Axis Bank 3-in-1 account

Which is the best brokerage firm?

• Total voters
Hi CC,
I have contacted SBI for a similar type of 3in1 account.
They are giving 0.50 and 0.10 brokerages.
Slight higher than Motilal oswal whose terminal they use.

I am trying to contact AXIS for the similar stuff that you are involved in.
If you have direct no for a mumbai branch please let me know
Also let me know if you have strated trading or have started using it and how you feel about it

thnx

I live in Kolkata so I don't have any contact number of Mumbai branches but you can find that on the internet.. I haven't started using the service. I just opened a new savings account and after this gets done, I'll apply for Trading & Demat account.

Sir, basically a 3-in-1 account is one in which a SINGLE bank offers you to trade online by providing a common platform with the same bank for maintaining your Savings Account, Demat Account and Trading account. This frees you from the hassles of having a Savings and a Demat account in one bank, and having your trading with some other brokerage firm [this is not a bad option although!]

I am not quite sure about its applicability to NRI's. Some other member may be of help out here in this matter.

I Really Dont Understand What Is 3 In One Account. Can Anybody Tell Me. What Is This And What Is The Advantages. I Am An Nri. Is It Useful To Me

We recently subscribed to Axis-bank 3-in-1 account.

First the positive :) observations:

The account works with Mozilla and Firefox browsers on Linux machines. Many other trading accounts work only with the lame duck Internet Explorer from Microsoft. Refusal to work with Firefox is an indication of non-standard web interfaces and web services. It indicates that the software vendor has willfully or accidentally locked the trading platform provider to a maimed software and the platform provider could not realize the trap.

The power of attorney conditions on the funds and demat accounts are reasonable unlike the unacceptable 'signed blank cheque' type of PoAs peddled by some others.

Few negative :( observations:

The online tutorials on how to buy-and-sell etc are reasonable, but they are not in phase with the currently deployed interfaces. For example, I could not find the instruction to block the funds when placing a buy-order in the buy-sell tutorial.

The software interfaces and logic for many processes are dependent on whether you login during the trading hours or otherwise. Many functionalities have been assigned to the trading period arbitrarily. For example, the first time login is supposed to force you to change the initial password (given to you in a sealed envelope) to something new. Unfortunately, this check is done only if you log in during the trading hours. My friend was told that he should not login for the first time during a Saturday because he might risk getting his account locked. We did not know this and logged in on a Saturday. The system did not ask for change of password and allowed us to do all the things possible on a saturday. We wanted to change the password ourselves but the option was not available in the non-trading period! We had to wait till Monday to change the password. Luckily it did not lock our account but my friend who waited till Monday somehow managed to lock his!

Probably geogit will have to refactor the features of their software and decouple them from unnecessary linkages to trading and non-trading hours.

Last edited:
I Really Dont Understand What Is 3 In One Account. Can Anybody Tell Me. What Is This And What Is The Advantages. I Am An Nri. Is It Useful To Me
1.Bank Account
2.DP / Depository for demat
3.Trading account for online or on call trading

so all three are related and you dont have to run from pillar to post to get all those linked.

For NRI 's also this is useful. But nothing special about it as far as i recalls