Ashwani Gujaral giving tips at wrong time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have purchased according to Aswini's recomendation stocks like Reliance Capital,Avaya Global Connect,Colgate. Where my money has blocked. Not getting out money.

So, the bottom line is that one should never buy in tips. We cannot blame anyone if we lose our money trading on someone's tips.

I have watched CNBC and Awaaz business channel and found that, Analyst say that these stocks are good and going to rise. But at the end of their session they say in disclosure that they don't own none of the stocks that they discussed. This shows that even they don't have much confidence in their tips they have spoken.

Regards,
a$h.investor

amaren

hi
even i found the tips on PYT worthless. hardly could i make good profit.even there suggestion of taking both the recomendations of atleast two experts has hardly fetched any thing. In fact i have considered the Rs999 subscription fee as my trading loss.
In fact i find very good calls from traderji itself. Threds like >Momentum picks>>Delivery_cal>>Fundamental picks.l

avinash

Hi Arul,

First of all,a very warm welcome to you.

Now refering to your question above............when one enters into any trade,the possibility of a move the other direction is always there.Therefore,not only is the entry important,but what you would do if it goes south.Thus the importance of a stop.......at what area would you pull the plugs on the trade?(Think the person concerned who alerted you of the trade must have surely given an entry point,stop point,and a possible target area).

Next point.........not only should you have a stop,but you gotta have some sort of a money management discipline that will dictate to you the number of shares that you are getting into.The fact that the previous pivot low is not violated yet and you are in pain already means that the number of shares bought was too much.To put it very simply,no pain should be felt on the trade hitting your stop loss.

And another little point...........there are many who will throw around "tips",some trade what they throw around,most make money from the people that they give "tips"to.Whether you come to a trade because of something you saw on a chart,or something that a newsletter service gave you,or something that you picked out of some magazine or newspaper........that decision to take the tip is yours and yours alone.If the trade succeeds,all credit is yours.And if it fails,all blame is yours.

My friend,wouldn't be any harm ,I am sure, to pick up some knowledge of trading the markets.It's not as complicated as many suggest........but it ain't that easy as well.Like rocket science or brain surgery,in stock trading too........education is an important pre-requisite before actually plonking money down into actual trades.

As far as Peninsula Land is concerned,it is still very much in a short term and intermediate uptrend,its previous pivot low yet to get violated........so far so good on this one,but the point is:Can you take it,if this falls to 650(uptrend still on even if we get to 650).........if this gives you some up move,you could exit and treat this whole exercise as tuition money to the markets.

All the best!
Happy Trading!
Saint
As always,well put....and gud 2 have u back!

Avinash

avinash

If you find yourself trading on tips regardless of the credentials of the tipster, you havn't done due diligence. Even if you believe that the tip is coming from a reliable source you need to evaluate it according to your own criteria of trading.....
Hi Shamim,

Very true.Really no point in blindly following somebody's recommendations if you don't know what you are doing .........as you correctly pointed out.So education first,then you can assess that particular tip and decide if you want to enter that trade or not.

So the question really is not abt this analyst being better or not compared to another analyst.

Avinash

These days.. ie. 19-23 feb. tell me one broker or analysts whose tip has not gone awry except of shorting on 23rd feb itself..

All tips going haywire buddy for all of them.. so its natural that many a times tips go wrong.. The point is at the end of the day/week/month loss should not exceed gains.. thats it !

I agree with what most of the members have said. The tips given by persons like Ashwani Gujral won't work. My experience has been that if you are well read about the stocks and continuously follow in good papers such as the Economic Times, you can have a rough guess (i.e., general idea) about the direction of the market as well as the main individual stocks. Normally speaking, my experience showed that 7 out of 10 times, one can be right if your guess is based on solid study. But, it is impossible for anybody to be right 10 on 10 occasions.

The only question is how to make so much money from 7 correct guesses that it is more than your losses from the 3 wrong guesses! For this, right entry level and stop-loss level, discipline, some control over greed and fear (easier said than done) can only help and NOT any tips.

The only tips which could be useful are the insider tips known at the right time before others know. Not everybody can get them, and they are supposed to be banned also as insider trading. The tips freely available from cheats like Ashwani Gujral on public media may not actually be useful.

jovarsha

I have more evidence to prove that ashwanigujral's news letter is a total failure and advice any members to not loose any money.More than 80% of his recommendations are failed and stop loss got triggered.
Any one interested I have the proof !!!!:mad:

Last edited:
I have more evidence to prove that ashwanigujral's news letter is a total failure and advice any members to not loose any money.More than 80% of his recommendations are failed and stop loss got triggered.
Any one interested I have the proof !!!!
I am also of the opinion that more often than not, trading calls stop losses get triggered in a volatile market. Still, I am v much interested in the proof pls. thanks !

jovarsha

Let me give a sample stats.These were not intra calls but Newsletter that meant for holding period of 20 days.Total number of recommendations given by him from 10th jan to 19th feb were 23.Out of which 16 got sl triggered and the rest never got near the target.
Pl note that the stop loss got triggered even before the correction!!
:mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.