Ashwani Gujaral giving tips at wrong time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All

If you hear his disclosures on CNBC he always states that he has Nifty Futures either Long or short. Rarely he has open position in other scrips.

Never ever believe in other's tips and take trading or investment position. The decision must be yours and the subsequent profit and loss is also yours.

Do you remember the super duper analyst Mr Mathews of Kolcutta?.

SEBI has debarred him giving tips for giving contradictory tips at variance from his positions !!!!!!!!!!!!!

SRJC

sureshk said:
Hi ,

I gives only three examples of aswins swing picks which itself shows statitics.
He had recommended

TRIVENI ENG.----BUY AT 88 ----WENT TO 123 IN EIGHT DAYS.
MARKASANS----BUT AT 250-----WENT TO 290 NEXT DAY
SADBHAV ENG---BUY AT 338----WENT TO 400 IN FOUR DAYS.

I think pravin and manisha will agree this.

Today he has given MSK PROJECT @114....CLOSE AT UPPER CIRCUIT 115.6(10%) UP. WE CAN EXCPECT AT LEAST 5-6% MOVEMENT FOR TOMMOROW.
LET US WATCH.

So PRAVIN AND MANISHA, don't bother about pba infra ,edu comp and piramid retail , TECHNIALLY THEY ARE STRONG ,PROBABILITY TO ACHIEVE THE TARGET IS MORE IN SHORT TERM.

Good luck.
I mean't historical trading statistics. Three picks don't make statistics, if you don't collect or see statistics for atleast 40-50 trades the data is meaningless. Close your eyes and pick 3-4 stocks in the current market conditions and there is a very good chance that they will be profitable. A stock picker's skills will be put to test in a sideways/declining market, that is why you need longer trading statistics to really judge if the picks really are better than randomly selected stocks.

Ashwini's or any other stock picker's picks might be good or bad, I don't care either way. My argument is that one needs to be very selective and take a hard look at the trading statistics because when you are taking someone else's picks you are running blind and you need something to give you confidence that you are not making a big mistake.

I would advise one thing to people using other's picks: you are far better off if you pick the wrong stocks yourself and get burnt initially. You will learn invaluable lessons in trading that you will never ever learn if you rely on someone else.

--SwingTrader

Just my two bits..Not an issue of Ashwini Gujaral or any X Y or z giving tips. Any TA/Tipster worth his salt has to windowdress his performance..and in euphoric times such as this its not very difficult. These days big money is being made by dozens by people in this category than the average you or me trading on the tips!!

Regarding a particular scrip that was mentioned viz msk proj, had this tip been given around 96-98, it would have been worthwhile than at 114..nearly 15% up. Not to say it has further upsides or not, timing is important. Thats what seperates a good TA/Tipster from the runof the mill..

vince

SRJC said:
Hi All

If you hear his disclosures on CNBC he always states that he has Nifty Futures either Long or short. Rarely he has open position in other scrips.

SRJC
Ashwani Gujaral is a self confessed expert on nifty trades, hence his preference to talk about the nifty technicals I suppose.

swingtrader said:
Pravin,

Can you give few more examples which led you to the conclusion that you are getting a raw deal from Ashwini Gujral? The example you gave doesn't support this argument. According to my analysis PBA INFRA is in a good position until it breaks below the support level around 150, if the market stays supportive it could actually breakout to new highs after this slight pullback. After you bought it at 177 it has only had a small pullback. I am not sure how this particular example indicates that all of Ashwini's tips are bad.

This is just my opinion. I am not endorsing Ashwini Gujral's tips, I have no idea about the sort of tips he gives. I firmly believe that nobody can predict anything in the market, not Ashwini Gujral nor any other person giving you tips. Trading is all about probabilities, you take a sensible strategy (even a moving averages crossover strategy will do) and take all trades it gives. You win some & lose some and if your stop loss mgmt & position sizing is good you wll come out ahead. Since you have no idea if he is using single or multiple strategies for the tips, all you can do is make sure your position sizing & stop loss mgmt are good. You might want to relook at your position sizing strategy, smaller size would have allowed you to withstand the small pullback in PBA INFRA and you would probably have not felt like this.

When you got the PBA INFRA tip, you should have seen that the nearest support around 150. So if you select 149 as the stop your risk would have been 177 - 149 = Rs. 28 multiplied by number of shares you bought. If you would have gone thru' this computation you would have known if you were capable of withstanding this loss. If you were not prepared to accept this loss when you initiated the trade then you had no business to be in the trade. When trading, before you enter the trade, be ready to accept the risk. If you had not thought all this and just blindly too the tip then I cannot say anything more.

These forums here have wealth of information buried inside, search and learn some more on how to manage risk and that will train you to not even be in such a position as you are in right now.

I hope you don't get angry and blast me, the above is just my humble opinion. I can understand your hurt but when trading on tips you still need to do lot of homework from your side.

--SwingTrader

It was such a nice explanation swingtrader, I liked it very much. To add a little to what u have said:

In Trading, u can't predict the price its only probable (chances of winning) to be high. When someone recommends a stock then also it is not 100% sure that it will go up, he had seen a probable movement (based on charts) and expecting to be higher.

So in every trade the winning and loosing is always possible. Now we need to pick a trade that has high chances of winning i.e. with right time entry and right time exit.

The concept of price stop is so important that if one dont follow it then he will end up loosing everything. I really have gone through that and learned.

Take an example 7 out of 10 picks u win (If u pick nicely :).
Example - Take a pick with entry as 100. You kept ur stoploss(support level) as 80. And the target for the stock depends on the momentum (Price and Volume) and u fixed short term targets like 130, 160 and 200 (Resistances)

Now when u reached 130 keep ur stop trailing upwards as long as the trend continues and when u see the trend reverses and touched ur stop loss then exit the trade.

Imagine it touched 180 and ur stop loss trailed to 155. And some reason ur stock coming down and touched ur stop loss (Determines the reverse of trend) then exit the trade. (Please dont think that I could have made more money If I would have sold at 180 because we dont know that stock is going to up or not but we are just following the trend)

Now ur trade can be a win or a loss. Chances are 70:30. If its a win then u gain 55 and if u loose its 20. If u dont have stop loss dont even think about it, u can loose 100 also

Overall if u calculate in such a way and out of ur 10 trades you can 85% profits and 15% losses with the concept of stop losses in place. I put up percentages to make it more understandable but nothing relative.

7:3 ratio is just meant to be good picks. Since u r in traderji, it would be definately 8:2 but pls take care to follow the right time entry, right time exit and trailing stop upwards.

The disadvantages of not having a proper stop loss are u can end up loosing everything, significantly waiting for a time that will come up, loosing ur sleeps etc. Imagine if u dont have a stop losses for any trades existing, look for a trend that continues and get out of rally without thinking about the profits.

This is my 100th post, I thought I could share some valuable information. Hope I did so.

Regards
Raj

karthikmarar

Hi

I find the whole thread a little amusing... take the TIP and blame the guy.. :D
why take the TIP in the first place? Ashwani gujaral did not force aybody to act on his tips. Each one of us is responsible for his or her own actions and there is no point in blaming anybody for it.

Learn the art of trading... then you dont have to depend on any gujaral or Easow or Gaba. Swing Trader has rightly said about the wealth of information available in this forum.

By the way our Raj himself is a good example. He has used this forum to learn and today he has the ability find his own calls, that too in a very short time.
Great going Raj and congratulations on your 100th post.

Hope the newcomers to trading in this forum will emulate him.

regards

Karthik

hmp

Hi Kartik,

I Totally Agree With U. If U Trade Cautiously By Keeping Stops Then Nobody Can Harm U.

Regards

Hmp

What you say is pure sense. All stock tips are only recommendations of the probability of stock movement and you mus determine the correct entry level to profit from it.

swingtrader said:
Pravin,

Can you give few more examples which led you to the conclusion that you are getting a raw deal from Ashwini Gujral? The example you gave doesn't support this argument. According to my analysis PBA INFRA is in a good position until it breaks below the support level around 150, if the market stays supportive it could actually breakout to new highs after this slight pullback. After you bought it at 177 it has only had a small pullback. I am not sure how this particular example indicates that all of Ashwini's tips are bad.

This is just my opinion. I am not endorsing Ashwini Gujral's tips, I have no idea about the sort of tips he gives. I firmly believe that nobody can predict anything in the market, not Ashwini Gujral nor any other person giving you tips. Trading is all about probabilities, you take a sensible strategy (even a moving averages crossover strategy will do) and take all trades it gives. You win some & lose some and if your stop loss mgmt & position sizing is good you wll come out ahead. Since you have no idea if he is using single or multiple strategies for the tips, all you can do is make sure your position sizing & stop loss mgmt are good. You might want to relook at your position sizing strategy, smaller size would have allowed you to withstand the small pullback in PBA INFRA and you would probably have not felt like this.

When you got the PBA INFRA tip, you should have seen that the nearest support around 150. So if you select 149 as the stop your risk would have been 177 - 149 = Rs. 28 multiplied by number of shares you bought. If you would have gone thru' this computation you would have known if you were capable of withstanding this loss. If you were not prepared to accept this loss when you initiated the trade then you had no business to be in the trade. When trading, before you enter the trade, be ready to accept the risk. If you had not thought all this and just blindly too the tip then I cannot say anything more.

These forums here have wealth of information buried inside, search and learn some more on how to manage risk and that will train you to not even be in such a position as you are in right now.

I hope you don't get angry and blast me, the above is just my humble opinion. I can understand your hurt but when trading on tips you still need to do lot of homework from your side.

--SwingTrader
THE WHOLE IDEA FOR AN ADVICE IS HIGH PROBABILITY .IF I AM TAKING MONEY FOR SOMETHING ITS MY JOB TO GIVE THE BEST.
IF YOU THINK THE ANALYSIS IS WRIGHT ,YOU ARE A SENIOR
. MOW LOOK AT A COMMEN PATTERN IN RECOMMENDATION ,ITS CALLED "JACKING" IN WALL STREET. "BUY WHITH HNI CLIENTS" BREAK THE RESISTANCE( THIS IS MOSTLY DONE IN BEAR RAIDS) AND THE RECOMMEND THE STOCK HEAVILY. THEN UNLOAD IT EVEN AFTER YOUR UNLOADING THE STOCK WILL BOUNCE (USALLY A DEAD CAT BOUNCE).
AND LETS THE COMMEN GUYS BE WASTED .THEN BUY AGAIN IF IT GOES UP AFTER SOAKING THE SUPPLY.
SIR DONT YOU THINK WE SHOULD HAVE A DIGNITY FOR WORK , I TAKE GOOD MONEY FROM MY "HNI" CLIENTS BUT YOU COULD ALSO SEE ME BANGING MY HEAD WITH THE COMPUTER SCREEN AT 1 "O" CLOCK AT NIGHT TO SHORT LIST THE GREAT STOCKS FROM THEM NOT BECOUSE THE PAY ME BUT BECOUSE THEY TRUST ME WHITH MY MONEY.

mdv10002000 said:
read this news
SEBI has directed Mr Mathew Easow, Chairman of Mathew Easow Research Securities Ltd, to "cease and desist" from recommending any investment in public media which amounts to violation of a key regulation embodied in SEBI (Prohibition of Fraudulent and Unfair Trade Practices Relating to Securities Market) Regulations, 2003.

SEBI had as part of an ongoing initiative examined recommendations given by the analyst. These, when compared with the trading pattern of his associate companies (Mathew Easow Research Securities Ltd and Mathew Easow Fiscal Services Ltd) clearly indicated that he "took an opposite trading position" in a few stocks.

The stocks are: Kalpana Industries, CESC, Ahlcon Parenterals and Albert David. Mr Easow started selling after giving an opposite advice to the market. "This indicates an obvious attempt to mislead the investors through investment recommendations, in a striking posture of ambivalence coupled with interest", the order has mentioned.

With CESC, for instance, recommendations were made in mid September (giving the target price of around Rs 300 in three months). The stock rose to Rs 241.20 on the date of recommendation (September 14) as compared to the previous close price of Rs 239.05.

He sold 3,300 shares on the day of his recommendation. "Interestingly, he was also carrying short position of 4400 shares in futures and options segment prior to his recommendations which, he covered on September 28, 2005, at a lower price," SEBI has mentioned.

" GREAT PIECE"
" GREAT JOB FOR TELLING THAT TO PEOPLE"

Status
Not open for further replies.