Any query/confusion? Visit this thread and get answers

Hi guys before i start off investing, wanted to know if there is any MINIMUM amount that companies require to be invested in their shares....i mean say, for an REL or a Sterlite , do I need to buy min of 10 shares or invest a min of 5000 rs etc?:(....or can i get away with buying just 1 share of each?

Hi guys before i start off investing, wanted to know if there is any MINIMUM amount that companies require to be invested in their shares....i mean say, for an REL or a Sterlite , do I need to buy min of 10 shares or invest a min of 5000 rs etc?:(....or can i get away with buying just 1 share of each?
No there is no rule as such...

Only in F& O there are these types of rules

Give me the correct way to calculate P/e of a company
Hi I am back...and its really good to see people helping eachother in true spirit of SHG:D
So as I don't see any major discontinuity in near future lets restart learning session in full go!
Coming back to your question Yatish...there are two ways, out of which former is used more widely:-
  1. Depending on projection one tries to get an estimated earning of the whole company and divide this by number of shares outstanding, this gives earning per share (EPS) and the price divided by EPS is P/E ratio.
  2. Some people (exceptionally though) argue in taking the trailing twelve months earning for the sake of exact calculations of P/E....but isn't we buy stocks for their future earning potential?

Will add more soon....
Regards,
SB

Hi, I am new 2 stock........Although I have been preparing to enter from December with a sum of 1 lak but I waited till the market fell down..........Should I enter at this level or should wait further???:confused:

Hello Members.i am new to forex.my problem is that whenever i intend entry a trade,i always have problem with puting the selling/buying stops at the correct range.pls can somebody explain or shed more light on this aspect for me.