Another Victim

Madeen,

Your cheque of 4.90 was originally issued to EMKAY....right...!!!
Yes the cheque was given in favor of the company.

Suggest, you call a meeting at EMKAY preferably with the Branch Manager, call the ex R & S at EMKAY's office.....preferably from your end take a Male along with you at the meeting somebody as scary as my Avatar....:)

Logistics of this maybe difficult because R & S may not agree to a meeting at EMKAY's office if they or EMKAY BM may not agree to them being present at the meeting....if EMKAY doesn't agree then you can always threaten them with dire consequences....which may soften them up a bit... and agreeable...!!!

If the meeting is going to happen let me know here through a post so I can tell you how to prepare for it....!!!
Those two are not ready to talk to me over the phone also...but I should say the manager of the company talks to me in a very nice and supportive way over the phone. I have asked my brother to visit Bangalore to have a meeting with the company and those two. I will ask your suggestions before this meeting.

Now coming to change of Phone number... one must realise that only way change of phone number can be effected is through a Modification Form along with a recent Phone Bill in your name.....Change of number looks like a inside job to me...there you have some more stuff stacked against EMKAY....!!!

Ask for the Modification Form & the Phone bill that was submitted for the request... it would stand to reason that it was an outright Forgery....!!!

Anyways, we are not allowed to post our email address, will send it through PM here at TJ ..hopefully you will receive it...!!!
I have asked for the modification letter. Its been more than 12 days since I asked them for the modification request letter but I have not yet got it. I called them to find out they said the guy responsible for all this was on leave. So far I have been very polite to the company since I need all the documents in hand before saying anything to them. But I was not aware that phone bill copy is also required for this kind of modification is this really needed? Then I will ask for that also.....

There are some more points about this I will mail you let us keep it secret..haha I am becoming a criminal lawyer now....:)

I have mailed you the doc on the mentioned email id....

As far as Post dated Cheques are concerned tell them you will accept the Post dated Cheques and each Cheque shall be returned upon receiving the equivalent Cash amount of the particular Cheque....!!!

SG
Yes sir I will ask that way.....

Dear Meenaji

First of all contact any one from India, who knows about any lawyer who deals with financial fraud cases, especially stockmarket and commodity market related. Then make a deal with the lawyer that what will be his fees after he recovers the entire amount.
Then let him start the proceeding. Usually the company will reciprocate immediately once they know that you can not be pushed around easily.These people can be starightened only with the stick.

Prasanna
Yes I am trying to do this, but family is not really supportive about me going to the court n all....They are saying the police and lawyer will only eat up all the money....:) If I were present in person there things would have been different. Once I get some strong point I will convince someone in India to take this up in the court, its okay even if I get little less money back in my hand I want the culprits to be punished thats all....

I checked it once again the false reports are from company id its not fake or anything.

I have got the application scanned copy from the back office portal, the demat account is opened in Cash segment and POA is signed which authorizes them to do transactions in Share scrips, stock bonds warrants option futures derivatives convertible debentures non convertible debentures secutritized debt instruments fixed return instruments equity linked instruments and other like nature......how to do I mail u the copies SG sir?

I am yet to get that letter which asks for Mobile no. change. Once I get that I plan to write a mail to them.

I asked Emkay to payout 21K to my bank account as I was scared that even that will go...

Yes Meena thats what everyone is thinking but this money which I have lost was special to me because I earned it and only people like us who work hard will know its value...

One twist to my story now!!
Both R and S have sent me a mail from their personal mail id that they were not intending to cheat me it all happened by chance and they will return my money. I have asked them to give this in writing and give me some post dated cheques so that I can believe what they are saying...

Why are they saying like this now? I am totally confused.
I will ask the company to give my money back anyways. I find at least another 4 or 5 similar cases against this company.
Their post date cheque will never pass it will always bounce. They are only give you time, again time, again and again time. The time may go one year two year even five year. Their clear intention was only cheating. Doing such fraud are not easy people. This is their regular business. Only one or two comes in light like you. Do not leave them.

SavantGarde

Yes I am trying to do this, but family is not really supportive about me going to the court n all....They are saying the police and lawyer will only eat up all the money....:) If I were present in person there things would have been different. Once I get some strong point I will convince someone in India to take this up in the court, its okay even if I get little less money back in my hand I want the culprits to be punished thats all....
Madeen,

Do not still get into Lawyer web yet... if EMKAY on its own or SEBI & NSE are unable to address your grievances to your satisfaction....then you may go ahead with Legal recourse....!!!

You haven't dealt with Lawyers yet... I would stay very far away from them and resort to their service,only if I have exhausted all avenues of Justice...!!!

SG

SavantGarde

Madeen,

Went through your application form.... you have only signed up for NSE & BSE Cash Segment ... therefore, how did Derivatives segment was traded...seems like perhaps more forgery of your signature will be revealed as we delve into this deeper.....!!!

SG

meena07

I didn't mean that Mam Sorry...:) And thanks for enlightening me I thought PM was personal mail id...:)

Yes mam I will not fall in to their trap once again..thanks and sorry again....
Madeen, first of all, no madam.
And don't be sorry.
IN your words, i smelled somewhat disappointment. So it was just to boost your confidence and assure that we are with you.
I knew you didn't mean us.So 'No Sorry'....

All the best, keep in touch with Savant sir.
But don't forget to post after Victory. :clap:

Last edited:

meena07

Madeen,

Went through your application form.... you have only signed up for NSE & BSE Cash Segment ... therefore, how did Derivatives segment was traded...seems like perhaps more forgery of your signature will be revealed as we delve into this deeper.....!!!

SG
Savant Sir, will that be 'nail in the coffin' for them ?
( if such huge losses are outcome of derivatives segment)

And do these broker have so poor surveillance systems ? FnO trades even when client not opted for it.

SavantGarde

Savant Sir, will that be 'nail in the coffin' for them ?
( if such huge losses are outcome of derivatives segment)

And do these broker have so poor surveillance systems ? FnO trades even when client not opted for it.
Hi Meena,

Everything points to EMKAY & their Employee misdeeds....!!!

There is no reason to believe that Madeen cant recover all her money including punitive damages levied on EMKAY.....!!!

SG

meena07

Savant Sir and Madeen

Often there are various posts claiming misdeeds of brokers/dealers. I rarely follow those posts to see progress.

But i followed this thread and came across various new things which i was unaware of. Like change of mobile number to be accompanied by photocopy of bill. Signs on forms, POA taken for which purpose etc.

Thanks Savant sir for always sharing your knowledge and experience with us

SavantGarde

Savant Sir and Madeen

Often there are various posts claiming misdeeds of brokers/dealers. I rarely follow those posts to see progress.

But i followed this thread and came across various new things which i was unaware of. Like change of mobile number to be accompanied by photocopy of bill. Signs on forms, POA taken for which purpose etc.

Thanks Savant sir for always sharing your knowledge and experience with us
KYC norms have become very strict...and personal opinion is that it is very good for Traders/Investors, while no detail can be changed or modified without valid proof, accompanied by the Modification Form duly signed and filled by the Client, at the bottom there is an acknowledgment receipt to be signed by the broker and given to the client...!!!

I have a small request, hope you will agree ...which is to Please address me as SG...Thank You for agreeing....:)

SG