Angel broking: Cheap brokerage and excellent service.

magnet

Does angel charge any amount while opening an account?

I guess for first year amc is free.but they charged me some 490 buks saying for trading in bse and nse this is the total you have to pay.

Come on man.
Lets say I buy stock of Rs 7000. In zerodha you charge me 20rs
Angel gives me Rs7 for that. Who is cheaper
Same for Shriram.
I was thinking same thing. As you said in Intraday, IIFL charge Rs 50 per lot of nifty future while Zerodha will charge me Rs 40 to buy and sell nifty future.

All other charges- stamp duty and STT remains same in every brokerage.

in IIFL , call and trade facility is of use to me as if i am stuck somewhere i can call RM and do the trade over phone.

For small quantity, i dont think Zerodha is effective. Zerodha is dream come true for big guys who atleast trade 10-15 lots of nifty future everyday.

You have good knowledge of brokerage industry. I appreciate your knowledge. By the way did you tried Angel swift- Angel mobile trading platform?

I hope with 3 G, we can move to effective mobile trading and trade on move.

Come on man.
Lets say I buy stock of Rs 7000. In zerodha you charge me 20rs
Angel gives me Rs7 for that. Who is cheaper
Same for Shriram.
good point. I keep on adding to several stocks like reliance power, ntpc, sbi, ongc, dish tv.. a long list, very small quanity. Like today sbi was down 5%, i bought 1 share at 3270 and I'm accumlating sbi from 800 levels. I was charged a total of 16 bucks at 0.35% by kotak and 16 include charges and taxes.

Also in RKG I pay 18 bucks each side for 1 out of money nifty option for hedging and if that option moves 70 paisa also I get my brokerage back and start making money. Usually out of money cost 2-5 bucks and one don't buy huge quantity, just 1-2 lots. So why pay 20+charges each side that too on unheard broker.

I was thinking same thing. As you said in Intraday, IIFL charge Rs 50 per lot of nifty future while Zerodha will charge me Rs 40 to buy and sell nifty future.

All other charges- stamp duty and STT remains same in every brokerage.

in IIFL , call and trade facility is of use to me as if i am stuck somewhere i can call RM and do the trade over phone.

For small quantity, i dont think Zerodha is effective. Zerodha is dream come true for big guys who atleast trade 10-15 lots of nifty future everyday.

You have good knowledge of brokerage industry. I appreciate your knowledge. By the way did you tried Angel swift- Angel mobile trading platform?

I hope with 3 G, we can move to effective mobile trading and trade on move.
I prefer to avoid unknown brokers with small coverage. I have not tried Angel Swift. My company does not block anything so I am not tempted to take it.

good point. I keep on adding to several stocks like reliance power, ntpc, sbi, ongc, dish tv.. a long list, very small quanity. Like today sbi was down 5%, i bought 1 share at 3270 and I'm accumlating sbi from 800 levels. I was charged a total of 16 bucks at 0.35% by kotak and 16 include charges and taxes.

Also in RKG I pay 18 bucks each side for 1 out of money nifty option for hedging and if that option moves 70 paisa also I get my brokerage back and start making money. Usually out of money cost 2-5 bucks and one don't buy huge quantity, just 1-2 lots. So why pay 20+charges each side that too on unheard broker.
I also use accumulation / buy on dips strategy. But this may not be very effective if Angel charge Rs.30 min brokerage. So far they have not charged it. I am waiting to see if they do any quarterly adjustments. No one has clear answer about this when the adjustments will be done. HDFC SEC for example does it in the same day as soon as they issue the contract note.

Does angel charge any amount while opening an account?

I guess for first year amc is free.but they charged me some 490 buks saying for trading in bse and nse this is the total you have to pay.
Yes they take 490 from your margin money check. But if you trade within 15 days of account opening that amount is refunded.
I have got refund.

magnet

okk nothing as such was told to m.They just told its their fee and they will take it.

Also I have applied for RTGS option so if i reverse my angel back office funds it should directly be transferred to my hdfc account.

But when i did it once they made a cheque which i have to collect from their branch.

Still in back office it shows my pay-out details as Angel broking in client report rather than my hdfc account.

Does it mean they still havent changed the same?

Same thing happened to me as well. They are lousy in using the cancelled cheque to link the bank account. If your NEFT/RTGS is enabled then in the backoffice application you will see only that radio is selected with the proper account number. I had to give another cancelled cheque to do that. So you need to do that. If you think your branch is worthless. You directly send a scanned copy of the cancelled cheque to their Mumbai office by email. All details are there in the backoffice fund transfer page.