Angel broking: Cheap brokerage and excellent service.

I wish to close my account with angel as its almost a month and i still am not getting proper reply when online trading activation will be done and why still after giving cancelled cheque payout account details not changed to bank from angel.(four days back they told within evening ill receive the password but its still not done)

Also the branch with whom i m dealing only take cares of bse nse and futures stuff.No commodities and nsel which i want all under one roof including currency trading.

In start facing so much trouble god knows when activation done what will happen.

Also all other brokers give free 1st year on amc.Whereas they charged and still no activation of account seen.I loose alot of opportunity to trade because of this.

Now want to know i have coal india ipo shares and might also get power grid shares in my account.

I only have access to back office.

Want to know what are the formalities to shift these shares to another dp where i open my account.

After that ill take care of account closure.

Urgent help needed as i dont want to loose for further future opportunities .
Dear Magnet,

It is very unfortunate that you are facing such difficulties with your account. I too have an account with Angel, and I find them very caring and prompt. I can trade on BSE, NSE, commodities, and currency from the same screen. With the launch of mobile trading, now I can trade on my mobile and on my laptop too, both are synchronised. It is really convenient to trade while on a move and when you are back to the office you get your positions on your laptop. I think you should write to their Quality Assuranse team to intervene and give you a solution. Take my word after these initial glitches(maybe because of branch people) you will like to be with Angel. They are customer centric and I can vouch for them.

Regards,
VDT

VDT - I agree with you. I have the same experience and they are really extra caring. But if he needs to call up mumbai every now and then for petty issues he will burn a hole in his pocket even with cheap calls these days.

magnet

Dear Magnet,

It is very unfortunate that you are facing such difficulties with your account. I too have an account with Angel, and I find them very caring and prompt. I can trade on BSE, NSE, commodities, and currency from the same screen. With the launch of mobile trading, now I can trade on my mobile and on my laptop too, both are synchronised. It is really convenient to trade while on a move and when you are back to the office you get your positions on your laptop. I think you should write to their Quality Assuranse team to intervene and give you a solution. Take my word after these initial glitches(maybe because of branch people) you will like to be with Angel. They are customer centric and I can vouch for them.

Regards,
VDT
May i know with which branch you associated with?

The problem is for every online calls or phone calls they say contact branch.

ANd branch are like we did it you will definitely get it today.

And the biggest blunder once the account got activated and i went their to ask why i didnot received online trading kit.Their answer was ohh you want to do online trading.Meet our branch manager for that as we are only phone based traders.I was like WTF i told them at start i do have account with hdfc from past 3 years and just for other options i am opening an account with them.

Anyways had an online chat with them and they have said they will asked with the branch and get back to me.Ill give this week as last option else will first try to see which other angel branch around can give me all under one roof.If not possible will open an account with geojit or motilal and will transfer all my shares from here.

Hey Vijay and Kdhrubo even I agree with you as regards Angel that it is truly a customer oriented company. I have an account with angel for the past 2 years. and never faced any issues with their service. If you are facing troubles with the branch, it would be very effective if you approach the feedback of angel broking as angel broking;’s feedback cell is very particular about the customer complaints and they are bound to close the complaints within a specific period of time. I had a complaint once and called the feedback, one guy vishal who works in feedback helped me a lott and got my issues resolved. Just remember that you are a customer and no business can run without customers and no company wants to loose customers. hence, just complaint this thing to feedback if you are not happy with the branch. Things depend a lot from branch to branch. I am from Ludhiana and my branch has never given me a single chance to complaint anything about them. They are very particular about the service and call me regularly to ask me if I have any complaint. Btw, you are from which branch?

Vijay and Chulbul - I have one doubt with Angel , please tell me when do they adjust the Rs.30 min contract note? I have few trades where total brokerage is less than Rs.30

magnet

Just few minutes back i received the mail with passowrd saying to register on any angel trade/investor or diet.

But now new trouble.

On none i can get log.

It says wrong client id or password.

I am thinking as its night it havent yet been activated on site.

Tomm morning will give another try after which will again call customer care.

God knows when my trouble with them will end.

Whats the update magnet?

Some of friends who trade in the same branch as mine are facing lots of issues too. Their orders (online) are getting rejected inspite of having balances. I faced the same then called up and emailed one guy to open the limit. This is painful. People are missing opportunity to buy this dip. For my friends calling and phoning has not helped for past 1 week. The online support is crap and only redirects to branch or gives a Mumbai number. Even if phone calls STD are cheap these days but why for low brokerage I will burn a whole in my pocket by calling this people every day to open my limit.

Now I see that stocks are not coming for delivery. I took CESC and its been 7 days and I donot see it in delivery even if I see it on ECHOPDA. Same for my few other scrips which I took for delivery. This is insane. I am also contemplating of continuing with SHRIRAM or IIFL. So many systems, so many passwords makes life difficult. Those coming from IIFL, HDFCSEC will appreciate the ease of single window, single sign-on and peace.
Honestly in last 4 yrs I never have called anyone in IIFL. Never no complaints. Only came to Angel because of low brokerage. Looks like a mistake. I think we should focus on buying good stocks rather than worry to much about brokerage. My HDFC brokerage was 50p, in IIFL 30p. I had a talk with IIFL they have agreed to further reduce it to 20p. I am seriously contemplating to move my stocks in Angel to IIFL or Shriram.

Angel did not help in IDFC BOND nor COAL INDIA IPO , IIFL did help me.

BTW - SHRIRAM now has set my brokerage to 10p. I will check if they have reversed my extra brokerage over the weekend.

I think the biggest problem with Angel are
  • Too much aggressive client acquisition without trained stuff
  • Poor IT infrastructure which cannot handle the growing client base
  • Customer service is only good for few customers not for all.
  • At times they are big liars - I give discount here to field stuff as these poor boys and girls are under tremendous target pressure from top bosses.