Amibroker Database for NSE stocks

Procedure for incorporating changed symbols into Amibroker database:

this procedure can be adopted after atleast one quote is there with the new symbol.
select the new symbol through the symbol combo-box.

GoTo >> Symbol >> Merge ...

a window with the title 'Merge Quotes' opens up with the current symbol pre-entered in the Destination field.

select the old symbol with the help of the combo-box against the 'merge with'.

you may check "Overwrite duplicate quotes" & "Delete 'merge with' security afterwards"

Press OK ; done.

now you will get the full chart with the new symbol & the old symbol is deleted.

NSE regularly updates a link from where the changed symbols & their data can be downloaded. the link is given below & also the contents as on today are sorted on change date with the latest change at the top. you may change the extension of symbolchange to .csv & open in excel.

http://www.nse-india.com/content/equities/symbolchange.csv

the next post deals with updating the database with the splits / bonus.

all the best.
MurthyMSR
Hi Murthy,

Do i need to correct the symbol one by one or do you have any AFL which will do the required.

Thanks in advance for your time and help.

Regards,
Vijai

i am new to TA and AB. Initially I had lot of problems in confiduring AB. but the various post by learned Karthik, Murtha and other really helped me.

i thank Karthik, Muthry and others for the efforts thay have taken and shared the knowledge and links. their posts really helped me.

Salute to you all

Hi All

Finally we come to the actual procedure to setup the sectors and Industries for Amibroker.

We require 2 Amibroker files, One text file containing the industry details for the stocks and finally one afl to load the data into Amibroker. Following are the files

1. Broker.sectors - Ami file
2. Broker.Industries - Ami File
3. Stockindustry.txt - text file containg the industry details for the stocks
4. loaddata.afl - Afl for lading the sector and Industry data.

Following is the procedure

1,Backup file c:\Program Files\Amibroker\data\Broker.Workspace ( or d:\... wherever you AB is loaded)

2. Delete Broker.Workspace

(Or you can just rename the existing Broker.Workspace into something convenient to remember)

3. Backup and Delete broker.industries and broker.sectors from
c:\program files\Amibroker.
(Or just rename as mentioned before)

4. Copy the files new broker.sectors and broker.industries file to this dir.

5. Copy LoadData.afl into c:\programfiles\Amibroker\formulas\custom ( or d:\... wherever you AB is loaded)

6. Modify LoadData.afl file to point to where the StockIndustry.txt file. Is located. The Default location is the root directory of D:\. If you are apprehensive in changing the Loaddata.afl , just save the txt file in the root directory in partition D.

7. Now open Amibroker.

8. By default, all the stocks will be in the 1st industry, Agro - Others. Move them to Industry 255 using menu item Symbol -> Organize assignments..

9. Open LoadData.afl for analysis. In the Analysis window, choose the following
Apply to: All stocks
Range : Last 200 quotes.

And then run the scan. This may take a few minutes depending on your computer speed.

10. Once the Scan is complete, check it your sector and Industry allocation.

The necessary files enclosed.

Please do let us know if you face any problem..

warm regards

karthik
where are the enclosed files
i am not able to see any links for sectors and industries files
kindly post the link for the same

I am a newbee to traderji and am unable to access the attachments referred in this thread. Could be deleted/archived intentionally. Can anyone help us by reposting those attachments?