Amibroker Database for NSE stocks

cnbondre

dear karthik & murthy,

this is an ultimate example of selfless service.
hat off to u.

Everything is working fine.

Best regards,
soumya
Hi,

I am a new member to day reached to this thread.
I thanks you both karthik & murthy from the bottom of my heart.

Soumya has said it rightly "this is an ultimate example of
selfless service".

Really---really--thanks. Thanks, tons of thanks.
So far have not started any work on this front will post if any problem.

Regards.

C N B

Last edited:

cnbondre

i've just installed amibroker (unregistered) and has created a bhavcopy of NiftyFuture of all the expiry from 30/01/2009 - - 06/07/2009, as i've no knowledge in TA i wud like to know whether the file is alright, i've taken help from (GetBhavCopy website). I've downloaded the nifty fut. prices from NSEIndia.com and converted them into .txt format. Pls do advise.

N.B. Pls find the attached the file.
Hi,

Sub2501,

Will you please post the link from where you down loaded the NIFTY EOD. I want seperate data for NIFTY SPOT, NIFTY FUTURE, BANK_NIFTY, ETC.

I could down load the data of equities from the following link
http://www.nseindia.com/marketinfo/equities/cmbhav.jsp?csvname ==cnb for nse bhavcopy

Regards.

CNB

sub2501

log on to www.NSEINDIA.com click F&O > Historical Data> Contract-wise Price Volume Data--- insert the reqd. details and download file in csv format. save the file & delete all those coloums which u don't need like instrumen, expiry etc, now copy paste the data from excel to ms word, convert data in word from table to text (ms word menu - table/convert/table to text) a pop up window opens in ms word, select the options "other" and inset comma, into the box behind the options "other". Now copy the converted data from msword to notepad and save the notepad in ur reqd. folder.

well intellichart gives a realtime charting for many stocks/ index of nse for a trial of 4 working days and realtime charting to amibroker,metastock, u can view those could help u, these are of no use to me as i'm totally zero in TA.
Buy dude have a happy trading.
subha.

cnbondre

log on to www.nseindia.com click f&o > historical data> contract-wise price volume data--- insert the reqd. Details and download file in csv format. Save the file & delete all those coloums which u don't need like instrumen, expiry etc, now copy paste the data from excel to ms word, convert data in word from table to text (ms word menu - table/convert/table to text) a pop up window opens in ms word, select the options "other" and inset comma, into the box behind the options "other". Now copy the converted data from msword to notepad and save the notepad in ur reqd. Folder.

Well intellichart gives a realtime charting for many stocks/ index of nse for a trial of 4 working days and realtime charting to amibroker,metastock, u can view those could help u, these are of no use to me as i'm totally zero in ta.
Buy dude have a happy trading.
Subha.
hi,

sub2501,

thanks a lot for the detailed step by step info. This is very very helpful. Realy thanks.....

Cnb

cnbondre

can someone please reply to this ?

Thanks,
sameer.
hi, sameer,

go to charts at the left side, you will get basic charts, expand it by click on + sign. Drag and drop the "price", into the pane by pressing the left mouse. You will get the candles. The same process you can use for indicators to drag and drop into the pane. You can use right click to select the 'insert', 'overlay', etc. Facility also. If you still have any problem pl. Drop your mail id i will try to help you at my level best. I am also learning the ami.

Regards,

cnb

Hi cnb,

Thanks for your reply. I still have doubt. Can you please email me at xxxxxx

Thanks,
Sameer.
hi, sameer,

go to charts at the left side, you will get basic charts, expand it by click on + sign. Drag and drop the "price", into the pane by pressing the left mouse. You will get the candles. The same process you can use for indicators to drag and drop into the pane. You can use right click to select the 'insert', 'overlay', etc. Facility also. If you still have any problem pl. Drop your mail id i will try to help you at my level best. I am also learning the ami.

Regards,

cnb

Last edited:

murthymsr

Hi,

I could down load the data of equities from the following link
http://www.nseindia.com/marketinfo/equities/cmbhav.jsp?csvname ==cnb for nse bhavcopy
In the software section, we have a few very good NSE EOD Data downloaders. You may use one of them instead of directly getting the raw data from the NSE site. These downloaders will download, do some cleanup and convert into a format which AB can directly import into and read.
These applications does all the job for you and make your life easy. This is the superset of data and all other groups like nifty, Junior etc are subsets. Sometimes, these subsets may overlap with each other also.

Will you please post the link from where you down loaded the NIFTY EOD. I want seperate data for NIFTY SPOT, NIFTY FUTURE, BANK_NIFTY, ETC.
EOD data for all the Nifty stocks, junior etc are already available in the AB database. What you have to tell AB is only that THESE listed stocks belong to Nifty, junior etc. This can best be done assigning each group to a watchlist. You may refer to AB manual to know more about assigning groups of stocka to a watchlist.

I have not given a solution to your query, but only shown the way to achieve a solution. Hope it will help all.

Attached screenshot will give some idea of how AB screen looks like after assigning stocks to watchlists. In the example shown, I made a watchlist for stocks held, nifty etc. You may make 63 watchlists. You will find short of ideas to fill all possible watchlists. You might have noticed that BHEL belongs to the watchlist 'HOLDS' as well as Nifty and may also belong to another watchlist named "Likely move up in short term". ( This is only an example and please do not take this as an recommendation to buy !)

murthymsr

Attachments