Amibroker Database for NSE stocks

how to organize databae into sectors

hi
i am new to amibroker. i have downloaded data using getbhavcopy.exe software.also imported data into amibroker. pls help me to orrganize data into sectors.thanks in advance.

Hi All

Finally we come to the actual procedure to setup the sectors and Industries for Amibroker.

We require 2 Amibroker files, One text file containing the industry details for the stocks and finally one afl to load the data into Amibroker. Following are the files

1. Broker.sectors - Ami file
2. Broker.Industries - Ami File
3. Stockindustry.txt - text file containg the industry details for the stocks
4. loaddata.afl - Afl for lading the sector and Industry data.

Following is the procedure

1,Backup file c:\Program Files\Amibroker\data\Broker.Workspace ( or d:\... wherever you AB is loaded)

2. Delete Broker.Workspace

(Or you can just rename the existing Broker.Workspace into something convenient to remember)

3. Backup and Delete broker.industries and broker.sectors from
c:\program files\Amibroker.
(Or just rename as mentioned before)

4. Copy the files new broker.sectors and broker.industries file to this dir.

5. Copy LoadData.afl into c:\programfiles\Amibroker\formulas\custom ( or d:\... wherever you AB is loaded)

6. Modify LoadData.afl file to point to where the StockIndustry.txt file. Is located. The Default location is the root directory of D:\. If you are apprehensive in changing the Loaddata.afl , just save the txt file in the root directory in partition D.

7. Now open Amibroker.

8. By default, all the stocks will be in the 1st industry, Agro - Others. Move them to Industry 255 using menu item Symbol -> Organize assignments..

9. Open LoadData.afl for analysis. In the Analysis window, choose the following
Apply to: All stocks
Range : Last 200 quotes.

And then run the scan. This may take a few minutes depending on your computer speed.

10. Once the Scan is complete, check it your sector and Industry allocation.

The necessary files enclosed.

Please do let us know if you face any problem..

warm regards

karthik
HI karthik,

I have followed the above procedure, and every thing was fine but the companies allotted to sector is very different, like icici bank comes in Health care sector, Jetairways comes in Financial sector etc means i chk some companies and all are in wrong sector.

what should i do. please help

thanks
Nishant

Last edited:
Hi all

now we have the sector and Industry allocated in Amibroker. No queries so far. So either nobody followed it or nobody faced any problems. :D

Anyway let me go to the next step of creating the sector and industry charts. Very easy. just run the attched afl in the the analysis, Scan and the charts will be created automatically and they will be loaded under the first sector folder "Sector Aggregates".

Attaching the afl and some sample sector and Industry charts.

regards

Karthik
Hi Karthik,

I am a newbie here, hence the late reply. Everything is working fine....thanks for the absolute great work.

Can you please post this afl again for creating the charts...it will be extremely helpful. If any correction is needed I can help you out..I can see you are coding in JS.

Thanks in advance,
chaggs

can anyone say..what karthikmrar had said in one of the earlier posts in this section......6. Modify LoadData.afl file to point to where the StockIndustry.txt file. Is located. The Default location is the root directory of D:\. If you are apprehensive in changing the Loaddata.afl , just save the txt file in the root directory in partition D......Bijoy

babukraman

Re: Incorrect sectors in my DB

I followed the instructions given in the earlier part of this thread, to Sector the DB . But the sector seems incorrect in my DB. Would anyone know why .I have attached a screen shot .
I thank the esteemed members like Karthik, Murthy, Soumya, Saint, etc. etc., for their unrelenting efforts to spread their wisdom and knowledge. My salute to them! :thumb:
I've updated the database now (I'm a beginner of TA) and I've got the same results as mentioned by Neville_ed; scrips appearing in irrelevant sectors and industries; any solution for it? Thanks! :D
Babu Kothandarman

Re: Incorrect sectors in my DB

Dear Friends,

I have downloaded the trial version of amibroker I want to learn this TA software and I am based in Gurgaon. Can any one help me to guide to use it, I am not very good at tech side of computer.If some one can help me to provide expert's number who can guide me I am ready to pay the charges. (off course reasonable) I am looking guidance on Amibroker TA S/w,
IS there anyone available in Gurgaon/ Delhi to teach me right from installation, Data feed , and developing formulas?

Your feedback would be highly appreciated. Pls do drop a mail with contact person and his contact number. please contact 9871775755

Thanks & Regards

Dear Karthik,
Can u upload the new file list for Database ... Pls

Regards

MRDJ
Hi All,

This is my first post in this forum and I am spanking NEW to trading itself. I downloaded AMIBROKER trial version yesterday, after seeing its popularity in many many websites.

Can you please tell me what this "DataDownloader" could do for me? What are we trying to achieve here ? If we need BSE/NSE data, we can download NSE Bhavcopy upto 10 years from NSE Website (in .csv.zip format) and BSE bhavcopy upto 5 years (in .csv.zip format).

Somone has written here how to import .csv files here...
HTML:
http://www.traderji.com/introductions/47605-tips-import-bse-nse-bhavcopy-directly-amibroker.html
The only question I have is "is it possible to bring in live intra day data from Yahoo or Google, both for NSE&BSE and update the AMIBROKER when market is live.

If any one can guide me with an answer to this, that would be great.

Thanks,

P.S. The low cost tools I used form importing NSE/BSE historical data is:
1. Free Download Manager (FDM)
2. Rename.exe (it has a RN logo)
3. And a list of files for each year created using Microsoft Excel !!