A tool for Fundamental Analysis

Thank you for this tool...

While reading the documentation at "http://www.sigma-cap.com/wwwhome2/warren_buffet.htm"

I came across this statement "For our screen, we first required that a company's seven-year earnings growth rate be higher than that of 75% of the stocks in the overall database. Stock Investor Professional includes percentile ranks for growth rates, so we specified a percentile rank greater than 75. "

Can someone please explain what this means...

Thanks.

I have a question, Some of the worksheets have intrinsic value. Is the goal of the worksheet to get this value. What inferences do I draw from the workbook. I am new to stocks. Please help.

I have completed analysis for Geodesic. Let me know if this is good.

rajeshn2007

I have a question, Some of the worksheets have intrinsic value. Is the goal of the worksheet to get this value. What inferences do I draw from the workbook. I am new to stocks. Please help.

I have completed analysis for Geodesic. Let me know if this is good.
The eps for first years are same and I think they are incorrect.

Assuming the data you have entered in the xl sheet is correct, the average p/e ratio you have calculated 60 is not applicable. 10 years eps of 230rs, with a average p/e of 10 times would give you a price of 2300.

Please help in basic
1) When calculating historical P/E ratio
a) Which EPS to used EPS or cash EPS. Annual or quarterly EPS to be used
b) Which date price to be used? Is it on 31 march of the year?
c) What is difference between adjusted EPS and reported EPS

Please help

Hi Dinesh,

i everytimehad a doubt regading the equityshare capital, please throwsome light.
When a company comes with an IPO and the price fixed is Rs.250/- per share.
Where Rs.10/- is the Face value and Rs.240/- is the share premium.
But we show in the balance sheet Share Capital as No.of Oustanding Equity Shares*Face Value.

What happens to the Share Premium, where does that go??????

rajeshn2007

Hi Dinesh,

i everytimehad a doubt regading the equityshare capital, please throwsome light.
When a company comes with an IPO and the price fixed is Rs.250/- per share.
Where Rs.10/- is the Face value and Rs.240/- is the share premium.
But we show in the balance sheet Share Capital as No.of Oustanding Equity Shares*Face Value.

What happens to the Share Premium, where does that go??????
the premium goes to the reserves.