A Humble Journey: 200 Points Per Year

Once Bitten twice shy.. after continuously funded the trade account for nearly
three years and suffered loses in many wrong trades... now i find no courage
to initiate first trade.

Really scary to initiate first trade.. ok guys.. yes i am little bit in scared state to initiate a trade...
That is the reason mock trading does not help beyond a point, real time executing trades in the live market is very important . . .

What is your primary objective,
1. you want to make 20% on the capital (1L) or
2. You want to learn trading with an objective of making aprox/avg 20% / per year?

if you are aiming for 2 . . . then you should reduce the size to as small as you can trade without any hesitation

If 25 Nifty is still too big for you, don't feel upset, just forget futures for some time and trade the spot market.

Now the problem people raise with this is when swing trading on spot market, how do you go/create a short position,
you cannot but you can easily simulate a short position even when trading on spot market,
if you are clear your objective is learning to trade/getting confidence at executing trades without hesitation . . .
then there are ways to handle it

Happy :)

raynor

Ok Happy... i am reducing from 4 lots to 3 lots for a capitol of one lakh

raynor

A note to me

there are many traders who successfully trade on trading systems which gives
success probability of 40 percent. yes they are trend traders.

means out of 10 trades they take, 6 trades will hit stop loss.
obviously, because of whipsaws and range bound markets

in all those trades they take stop loss and they trade continuously
how ever when a trend got clicked they recover all their losses and gain a decent profits

raynor

prices never go straight up,therefore it is necessary to let the prices goes against you if you are going to ride a trend. early in trend this can often mean
watching decent profits of 10% to 20% fade to a small loss.

in the middle of a trend, it might mean watching a profit of 50% to 60% drop by 30% to 40%.

turtle system enters on breakout. most break outs donot results in trends.this
means that most of the trades that the turtle made resulted in loss. if the winning trades didnot earn
enough on average to offset the lossess, then the turtles would have lost money.

.... experts from turtle traders

raynor

sold 3 lots at 8255 with sl of order 8286, trigger: 8285

raynor

closed with 30 pts loss

raynor

OMG.. feeling not good..bloody human instincts... ok guys am going to eat sleep and spend the weekend happily... see u guys next week...

raynor

hi stock... no it is based on a system. when sl hit i lost 2250 rs... little bit got sad...
because i hoped that nf will move in same diraction.. but sl hit.... just expressed my feelings..
if i keep that feelings inside me it will hurt me.. so if i took out the feeling.. it feels little bit happier

Last edited: