1 Lakh to 4.5 Crore in 5 Months..Possible?

saivenkat

Lot of milestones has to be crossed, in between 1 lac to 4.5 crore.

When once such a huge ambition is set in our mind, i feel that it gives way to greediness, and whereby automatically other factors like emotion, confusion, wrong entry in a trade, creeps in.

IMO one must try to execute a trade in calm and clean manner, and let the profits accrue on the own. And once the strategy is established, one can risk a portion of their profits, in making their volumes increase or try some technique different.

Regards
Saivenkat:)

Let me share my experience in here. I learnt trading matters in Mumbai like one and half years back. Initially used to trade in Equities, but alas my patience factor has never been that good. So profits losses everything taken together, arrived at such amount at which I started and that too after three months. I started with 10,000 and after three months it was ten only. Then one fine day, somebody taught me a few lessons on options. Walla. I crunched on excel and I was rich (on paper of course). I started out on my venture in Nifty Options. First month lost 75% of my capital. Second month added something from my salary to make it 10000 again. Made a small profit of 12333 something. Gradually I learnt about TA, spreads, strategies, applied them on paper, sometimes failed miserably or otherwise made profit. Then 15-20 days prior to the May elections I took 500 Call Options of Nifty 4600 at Rs. 5. The rest I have lost all in my experiments. The day after Elections, it went upto 380. I sold the lot and earned a awesome amount of money. But my poor money management. Nobody would believe I lost almost the entire amount in a few subsequent transactions. So I was back to where I was. But this time I was more determined to understand the market. Nowadays I trade in options but for small profits. Like, If I am very sure of a trade, I will exit at Rs. 2/3 gain, apart from the brokerage amount. However, what I have learnt is the following.

1. Never hurry for profits. Keep it small. Small profits would accumulate into a good amount.
2. Set a long time goal.
3. Learn "Stop Losses" better than trading strategies.
4. Divide your profits into two. One for back up and rest to feed back into trade.
5. Never plan anything major of your life, from stock market returns.
6. Money & Stress Managment are the most vital ingredients to trading.

So a small story to share. But I assume many of my friends over here may have something similar to say.

Greetings,

Dipen

One more small advice. Keep a good track of major events which affects volatility. Most feasible returns are generated close & prior to the expiry date. Options may help someone to earn returns better than stocks, but it has to be adequately hedged with strategies. :thumb:

2. Set a long time goal.

5. Never plan anything major of your life, from stock market returns.

Dipen
hi dipen,
appreciate your perseverance and approach.

i differ with your point #5 .i believe if our approach is correct then we can have plans for major things out of returns from market.your point #2 supports my belief. :thumb:

sbhav.

Dear SBhav

I understand and appreciate your feedback. Yes to some extent I am wrong over there. Actually due to major setbacks, I have changed my perspective. Thats why I never suggest trading returns to realise major ideas.

But perspectives do differ and everyone is correct from their own standpoint.

With this, I would also request fellow friends to contribute similar experiences.

Regards,

Dipen

sudoku1

WHY 4.5 CR >
EVEN 20 crore is possible but u will have 2 pump up the volms of trade....it is not possible in 1 or 2 lots !!!!;)

TraderRavi

low risk profile
Dear pradeep,

yes put 5 crores in your trading account ..after 6 months take remaining 4.5 crores ....thats easy ...:D

veluri1967

A small doubt brother.

Usually the targets should be in round figures. Donot they?

1 Lakh to 1 Crore in 1 month would be a good option. OR

1 Lakh to 5 crores in 5 months is OK

But,

1 Lakh in 4.5 crores in 5 months is something odd.

I have apprehensions that you might have made it like it.

Please share it here.

columbus

A small doubt brother.

Usually the targets should be in round figures. Donot they?

1 Lakh to 1 Crore in 1 month would be a good option. OR

1 Lakh to 5 crores in 5 months is OK

But,

1 Lakh in 4.5 crores in 5 months is something odd.

I have apprehensions that you might have made it like it.

Please share it here.
On paper making 4.5 crore in 5 months from 1 lakh appears OK,
but in reality making 4.5 lakhs is tough.

sudoku1

On paper making 4.5 crore in 5 months from 1 lakh appears OK,
but in reality making 4.5 lakhs is tough.
yes....like what OBAMA had said....
" Al Qaeda is still a threat. We cannot pretend somehow that because Barack Hussein Obama got elected as president, suddenly everything is going to be OK. ";)