Zerodha - Number One Discount Broker in India

This was a case of sudden exponential spike in load, this happened across various brokerages and also a few financial sites which crashed for a bit. For now we have added additional servers over the weekend to ensure we are ready if an event like this repeats.

We are also building a separate new data center at Chennai for redundancy (probably only 2 or 3 other brokers in India have it). As soon as it is up, half of our clients will connect from this center. This will also act as a live backup.
In the recent incident you said that main connection as well as the backup had crashed. What are the chances that the other backups won't crash simultaneously ?

okabira

@ zerodha and others

my friend doesnt have traderji acc .. he wants to clarify on this ....

I have 15 days remaining for 60 day challenge(equities) .. I wont be able to trade untill 15 jan 2017 due to some reasons.. What will Happen to the challenge ...??? As the year changes , will it reset itself back to 60 days ? should I finish my remaining days of the challenge before 31 dec 2016 or I can carry forward my trading after 15 Jan 2017 with challenge completion ?? Need reply .!!!!

Thanks

@ zerodha and others

I have 15 days remaining for 60 day challenge(equities) .. I wont be able to trade untill 15 jan 2017 due to some reasons.. What will Happen to the challenge ...??? As the year changes , will it reset itself back to 60 days ? should I finish my remaining days of the challenge before 31 dec 2016 or I can carry forward my trading after 15 Jan 2017 with challenge completion ??

Need reply ASAP if possible any one .

Thanks
15 Days remaining means the next 15 trading days whether u trade or no.
I want to know from Z, when do they send the email and the brokerage refund, in how many days??

okabira

15 Days remaining means the next 15 trading days whether u trade or no.
Yes i know that .. what i am asking is that will the 15 days be remaining evenafter year change if i dont trade or it will reset itself to 60 days again..
Thanks

This was a case of sudden exponential spike in load, this happened across various brokerages and also a few financial sites which crashed for a bit. For now we have added additional servers over the weekend to ensure we are ready if an event like this repeats.

We are also building a separate new data center at Chennai for redundancy (probably only 2 or 3 other brokers in India have it). As soon as it is up, half of our clients will connect from this center. This will also act as a live backup.
Dear Zerodha,

As I mentioned in my past post, Scalability in Network technology
is most essential and mandatory feature now-a-day, Even railways
booking site are upgraded and working fine which facing spike over
spike most of the day.

Gateway timeout is happening in all news days which is not good sign
of stable platform. Please look in to this matter since you can find
modest appreciation, comment and complaints here.

Need a Stable Platform before having most featured platform
No offense ;):D