Zerodha - Number One Discount Broker in India

Aman1

Ok Got it. But unfortunately I get a message in Pi that BO not enabled for MCX.

If this is the case this is very unfortunate as I only trade on MCX.

Zerodha how can you do this for those who trade on MCX. After all a customer is a customer. Or is it that MCX donot allow BO?

Ok Got it. But unfortunately I get a message in Pi that BO not enabled for MCX.

If this is the case this is very unfortunate as I only trade on MCX.

Zerodha how can you do this for those who trade on MCX. After all a customer is a customer. Or is it that MCX donot allow BO?
I think MCX exchange itself doesn't allow bracket orders.

TraderRavi

low risk profile
Sebi refuses to set a minimum fee for discount brokerages

The capital markets regulator has declined to set a minimum fee to be charged by discount brokerages, ignoring a request by larger firms that are facing increased competition at a time when retail investors’ interest in the markets has picked up.
The Securities and Exchange Board of India (Sebi) is not keen on interfering in the ongoing tussle over low charges between discount brokerages and their full-service counterparts, said two people familiar with the matter.
Last month, the BSE Brokers Forum, an association of member brokers of BSE Ltd, wrote to Sebi asking the regulator to specify a minimum rate of brokerage for the entire industry.
“The fast gaining popularity of discount brokerages is making it difficult for large players to hold on to their clients and that is the root cause of this matter. While the issue is not yet closed, the regulator has clearly hinted that brokerage rates should be a function of competition and market forces,” said the first person cited above, the head of a brokerage who was part of the discussions. He did not want to be identified as a decision is yet to be taken.
Discount brokerages charge their customers a flat fee in the range of Rs.20 to Rs.30 per transaction irrespective of the trade value. Full-service brokerages charge a certain percentage of the trade value as brokerage. The regulations cap the maximum brokerage at 2.5%, without specifying any lower limit.

http://www.livemint.com/Money/fGc6m...et-a-minimum-fee-for-discount-brokerages.html

NJ23

Can anyone help me fix the issue of multiple orders being fired every second from AmiBroker to Pi?
Here's the AFL I'm using:

RequestTimedRefresh( 1 );

/////Parameters/////

ClientId = ParamStr("Client Id","000000");
TrdSymbol = ParamStr("Trading Symbol","NIFTY15MAYFUT");
Symbol = ParamStr("Symbol","NIFTY");
Strategy = ParamStr("Strategy","My AFL");
Qty = NumToStr(Lots,1.2);
Exch =ParamList("Select Exch", "NFO|BFO|NSE|BSE|CDS|MCX", 0 );
PType = ParamList("Product Type", "MIS|NRML|CNC", 0 );
OType = ParamList("Order Type", "L|MKT|SL|SL-M", 1 );

/////Prices/////

BuyP = NumToStr(LastValue(ValueWhen(Buy,C),1),1.5);
ShortP = NumToStr(LastValue(ValueWhen(Short,C),1),1.5);
SellP = NumToStr(LastValue(ValueWhen(Sell,C),1),1.5);
CoverP = NumToStr(LastValue(ValueWhen(Cover,C),1),1.5);

brd=Null;
if(IsNull(brd))
{
brd = CreateStaticObject("pibridge.Bridge");
if(!brd.GetConnectionStatus()) brd.Reconnect();
IIf(Buy,brd.PlaceOrder(Exch, TrdSymbol, Symbol, Strategy, 1, Qty, Qty, BuyP, BuyP,OType,PType, ClientId,"Day"),Null);
IIf(Sell,brd.PlaceOrder (Exch, TrdSymbol,Symbol,Strategy, 2,Qty,Qty, SellP, SellP, OType,PType, ClientId,"Day"),Null);
IIf(Cover,brd.PlaceOrder (Exch, TrdSymbol,Symbol,Strategy, 1,Qty,Qty, CoverP, CoverP, OType, PType, ClientId,"Day"),Null);
IIf(Short,brd.PlaceOrder (Exch, TrdSymbol,Symbol,Strategy, 2,Qty,Qty, ShortP, ShortP, OType,PType, ClientId,"Day"),Null);
}
The Lots variable comes from the strategy AFL.

Here's a Screenshot as well:

Last edited: