Zerodha - Number One Discount Broker in India

Zerodha

Still PI chart data not match with market watch data like today high of ULTRACEMCO is different in chart and market watch.
I think this was discussed on Zconnect

Most(all) trading platforms in India plot the chart after it is recorded on the marketwatch. So technically the chart is always lagging the real market.

To fix this, we have a separate data streaming server. So while quotes are being streamed to Marketwatch, it is also being streamed to the charts. So in terms of speed of updates on chart, Pi must be close to the top if not already there.

Why you might have seen a different tick on Marketwatch and on Chart, because it is being streamed separately, ticks captured on marketwatch and chart might be different. Remember, there could be 100 ticks in a second, but what shows up is only one. Check this. http://tradingqna.com/8843/technical-charts-google-finance-yahoo-finance-amibroker-match

columbus

Market watch gives LTP (Last Traded Price) ,that means a trade has taken place
but on Chart a continuous display is shown.That is the main reason why chart disagrees
with market watch on many occasions.But once HIGH or LOW are recorded
there should be NO AMBIGUITY.

TracerBullet

Still need many things before i can switch to pi.
Below are some that i would like to have. Not all things are completely necessary and maybe you can come up with better approaches.
Have high expectations since zerodha said this will be a world class platform.

Ordering
1) Cannot change price after ordering from chart, Preferably also allow changing order type
2) Allow SL-Limit order from chart. Give option to specify allowed slippage points for SL-limit orders (instead of manual add/subtract everytime)
3) Option to set default number of lots
4) Option to move Orders using chart to trail SL, Perhaps by drawing B/S symbol and allow moving it. Confirmation on move, that also allows editing order details

Charting
1) Load drawings on startup. I dont want to save charts, workspace etc - just keep same state as it was on close. Also save workspace does not remember last saved location. I dont save in desktop folder.
View Menu Options, it seems are not saved. It reset for me after restart.
Dont ask to save market watch everytime, only if there are changes.
2) Multiple Timeframes Drawing - If i draw something in 30 min chart i want to see it in 3 min chart too. In amibroker we can easily (and fastly) do this in same tab. Even if we need to open multiple tabs in pi, atleast have option to keep drawings same in all timeframes
3) Allow undo of last drawing changes using cntrl-Z
4) Scrolling - Scroll Bar for faster scrolling. PageUp/PageDown for quick scrolling, End to quickly move to end
5) Zoom - Have a configurable normal zoom button to quickly go to default zoom
6) More configurable Toolbar.I should be able to add any option from Menu in toolbar and remove any things i dont want. I dont need most of the things and in amibroker i am able to put whatever i want in one line
7) Allow editing Text symbol, line coordinates etc
8) Seperator line between days
9) Volume Chart - show green/red candles?
10) Popout Window - Option to see drawing tools in popped out window itself. Otherwise with multiple monitor have to move cursor from one monitor to other many times if i want to draw few lines.
Allow Popout window automatically on selectin tab and dragging it outside tab bar( or just have a shortcut for popout )
11) Option to view Premium in Nifty chart would be nice to have, i use it in amibroker to quickly get approximate position of Nifty while viewing Future chart. Being able to customize header in Amibroker is very nice.
12) Show Candle Details on mouse hover with 1/2s delay. Or better show O/H/L/C/V/time of candle on top chart header and also include price at mouse position

General
1) Splash screen is always on top and blocks any other application.
2) Adding Link to excel using RTD, will allow many of us to switch to pi even if charting is not good enough yet
3) Bug - View Quicky Order is shown selected in menu after we close it using cross button
4) Documentation/ Examples for scripting

Market watch gives LTP (Last Traded Price) ,that means a trade has taken place
but on Chart a continuous display is shown.That is the main reason why chart disagrees
with market watch on many occasions.But once HIGH or LOW are recorded
there should be NO AMBIGUITY.
High and low is a function of streamed prices. If a price updated in marketwatch is missed in chart (or vice versa), there will be differences. It seems to me that this is the case for Every tool for intraday prices. For Daily charts, i guess you are right and everyone should match

Last edited:
What is the function of Amibroker plugin? Is it available right now? Can I use it to draw charts on Amibroker using Pi data? Unfortunately otherwise Pi still does not seem ready...and I trade with zero indicators. Scrolling and zooming is still a pain. If you do a lot of zooming in/out and scrolling, be ready for carpal tunnel. Still no crosshair, still no provision to place the horizontal line on a specific Y-value. No change of day indicator. None of my suggestion seem to be there. :gun2:

Jai Mata Di

Maximum indicator on a chart is only 8!

Why maximum indicator on a chart is only 8 and it is counting every EMA/MA on it? Running out of options.
Still Pi is not useful, as not able to add all required EMAs, MAs on chart. It is just like restricting number of script on a Market Watch to 8. :lol:

I hope there will not be any limitation on maximum indicators on a chart on final version of Pi. :)

Big thanks to Zerodha as Pi is with corrected data. And this final beta version is much stable and faster than previous one too. :thumb:

Best Wishes & Happy Trading.

H.C.

Re: Maximum indicator on a chart is only 8!

Why maximum indicator on a chart is only 8 and it is counting every EMA/MA on it? Running out of options.
Still Pi is not useful, as not able to add all required EMAs, MAs on chart. It is just like restricting number of script on a Market Watch to 8. :lol:

I hope there will not be any limitation on maximum indicators on a chart on final version of Pi. :)
Seems that the strategies like Guppy's MA and Columbus's EMA strip will face problems.

Jai Mata Di

Re: Maximum indicator on a chart is only 8!

Seems that the strategies like Guppy's MA and Columbus's EMA strip will face problems.
I used to have Ema strip, Stochastic strip, RSI strip :D within same window. All major charting software like Ami, Metastock enable us to use same indicators(by drag & drop) with different values within same indicator window like my stochastic strip below. :p

Zerodha must not limit maximum indicators on a Chart like Ami/Meta.
We must have different formatting options like Bold, Thick, Dashed lines and able to change both line coloures(now we can change only main line color without any formatting options on Pi which is big inconvenience to get customized strips). Zerodha can do it easily by just adding all formatting options on both lines like previous Nest Plus Charts. :)

Best Wishes & Happy Trading.

H.C.

Last edited: