Zerodha - Number One Discount Broker in India

LivetoTrade

Yep, we have started giving out.
I had asked earlier too, but did not get a reply.

Indicators : Can these be customized, or are the fixed? Fibo for example, can we add custom levels too?

Jai Mata Di

Guys, good news is that we have gotten the NSE approvals and hoping that other exchanges happen in the next 1 to 2 weeks.
What about 'other exchanges' approval? Have you got it? :)

Best Wishes.

H.C.

Thanks for that.

My concern is on three points

1. Is the data feed correct and consistent on daily basis?
2. Do you get backfill?
3. How many days of history do you get(EOD and IEOD)?.

Would appreciate if you would address the above concern.
Your concern shouldn't be of a concern to you...:D

The thing is Nest too had enough back fill on daily if you applied the date range in the plus historical chart....

In anyway catering to your question, I applied a 4000 bar history with a 5 minutes interval and the chart's first candle was dated 18th June 2014.... That is for the 5 minutes interval.

I guess backfill on the hourly and daily should be enough to make you a millionaire....:)....

And about the accuracy, I do not compare two charts from different sources or compare Zerodha's with NSE either.. There are technical aspects that get involved like latency of the connection and the server's location which cause the delay or any sort of discrepancy relatively. What we should understand is we trade with whats in front of our eyes, the rates that pop on our terminal.

For example, if we place an order with price 100 and trigger also 100 and when the candle on the chart reaches 100, if the order gets executed, that is enough because if the feeds aren't accurate, I am sure the order wont be executed because our limit order never gets its price.
And Zerodha's feeds have been good enough. I guess the feeds are from Omnesys and Omnesys is the one that is used by most other brokers, so chance of any discrepancy is minimum to zero....

And by the way, the platform has been smooth on my other desktop... Was working with commodity charts, did not trade on it but kept loading multiple charts to test it....No problem at all which points to it being a little resource demanding (considering its performance on my other comp) but what the hell, when it makes money, why do we worry about money....:D

Zerodha....Kudos...:)

Last edited:
Your concern shouldn't be of a concern to you...:D

The thing is Nest too had enough back fill on daily if you applied the date range in the plus historical chart....

In anyway catering to your question, I applied a 4000 bar history with a 5 minutes interval and the chart's first candle was dated 18th June 2014.... That is for the 5 minutes interval.

I guess backfill on the hourly and daily should be enough to make you a millionaire....:)....

And about the accuracy, I do not compare two charts from different sources or compare Zerodha's with NSE either.. There are technical aspects that get involved like latency of the connection and the server's location which cause the delay or any sort of discrepancy relatively. What we should understand is we trade with whats in front of our eyes, the rates that pop on our terminal.

For example, if we place an order with price 100 and trigger also 100 and when the candle on the chart reaches 100, if the order gets executed, that is enough because if the feeds aren't accurate, I am sure the order wont be executed because our limit order never gets its price.
And Zerodha's feeds have been good enough. I guess the feeds are from Omnesys and Omnesys is the one that is used by most other brokers, so chance of any discrepancy is minimum to zero....

And by the way, the platform has been smooth on my other desktop... Was working with commodity charts, did not trade on it but kept loading multiple charts to test it....No problem at all which points to it being a little resource demanding (considering its performance on my other comp) but what the hell, when it makes money, why do we worry about money....:D

Zerodha....Kudos...:)
Thanks for the reply.

My concern was whether the OHLC of daily candles match with NSE. tick by tick or minute data discrepancies are fine every now and then.

So far looks promising.

Making trailing SL as 2 ticks or 4 ticks is a backend issue and not a front end. if there are 1000 orders with 2 ticks TSL, every 2 seconds there will be 1000 new orders. That is just too much load for the system to take.
But it can be variable depending on the scrip price. 20 ticks is ok for nifty/banknifty/higher priced stocks. Most of the F&O are priced less than 1000rs, only about 45 scrips are over Rs. 1000. So, for the lower priced scrips 20 ticks may be too much.

The software can define the minimum/maximum ticks when the user enters the price. The minimum can be variable depending on the price and the software can give out the messages for the square off value/SL/TSL value on mouseover. If we assume an intraday timeframe of 5 min, then the ATR of that scrip can help decide the minimum number of ticks, or a percentage of the price.

You will enable a much wider field to the users with this. At present one would be afraid to put a SL of, say, 30 ticks in a scrip like Union Bank or Rcom because it would mean a loss of Rs. 3000 + costs, on a capital of about Rs. 7000 (using Bracket orders).

Please consider this seriously.