Zerodha - Number One Discount Broker in India

Got the problem. I use 2 monitors. When starting up , Nest starts on monitor 1, but after being minimized, the next maximize goes to monitor 2. :confused:
Monitor 2 was off so i thought it wasn't maximizing. Actually it was, but on a different monitor. :p

From what I could get reading through previous pages is that in the new BO there would be a provision to generate report as required for tax-filing purposes....could you just reconfirm....It would definitely help a lot many people....Let me congratulate Zerodha for reducing the transaction charges in Futures from a high of 490/crore to a reasonable 250/crore.....what many people could not do you were forced to do because of the competion ..anyway happy for that....keep up the good work....:thumb:

The money will go back to the bank account and after that it will depend on the nominee on the bank account.
IS IT REALLY TRUE ?
I think, it is partially true. Un-utilised Money (should be back after 3 month) never back to bank A/C, rather it is utilised by you to buy some ETF without any concent of nominee. Am I right Zerodha ?

Zerodha

IS IT REALLY TRUE ?
I think, it is partially true. Un-utilised Money (should be back after 3 month) never back to bank A/C, rather it is utilised by you to buy some ETF without any concent of nominee. Am I right Zerodha ?
If any portion of your money is idle,we would ask at the end of 3 months if money has to be transferred back to the bank account. There are many traders who don't want it back to the bank account for many reasons which can cause them inconvenience, from not having online fund transfer facility, to accounting for taxation, to charges of transferring money back.
So if the trader/investor authorizes it is invested into liquid bees (it is like a short term FD, with guaranteed returns) to avoid the inconvenience of withdrawing. There are no charges for this trade (zero brokerage, zero STT, Zero transaction charges) and value of liquidbees never really goes down, it stays at the same level.
But if we don't get the authorization, it goes back to the bank account and then the money is given out to the nominees by the bank.

I would like to chip in here. Note i do not work for Zerodha or any firm here before i make below points.

Zerodha started in somewhere around 2010 and they will take their time to build from ground up . you cannot compare sharekhan to Zerodha. Sharekhan started in 2000, they have a lead of over 10 years , so obviously they have to give out better services and products if they are are survive in this business.

I say let Zerodha take their time when it comes to software & technology. coming a software background, i can tell you this time to market is complete bullshit , it is short term thinking and will only cause customer dissatisfaction in the long run.

Like me many are doing their business with Zerodha so we expect them to do better , but doing better does not mean coming out hastily with crappy product and services.So let Zerodha take their time to come out with solid products, as it takes time as per their capabilities and resources, they know best. I have been on the both sides of the software industry , so i know when a customer is wrong and when he is right.

Zerodha has just started the brokerage business , they will need to improve a lot on the technology front. Not an easy task if you are new. There are certainly areas where they need to improve and focus on like customer services and technology ,since these two will be the key drivers for their business going forward.

So hopefully, we will see some good reliable products and better service in the coming years.....
I have traded with India Bulls, then IL&FS, then ICICI which I am still doing. Back Office reports where never satisfactory with any of these. The reason are many. I may require a report in one format and other person may like it in another format. A software vendor cannot satisfy all the customers. Believe me on this. I have designed and implemented many softwares and creating reports is a great task and yet simple too.

I have just opened a trading acc with zerodha but has not started to trade since there is prob with opening demat acc.

As such Nest platform is not the best. I would say smarttrader of ILFS was the best, but it is not available, unfortunately. There is not point in comparing percentage brokerages like sharekhan with discount brokers like zerodha. I would say zerodha is trying their best under the circumstances.

I usually ask my clients to create a excel sheet with the data they require in the format they require and create a similar report which other customers may also find useful, exporting to excel. This has worked well. So I would suggest to create a report the way you want it and send to zerodha. It will give them an idea what you need.

Provide them with good suggestions and from what saw through their various efforts like z-connet, tradeqa.com and even this forum, they shall do their best.