Zerodha - Number One Discount Broker in India

Re: NEST plus chart

@Zerodha

If I am watching chart on NEST on 5min TF, after 5 min ,a new candle should appear.
It is not doing so_Only to last candle ,the changes getting added up.what to do?Thanks.
I am also facing same problem with intraday chart of one minute interval as well five minutes. Today it was my first time and DLF's and RCOM also one minute candle remained same for 10 minutes no new candles. Anyway it's good enough to figure out the exit and entry signals. ;)

Last edited:
Here's what these things mean:

Unrealised MtoM Present
This column signifies the profit or loss which is not yet booked and will be realised once the position is closed.

Margin Used
It gives you information of the total cash used to hold that position at that particular point of time.

Note that none of the brokerage or transaction charges are included in the Admin Positions window.
So how do I book the profit? I had placed the cover order and squared off as was told in the article on Z-Connect by clicking exit in Order Book. There are no current open positions.:confused:

Zerodha

Hello Zerodha,

I m asking this in all the threads of top discount brokers.
If u have a little bit of time can u go through this thread
http://www.traderji.com/brokers-trading-platforms/89681-discount-broker-comparision-4.html
A member has dissected and done a complete post mortem of discount brokers,
i would like to have ur view on this.Can u reply ?
Ur company is in the top discount brokers discussion right now?
Ur company is the pioneer of this type of trading,Amount per order.
U were the first one to introduce this .
i would like to have a brokers reply to this type of post mortem?
can u do that ??
Tricky to give a view on this, but have to agree with a few things he has mentioned on that post especially when it comes to networth and deposit requirements to become member on the exchange.

In today's world 50lks 1crore etc doesn't really have that much of a value. Guess the networth and deposit requirements with the exchange should be atleast around 10 crores.

As far as our business goes, we have been able to scale up pretty fast. The last financial year, probably our net profits from brokerage would have been in the range of what a lot of big listed names would have earned. But do note that today for most big players, brokerage income is less than 20% of total income and last few years have been bad times for brokerage industry.

We are working very hard to move away from only reducing prices to being able to do something to ensure client profitability. The problem with this business is that for every 10 clients you add, only 1 survives 6 months. So it is like you climb 10 steps and then realize you are back down to where you began. This problem is common among the brokerage business.

What we as a business are trying to do now is focussing on how to ensure that those 10 clients don't become 1, but get all the 10 to trade profitably. That would be a win - win situation for everyone. The 60 day challenge, zconnect, algoZ etc were just baby steps. We will hopefully have some big announcements on this side over the next few months.

But a lot of what that guy has written, hmmm very sensitive topics and can't really reply to everything as Zerodha. What I can tell though is that today we as Zerodha have gotten interest from international brokerages to buy a stake in us and a lot of pedigree VC's lined up for partnering as well after performing due diligence. We as a business have been very clear that we don't need funds, but if there is a strategic investor who can bring in some kick ass technology we would partner.

Zerodha

So how do I book the profit? I had placed the cover order and squared off as was told in the article on Z-Connect by clicking exit in Order Book. There are no current open positions.:confused:
Confused on what you are asking for. You buy using cover order and then exit from the order book clicking exit.

You have bought and exited by selling, so you have already booked your profit/loss and hence no current open position.

Confused on what you are asking for. You buy using cover order and then exit from the order book clicking exit.

You have bought and exited by selling, so you have already booked your profit/loss and hence no current open position.
I have figured it now. :)

As my first day trading with Zerodha I must say Zerodha you're the best :clap: in terms of service.You people really deserve some props.

Last edited:

poortrader

Tricky to give a view on this, but have to agree with a few things he has mentioned on that post especially when it comes to networth and deposit requirements to become member on the exchange.

In today's world 50lks 1crore etc doesn't really have that much of a value. Guess the networth and deposit requirements with the exchange should be atleast around 10 crores.

As far as our business goes, we have been able to scale up pretty fast. The last financial year, probably our net profits from brokerage would have been in the range of what a lot of big listed names would have earned. But do note that today for most big players, brokerage income is less than 20% of total income and last few years have been bad times for brokerage industry.

We are working very hard to move away from only reducing prices to being able to do something to ensure client profitability. The problem with this business is that for every 10 clients you add, only 1 survives 6 months. So it is like you climb 10 steps and then realize you are back down to where you began. This problem is common among the brokerage business.

What we as a business are trying to do now is focussing on how to ensure that those 10 clients don't become 1, but get all the 10 to trade profitably. That would be a win - win situation for everyone. The 60 day challenge, zconnect, algoZ etc were just baby steps. We will hopefully have some big announcements on this side over the next few months.

But a lot of what that guy has written, hmmm very sensitive topics and can't really reply to everything as Zerodha. What I can tell though is that today we as Zerodha have gotten interest from international brokerages to buy a stake in us and a lot of pedigree VC's lined up for partnering as well after performing due diligence. We as a business have been very clear that we don't need funds, but if there is a strategic investor who can bring in some kick ass technology we would partner.
I think one of the main concerns is whether brokers can run away with client's money in case of default etc. Most readers were concerned with this statement of Mr creep. Throw some light on this.

Is there a time period in which we have to inform SEBI in case of default. And what is the process for that?

Trader J

I think one of the main concerns is whether brokers can run away with client's money in case of default etc. Most readers were concerned with this statement of Mr creep. Throw some light on this.

Is there a time period in which we have to inform SEBI in case of default. And what is the process for that?
Dear Zerodha,

No one can withdraw the money which transfered from client account to Zerodha account, the only way is back to transfer client account, Is it true ? Please reply.

TracerBullet

Re: NEST plus chart

@Zerodha

I am also facing same problem with intraday chart of one minute interval as well five minutes. Today it was my first time and DLF's and RCOM also one minute candle remained same for 10 minutes no new candles. Anyway it's good enough to figure out the exit and entry signals. ;)
@zerodha

1:

Also get this issue few times a week.
The chart stops showing new candles and continues to update the last candle.
Once this happens All charts stop adding candles.
Only workaround i have is to restart ZT.

Is there a way to reset /refresh the chart so that it downloads/redraw the candles properly

2 :
I am a newbie. Is it possible to save the charts (+drawings etc) on exit so that they reppear next time i login? (or atleast reappear on a button click)
Similar to say how market watch saves the list.

Its a minor annoyance but bugs like the 'no new candle issue' will be more tolerable.