Zerodha - Number One Discount Broker in India

LivetoTrade

Last edited:

Gandhar.

I think margin required for this is around 10L, wonder how many retail can do it :confused:
from their site
Lot size: Yet to be announced.
Symbol: INDIAVIX
Tick size: India VIX will be calculated up to 4 decimals with a tick size of Rs 0.0025 (for example, India VIX today is 17.0025)
Quotation price: India VIX * 100 (multiples of 100). If a trader wants to buy or sell contracts of India VIX futures at 18.1475, then the price that shall be be quoted would be Rs.1814.75. (My guess is that the lot size would be around 600, as the suggested contract value is around Rs 10 lakhs)
Trading hours: 9.15 AM to 3.30 PM
Expiry Day: Tuesday (Every Week)
Contract Cycle: 3 weekly contracts
Final Settlement price: Closing Price of the underlying India VIX index
Final Settlement procedure: Cash
Margin: Initial Margin of 9% + Exposure Margin of 5% = 14% of the contract value

manishchan

Those having problems with ZT, why not go back to NOW.

I never used ZT, happy with now.. working good...
how to do that? pls tell
I recently switched to NOW. I can tell you from 3-4 days of experience that this is no better than ZT. The same problem exists in NOW too but not as frequent. NOW has another irritating problem. If there is internet disconnection and you refresh/reconcile, the data go missing. You have to lot out and re-login.

rkripal

I recently switched to NOW. I can tell you from 3-4 days of experience that this is no better than ZT. The same problem exists in NOW too but not as frequent. NOW has another irritating problem. If there is internet disconnection and you refresh/reconcile, the data go missing. You have to lot out and re-login.
There is no need to re-login. just close order/position window, reconcile, open window again, refresh..

manishchan

There is no need to re-login. just close order/position window, reconcile, open window again, refresh..
Are u saying close watchwindow and reopen ? By data missing, i meant... if you have a chart open and there is powercut let say between 10-11.. the next candle after 10 on the chart shows from 11. To get the rest i hv to log out and relogin.. Let me know if there is any other trick

Zerodha, apologies for blaming you, and sincere thanks too.

I did the ping exercise and do find that issues are related to my ISP.

Happened thrice today already.

I use Airtel broadband 8mbps line.

pic attached for other members.
Hi,

To avoid or reduce that ' request timed out ' I clone my laptop's MAC to the wireless router.Still it hangs and responds in an erratic way.Same thing with my 21mbps LTE and with wired media too.Can you post what happened exactly to ZT when those ACK/SYN packets dropped?

rkripal

Are u saying close watchwindow and reopen ? By data missing, i meant... if you have a chart open and there is powercut let say between 10-11.. the next candle after 10 on the chart shows from 11. To get the rest i hv to log out and relogin.. Let me know if there is any other trick
I dont know about chart window as i dont use NOW charts, trading professionaly, u can not rely on NOW charts for several reasons

I am talking about trade data windows... like order/execution/trades..

manishchan

I dont know about chart window as i dont use NOW charts, trading professionaly, u can not rely on NOW charts for several reasons

I am talking about trade data windows... like order/execution/trades..
What chart service do u use ? Just curious becoz i have tried a few and all seem to have more or less lag problem