Zerodha - Number One Discount Broker in India

While emailing an invoice for each charge may not be feasible, we're working on a solution where you'll be able to download these invoices whenever needed. Saw your post a couple of days ago but refrained from responding until we decided to make this happen.
At present the only invoice that I have seen is the contract note; and it only contains the entries for trades.

Hopefully you will make good on your word about making the bills happen, because I will need them soon for my ledger.

Speaking of ledger, how come some other brokers are able to update the ledger for EQ by 5:30pm, FO by 6:30 pm ?? The contract note comes later at night, but the ledger seems to be updated through a JV or something. But at least the customer doesn't have to wait for it, as with you (where the ledger is updated after 10pm or so)

Zerodha

Speaking of ledger, how come some other brokers are able to update the ledger for EQ by 5:30pm, FO by 6:30 pm ?? The contract note comes later at night, but the ledger seems to be updated through a JV or something. But at least the customer doesn't have to wait for it, as with you (where the ledger is updated after 10pm or so)
So far, we've depended on a vendor product for our backoffice. This system has a lot of limitations we couldn't foresee all those years ago when we started using it. Also, at our scale, this isn't feasible. We're moving to our own backoffice soon (have been building this for over a year). This should fix all these.

Hello Zerodha,
I dont understand why are you wasting your time on introducing UPI based fund transactions and testing it for 6 months. UPI based transactions dont work well most of the times. Even today I met one of the managers in the Bank and he himself tried that option by transfering money and money didnt get transfered and struggle to get the transfer done.
Banks already have NEFT,RTGS,IMPS, instead of simply negotiating deal with banks to make zero transfer charges for using these transactions, why are you complicating things. To transfer ones own fund how many IDs one should create and remember them. Instead of making this simple, people are complicating things in the name of introducing new features. Its absolute waste of your time, resource and money and ours time too.
I had an account with Geojit. They have simple fund transfer process-Add fund- it opens netbanking page-enter login,pass,enter amount,submit. Thats it. In a fractions of second funds get credited and no charges by bank or broker since its netbanking fund transfer system.
Cant you make this simple process?. It would be really a shame if zerodha cant, when other broker is able to do it.

We've stopped support for NEST Plus beyond version 3.11. However, since you're already using it, please PM us your client ID. Will have someone call you and have this fixed.

P.S. If you are a programmer, you can check out Kite Connect as a more flexible alternative.
Thank you very much for extending your generous individual support for me which you could not provide when I wrote at support.zerodha.com. Instead of finding an excuse, hope, you will to do the same or at-least bother to take responsibility when your server crashes causing your customers lose shirt on profitable trades. Which BTW happens to be the sole reason for not using Kite/Kite3 or Pi.

After bit of brainstorming and tweaking was able to resolve the NEST+ issues which I was facing with your ZT Nest 3.14 and hereby giving the link to download the NEST+ files that are needed to be copy-pasted onto C:\Program Files or wherever Omnesys\NEST3 folder lies.

Kindly CLICK HERE to download the files for your validation and if found suitable or feasible would request to please release a new Bulletin with the new Nest+ files for Nest 3.14 such that any other poor soul like me won't have to scratch his head off for more than 13 hours.

Thank you!

P.S. Also in future if you are updating any of your platform(s), please provide support for the same such that the poor outdated losers (beg your pardon - clients) can also get updated.

Zerodha

Hello Zerodha,
I dont understand why are you wasting your time on introducing UPI based fund transactions and testing it for 6 months. UPI based transactions dont work well most of the times. Even today I met one of the managers in the Bank and he himself tried that option by transfering money and money didnt get transfered and struggle to get the transfer done.
Banks already have NEFT,RTGS,IMPS, instead of simply negotiating deal with banks to make zero transfer charges for using these transactions, why are you complicating things. To transfer ones own fund how many IDs one should create and remember them. Instead of making this simple, people are complicating things in the name of introducing new features. Its absolute waste of your time, resource and money and ours time too.
I had an account with Geojit. They have simple fund transfer process-Add fund- it opens netbanking page-enter login,pass,enter amount,submit. Thats it. In a fractions of second funds get credited and no charges by bank or broker since its netbanking fund transfer system.
Cant you make this simple process?. It would be really a shame if zerodha cant, when other broker is able to do it.
This mode of transfer is the same as the payment gateway we offer on our platforms. Payment gateways always come with a cost. With us having zero brokerage on delivery, if we were to absorb this PG cost as well, we'd actually be losing money which isn't feasible in the long run. Hence the UPI option.

This mode of transfer is the same as the payment gateway we offer on our platforms. Payment gateways always come with a cost. With us having zero brokerage on delivery, if we were to absorb this PG cost as well, we'd actually be losing money which isn't feasible in the long run. Hence the UPI option.
Zerodha, I never asked you to bear the payment gateway charges. Instead of making a deal with UPI, you could do the same deal with banks to cancel the charges payment gateway charges

PM and FM are forcing us to use digital transactions and by introducing rules to banks to charge penalty for cash transactions. Atleast if we think lets do digital transactions, banks charges NEFT,RTGS,IMPS. How can PM and FM expect people to use digital transactions when there are charges for digital transactions. Without knowing what is going on around them they simply introduce rules and expect everyone to follow but in the end we ,people suffer.

I really dont understand why none of these discount brokerage houses take up this issue and file a petition to FM and PM to cancel all the digital transactions charges so that it could encourage people to use digital transactions. Instead of that they either charge us 9rs+gst or introducing other services like UPI or NEFT,RTGS,IMPS where banks charge us.Rather than simply solving the problem once and for all ,they introduce new features in their platform like UPI based fund transfer and test it for 6 months. Dont find the temporary solution, try to find the permanent one. If you raise the petition, all the people in this forum will support you and that will be more than enough for the petition to go through.
Come on Zerodha, you already created a revolution in brokerage, do you really think you cant get this done with so much of supporters here and around the country?. We have belief in you.Please you have it in yourself.

Even if you say raising petition is also not possible for you, let me give you another simplest way to solve this issue. Currently you have HDFC bank account to transfer funds via neft /rtgs etc. Is it possible for you to have atleast 2 to 4 accounts (You can add more to help your customers)with top banks like ICICI bank, Axis Bank etc. So that we can just transfer funds with simple funds transfer. Here you dont need to bear any charges and we dont need to pay any charges in the name of fund transfer. Win -Win situation.

Last edited:
1.What is Valuation Line indicator in Kite and how is it interpreted/ used in trading? Why valuation lines change levels after zooming the chart?

2. "Commodity Trading through Zerodha Commodities Pvt. Ltd. MCX: 46025 | NCDEX: 1138 – SEBI Registration no.: INZ000038238"- When will you start offering NCDEX to retail clients?