Zerodha - Number One Discount Broker in India

futures

For others, time to move out of zerodha until the dust settles in or go back to NOW platform within zerodha. I have never moved to Ztrader(nest) or pi or kite and it was all fine yesterday. Please use charting s/w (like Ami) separately.
1. What is so difficult in moving back to NOW? Agree that we dont get the extra leverage to trade intraday(MIS..but still some intra leverage is available even in NOW) but isn't the reason(extra leverage) why so many traders fail? So, why run behind extra leverage when we know that its a path to self-destruction?

2. Not many traders trade commodity to stick with NEST..so, that cannot be the reason.

3. Come on guys - think about it. Either move to NOW or move out of Zerodha. If we move out of Zerodha, most of the discount brokers have only NEST anyways. As the number of users are less for them, we might not see frequent disconnections in NEST there..am not sure...

4. So, still the big question remains unanswered. Why stick with NEST platform (and its many variations) when there is a stable platform NOW? Maybe we like to lose and want to play the victim role...maybe :(

what will happen
1. if we don't transfer the duplicate amount 3.8 lacs

2. How the system process another 3.8 lacs , when the net balance reaches 0?

3. if the withdrawal req was 1 crore-

due to software glitch- they will transfer 2 crores?

:lol::confused:
1. They would not have transferred that duplicate 3.8 lacs to my bank account if i dint have 3.8 lacs to be transferred from my trading account(in the first place). They are not insane to transfer money that is not available in the trading account. :) (even though i would love a software glitch like that...but never experienced a pleasant surprise here or anywhere else..still waiting)

2. In my case, net balance in the trading account was not zero...it was well more than 3.8 lacs..so, system processed the duplicate request as well. But, if my balance went below 3.8 lacs in my trading account after the original transfer, am sure i would not have even posted my 'cribbing' post at all :lol:

3. Only if you have more than 1 crore left in your trading account after the 1st transfer.

Last edited:
Really sorry about this, the last few months with our old backoffice vendor based platform has been a nightmare for us. We couldn't move out of it in between a financial year as well (technical limitation). Yesterday/today we are replacing a big piece of the old BO with our in house bit. Not the front end, but the backend.

You'd see the improvement in a few hours from now once the new bit goes live. In the next few weeks, we would have replaced the entire old backoffice. Once done, we will be able to dish out all the front end features for Q that have been held back because of this vendor issue.

I know as a client, you'd not want any excuses from us. So regret the inconvenience. Everything we do as a business from Varsity to coin to education videos to working on new platforms always is done keeping our clients interest in mind.

About the lady who answered the call, if you can PM your contact number/client ID, we will find out who and take action.
Thanks for coming out and explaining the situation but the damage has been done. I have officially made a request to close my account and waiting for the money to come to my bank account. W.r.t the woman service rep, i can PM you her name but reprimanding her is not gonna help the cause. As someone said, it is a good idea to call for a meeting with your service reps and inform them about basic etiquette of customer service. Just merely asking 'anything else?' will not cut it.

Zerodha

I understand that at a time I can login into 1 of ZT or Pi or Kite. Is there a way that I can login into 2 of these (will trade into 1 only). Thanks
Monday blues, damn the frozen terminal, 4m in opening and still not updating charts properly.
Going by the state of the terminal, maybe Zerodha suffered heavy losses this year :D
hi,

same prob again...frozen terminal after login.

hav u guys seen the you tube videos of fyers terminal?...saw them yest and was amazed...seemed to be as good as or even better than trade tiger.

the founder tejas khoday was formerly at zerodha. brokerage is .01% or 100/- whichever is lower. they should increase margin and lower brokerage.

what impressed me id fyers one, their terminal...it is world class...all info on right click. it has global indices (slightly delayed), all sector indices and all info you need to trade. the charts are neat and well presented. See the videos on you tube and comment here.

once they get funding from some VC, i think the brokerage and margin requirements will go down.

thanx,
newbie_7
When the whole word is busy trading I'm struggling with Login. Almost for more than 90min I'm trying to login but facing frozen terminal.
Worst way to start a week. Frustrating.
Transferred funds to zerodha at 9am. At 9:17 received sms that my fund has been received and updated. But actually it is not. The fund is not updated in under 'payin'. Called up zerodha several times, no one is picking up the phone. Mailed them, no reply, even no acknowledgement mail with ticket number. This is so damn frustrating :(
this is bad, although my kite is working
frozen terminal , frozen backoffice , frozen support
frozen eggs of dynasore found at zerodha office site
Zerodha Since morning PI is not working. kite is working . :(
We had issues with regard to logging in on Pi and NEST for our users today. The issue has been fixed now. The issue was that the data connectivity between our servers and most ISPs was not behaving as expected. We've had this issue resolved since then.

Contra

Transferred funds to zerodha at 9am. At 9:17 received sms that my fund has been received and updated. But actually it is not. The fund is not updated in under 'payin'. Called up zerodha several times, no one is picking up the phone. Mailed them, no reply, even no acknowledgement mail with ticket number. This is so damn frustrating :(
Same thing is happening to me as well. It's irksome when your trading gets stalled because of the broker's incompetence.

Just last week, half of my stock holdings were showing NA (no values). That took a few days to get resolved. Makes you wonder what kind of amateurs are running Zerodha despite being in business for 7 years.

travi

I understand that at a time I can login into 1 of ZT or Pi or Kite. Is there a way that I can login into 2 of these (will trade into 1 only). Thanks
Nope, ppl go for two brokers instead, or open two a/c's in two different names with same broker.

We had issues with regard to logging in on Pi and NEST for our users today. The issue has been fixed now. The issue was that the data connectivity between our servers and most ISPs was not behaving as expected. We've had this issue resolved since then.
hi zerodha,

the issue is not resolved yet. quotes keep stopping and starting intermittently...

advise everyone not to use Pi today...