Zerodha - Number One Discount Broker in India

Zerodha

Dear Zerodha,

I wanted to invest Rs 22,000/- in the BANKNIFTY 20700 PE (put option) on 2-Mar-2017.
The price was less than Rs 2.20 and I wanted to purchase approx 10,000 (250 lots) of the same.

Could you please guide how to go about the same in a single order/trade of Rs 20 per executed order ... Kite throws an error message about invalid order.

The freeze quantity for Bank Nifty is 2500.

comm4300,

never won a challenge before. trading with Z since jul .. but entered the contest only dec. thanks. appreciate your help.

zerodha,

the challenge end date is 2nd Mar but it says 2 days left. is this another quirky back office error.

please confirm.
The estimated challenge end date may be a little off as some holidays may not be taken into account.

Wow. New shiny backoffice home page.

Hey, can you tell us which URL you're seeing this on?

pannet1

The estimated challenge end date may be a little off as some holidays may not be taken into account.
I am not disputing the dates. But when you estimate a challenge date why make a mistake in no of days left. ideal both should sync or why display it in the first place. This means the programming language that you use could not properly make date arithmetic properly. Hope you guys do a great job with your new back office and more things could be in your real control.
Hey, can you tell us which URL you're seeing this on?
Just from kite to backoffice

Zerodha

I am not disputing the dates. But when you estimate a challenge date why make a mistake in no of days left. ideal both should sync or why display it in the first place. This means the programming language that you use could not properly make date arithmetic properly. Hope you guys do a great job with your new back office and more things could be in your real control.

Just from kite to backoffice
The new BO should fix all this.

Yes, I too saw in Kite--> Backoffice around 8:30 am. Still the same position, just checked.
We've fixed the 404 error whenever you go to Q from Kite. Please check it out now.

Re: Zerodha Part 3 - Does Zerodha provide greeks & Options payoff?

Hi,

Lately I have started trading in options very much, but the brokerage is very high with my broker and I'm willing to shift my broker.
I want to know the following:
1) Does Zerodha provide Options Greeks (for individual options and my portfolio) ?
2) Does it have show a payoff graph?
3) If yes for the above, does it have it in the desktop application?

Thanks in advance.

P.S. I searched the web and the forum , I could not find the relevant answers. I did not want to create a new thread as most Zerodha related queries are here. If it is a mistake, I request the mods to change as necessary.

Hello Zerodha,

Please check the BO/CO margin calculator for SBIN futures "Buy" side. The input field for Stoploss changes your input to a higher value than the buy price and gives "Infinityx" error.

It is also giving very hinky values for "Sell" side, leverage of 900x etc.

Hello Zerodha,

Please explain once again how this trailing stoploss thing works.

1) I had placed an order to buy Tatamtrdvr17marfut @285.6, SL 16 ticks, target 62 ticks. (order no. 170307000175576, Exchange order no. 1200000001639724)

2) The order was executed at 10:36:19 and subsequently two orders for SL and target were generated.

3) The SL order (Order No. 170307000193313) had a stoploss trigger of 284.80.

4) The price moved up to 286.6 and retraced to 285.50 in that microsecond.

5) The SL got moved up and got hit at 285.50 (Exchange order no. 1200000001937318)
All this happened in that microsecond of 10:36:19; possible, of course. But the real mystery to me is the movement of SL from 284.80 to 285.80

Does the SL move with every uptick in price after my buy price ?? If so, how come it didn't execute at 285.80 and got squared off at 285.50 ??

Zerodha

Hello Zerodha,

Please check the BO/CO margin calculator for SBIN futures "Buy" side. The input field for Stoploss changes your input to a higher value than the buy price and gives "Infinityx" error.

It is also giving very hinky values for "Sell" side, leverage of 900x etc.
We'll have this checked ASAP.

Hello Zerodha,

Please explain once again how this trailing stoploss thing works.

1) I had placed an order to buy Tatamtrdvr17marfut @285.6, SL 16 ticks, target 62 ticks. (order no. 170307000175576, Exchange order no. 1200000001639724)

2) The order was executed at 10:36:19 and subsequently two orders for SL and target were generated.

3) The SL order (Order No. 170307000193313) had a stoploss trigger of 284.80.

4) The price moved up to 286.6 and retraced to 285.50 in that microsecond.

5) The SL got moved up and got hit at 285.50 (Exchange order no. 1200000001937318)
All this happened in that microsecond of 10:36:19; possible, of course. But the real mystery to me is the movement of SL from 284.80 to 285.80

Does the SL move with every uptick in price after my buy price ?? If so, how come it didn't execute at 285.80 and got squared off at 285.50 ??

Yes, you have a fair idea of how the SL moves. The SL order is essentially an SLM order, and so acts as a market order once the trigger is hit. So, there is a chance of slight slippage.