Zerodha - Number One Discount Broker in India

Travi, see the main issue is there is no detailed manual from Omnisys on Nest Plus API. We are left with no other option than to bother the broker to guide and give information for the products which they have neither created nor they own them.

Yusi has done a great job at http://www.traderji.com/algo-automa...ng-nest-plus-auto-trading-api.html#post810272 and has helped many of us to get clarity on using the Nest Plus API.
Btw Zerodha has its own Api too, which has all the features needed for auto/algo trading from any third party charting software and also through Excel. But it costs 2k pm. Hence if Nest Plus API though gives some lesser features (can code missing features and use it), which cost less than 300 pm will certainly be preferred alternative.

travi

Btw Zerodha has its own Api too, which has all the features needed for auto/algo trading from any third party charting software and also through Excel. But it costs 2k pm. Hence if Nest Plus API though gives some lesser features (can code missing features and use it), which cost less than 300 pm will certainly be preferred alternative.
What you is say is correct, but look at it this way, its Omnesys whose done all the work that actually takes care of everything.

== Just as an example below=== Facts might be different
Type 1: Lets say Sharekhan has enough funds to setup its own IT, Infra and entire trading platform. Therefore, they make rules and they can customize directly in their platforms.

Type 2: Discount brokers
Omnesys has created everything, including years of research etc.
Now Disc brokers start popping up, they don't have time/funds to re-invent the wheel.
On the other hand, Omnesys is willing to resell/rent/whitelabel, teir solution for a fee that broker is willing to pay on a time period basis, say monthly.
Its just like renting a house vs buying one.
== Just as an example above=== Facts might be different

All the underlying API etc will be either linked so it works on NEST etc or Brokers Firms will invest into their platforms like Pi/kite but those API's will be wrapped around the original Omnesys API.
That's why if you see the format of Pi, it's layout maybe different but fields are exact like NEST.

Now, at least its cleat that you need individual API subscriptions if you want to route orders through multiple accounts.
(Just curious, you want to save tax etc, whats the purpose of multi a/c's)

Now, I've not interacted with Omnesys but as you say, difficult to get support(if they even offer) or scoot you to your broker.
Broker also pays Omnesys for API, the extra inr. 300 is their charge for support, maintenance etc

If you can pay support charges etc, then contact Omnesys and get a solution there and continue the NEST API.

Zerodha

Thanks Travi, I have got different response from another member in Algo thread. So if Zerodha replies it will just reaffirm the fact.

Also more so, I was interested to know (which I dont think is possible as per feedback received elsewhere) is the usage of different family members accounts on the same machine and only one Nest Plus API account enabled. Just like presently we are able to login to multiple Nest/ZT accounts on the same machine. So if NEST plus API is enabled only on one account would it be possible to use it OMS of 2,3 etc family accounts simultaneously on the same machine.

Once again just to reiterate, we could post such queries on email or get Zerodha to call us and explain etc etc and address it individually. But if such queries are useful for larger audience/cause then it makes sense to put it here.
Hi. The NEST Plus API would be registered with Zerodha Trader, our offering of NEST. I believe there are slight variations between the versions offered by different brokers, so cross compatibility wouldn't be possible.

Hi Zerodha team,

Kite has become terribly slow. It takes 4 to 5 seconds to update the screen. Even cross-hairs movement on chart takes at least 5 seconds to update.

It is really frustrating to work like this.

Please look into it.

Regards,
Parag
me too facing chart issues , very slow
Hi. No issues as such on our end. Possibly a network connection or ISP level issue.

Hi Zerodha team,

Kite has become terribly slow. It takes 4 to 5 seconds to update the screen. Even cross-hairs movement on chart takes at least 5 seconds to update.

It is really frustrating to work like this.

Please look into it.

Regards,
Parag

me too facing chart issues , very slow
Hi. No issues as such on our end. Possibly a network connection or ISP level issue.
of course !!!!

columbus

is your browser crome?
Already KITE quotes are quite SLOW. Moreover Zerodha is deliberately ,I repeat DELIBERATELY not
implementing 2 simple modifications as suggested.

1. Make provisions to put orders from chart (Desktop).It is available in MOBILE version.

The reply given by Zerodha is ,since both market watch and chart are open always ,there is no need to
implement the option.

But the time taken by moving from chart to market watch and put an order is more than putting an order
from chart.

2.Default quantity more than ONE lot.

As expiry approaches ONE has to put more lots to gain handsomely.
But in KITE there is no provision for default quantity.( I think it is there in PI.)So one is forced
to place order for ONE lot (Zerodha benefits a lot if one place order for one LOT only) or edit the order
for suitable lots (by that time the price movement is substantial.)

(Just curious, you want to save tax etc, whats the purpose of multi a/c's)
It is not about taxes, but the source of income for different family member is independent so there obviously will be trading accounts in their names. Also spreading to more than one broker will help incase of any issues with one. So if there are 4 family accounts, two each can be opened with two different brokers. So one can do it with present top two brokers. Any two out of the top three. Now everyone is same. The ones down the line are even cheaper.

Already KITE quotes are quite SLOW. Moreover Zerodha is deliberately ,I repeat DELIBERATELY not
implementing 2 simple modifications as suggested.

1. Make provisions to put orders from chart (Desktop).It is available in MOBILE version.

The reply given by Zerodha is ,since both market watch and chart are open always ,there is no need to
implement the option.

But the time taken by moving from chart to market watch and put an order is more than putting an order
from chart.

2.Default quantity more than ONE lot.

As expiry approaches ONE has to put more lots to gain handsomely.
But in KITE there is no provision for default quantity.( I think it is there in PI.)So one is forced
to place order for ONE lot (Zerodha benefits a lot if one place order for one LOT only) or edit the order
for suitable lots (by that time the price movement is substantial.)

Addition -
3. Implementation of 2-MINUTE Time Frame in KITE