Zerodha - Number One Discount Broker in India

If educating is the purpose, then they can do it on other platforms, varsity, trading QA blog, emails. Either ways they send informative emails. Also just the other day, there was Admin message on some kids education series 'Rupee Tales'. Now what has this message do with trading?? Why put it on the terminal. Did this subject need any urgent attention for ALL traders. Either ways they sent email too on Rupee Tales, so that was fine. Like ways many times they send information which is not related to trading, but just promotional or marketing stuff. And this is unwarranted and unsolicited.

My point is they need to use this tool only for communicating IMPORTANT information, update which has effect on ALL TRADERS.
One message received today from Admin on starting of one more commodity on MCX. This is the way to go. :thumb:
No squaring off ITM options message today.:)

columbus

the market watch and charts are parallely accessible and so a buy/sell button isn't required
1.Few months back a CALL was trading at Rs.100 and I placed on order it got executed at 100.
It moved to 105 but the position book was showing a NEGATIVE return to my
surprise. Instead of placing an order of CALL trading at Rs.100 ,I executed
an order for PUT trading at Rs.100. Such type of mistakes do not occur if
both ORDER and CHART are placed on CHART itself.

2.After identifying BUY/SELL ,shifting to market watch and placing an order
takes a FEW seconds ,in stock markets a fraction of second is some times
is valuable.

I hope I made it clear why I am insisting on a BUY / SELL button on chart.

Last edited:

Zerodha

Zerodha if you could reply to this also please.
Ah, you are talking about bracket orders, currently no work around for this unfortunately. If there is a partial fill, a new set of SL/Exit has to be placed immediately, we can't wait and take the risk until the order is completely filled.

Modifying multiple orders at a time is not possible technically.

TracerBullet

Ah, you are talking about bracket orders, currently no work around for this unfortunately. If there is a partial fill, a new set of SL/Exit has to be placed immediately, we can't wait and take the risk until the order is completely filled.

Modifying multiple orders at a time is not possible technically.
Why not update the size of the existing stop order to cover the fill ?
You can charge extra for this facility separately ( say higher brokerage or some monthly fee ) instead of splitting stop orders

It looks that these tools are not created/understood from a trader point of view

travi

Why not update the size of the existing stop order to cover the fill ?
You can charge extra for this facility separately ( say higher brokerage or some monthly fee ) instead of splitting stop orders

It looks that these tools are not created/understood from a trader point of view
There is no question of higher fees :D
Let them calculate margin accordingly instead.
They hypothetically think they will loose money,so they can back their imagination against margin, not a fixed extra fee.
Obviously they have sufficient data now on slippage etc