Zerodha - Number One Discount Broker in India

vijkris

Learner and Follower
ZERODHA

================================

PLEASE INCLUDE TICK - TIMEFRAME
====================================

Thank you !
Even Global Datafeeds does not provide true tick data.

For Tick timeframe you need Tick Data, which is almost unavailable to any retail traders in India.

HappyLife

Raj, SEBI has changed it from once a quarter settlement to now where we have to do once in 90 days. Hence this quarter we are settling fast.

You can click on profile on q.zerodha.com and request to buy liquid funds in your accounts. There is no brokerage or any other cost, you will also get some interest for that particular day when the settlement is supposed to be done. You will also have no inconvenience of having to receive funds back.
So no Quarterly Settlement Payment in the month of December
if yes , it will be helpful if you announce the particular day(3/4 days before) on your own site under Bulletin sector so to avoid payment I can adjust my position according to my risk.

Hi Zerodha,
How to get Margin requirement for WEEKLY BANK NIFTY OPTION? Your calculator shows only MONTHLY MARGIN. I think, it is quite high comparatively weekly option.

Thanks.

travi

Hi Zerodha,
How to get Margin requirement for WEEKLY BANK NIFTY OPTION? Your calculator shows only MONTHLY MARGIN. I think, it is quite high comparatively weekly option.
Thanks.
BN is also far more volatile than NIFTY, so comparing different indices/scrips will not be a benchmark.
The way you use an options price calculator, you can deduce various greeks and arrive at its volatility, which is the main concern of a Broker so they don't go Broke :D

travi

Zerodha, can u pls include a button for stop and reverse in your terminals, it'll be very useful if u can do that

DM
Do you mean stop and reverse as in change the direction of your trade?

If I've understood correctly,
say you have shorted 5 lots of Nifty and have gained 30 points on it.
Now, the decline is exhausted, so you want to close the short position and get into buy for uptrend.

In this case, you can buy 10 lots ?
Issue that may arise is your margin, if you don't have sufficient funds.
I'm not sure whether the 5 preceding shorts will be adjusted against purchase of 10 new lots first or after margin computing.

Do you mean stop and reverse as in change the direction of your trade?

If I've understood correctly,
say you have shorted 5 lots of Nifty and have gained 30 points on it.
Now, the decline is exhausted, so you want to close the short position and get into buy for uptrend.

In this case, you can buy 10 lots ?
Issue that may arise is your margin, if you don't have sufficient funds.
I'm not sure whether the 5 preceding shorts will be adjusted against purchase of 10 new lots first or after margin computing.
The idea is to close the current position as market order and switch positions again at market order...

DM

Zerodha

The idea is to close the current position as market order and switch positions again at market order...

DM
I am guessing if you are doing this, you want to do it with the same margin you have in your account.

So if u have 2.5lks in your account and have taken 5lots (utilizing 100% money), when you want to exit, you want to place an order for 10 lots (which needs no margin to exit ur 5lots + 2.5lks more to add another 5).

This will be tricky on the risk management side.

Zerodha

Even Global Datafeeds does not provide true tick data.

For Tick timeframe you need Tick Data, which is almost unavailable to any retail traders in India.
Brokers don't access to tick by tick data on trading platform. Need to subscribe additionally.

From here: http://tradingqna.com/8843/technical-charts-google-finance-yahoo-finance-amibroker-match

Tick Data: Market data that shows price and volume at every print, it also includes information about every change to the best bid and ask.

In a single trading day, there are millions of such ticks recorded (remember this also includes change in best bid and ask prices) and it is technically not possible for any trading platform to show all ticks, especially live and on a normal broadband internet connection.

If you really want to see all the ticks, NSE does have Tick by Tick data feed which is a lot more expensive than the normal data feed, and will have to be subscribed to througn any of the authorized NSE data vendors (Not all of them give you tick by tick data). Also to be able to make best use of this tick by tick data, you should ideally be on the NSE collocation which would mean that your systems are inside NSE itself, so that accepting all the millions of ticks will be quite efficient.

Tick by Tick data is usually what professional High Frequency and Arbitrage trading firms use, don't think there is anything much a normal retail trader can do with it.