Zerodha - Number One Discount Broker in India

travi

This is normal. happened many times.

If you want a sure fill, place SL-M order. I am using that. there may be slippages though.
I concur :thumb:
Always used SL-M with a trigger, that'll be very accurate, atleast in terms of closing the position.

Brill

The charts are formed from ticks that come on the charting server of the broker. The OHLC that is shown in marketdepth is streamed by the exchange.

Market opening, there could be thousands of ticks, so the opening caught by the server at best could be at 3 to 5 ticks per second. So this actual opening tick might never get captured, hence you will see the difference on the chart.

Even if u look at the TT chart, you can see the open at around 18470 and not 18311.

It is technically impossible to capture the right opening tick when the market opens by the charting server.

What we do is, at end of day we use OHLC declared by NSE in the bhavcopy to plot the day's candles. But intraday candles can't ever be matched with NSE as they don't give any data dump of 1 min OHLC after market close.

Check this: http://tradingqna.com/8843/technical-charts-google-finance-yahoo-finance-amibroker-match

Wonder not a single broker get at least a nearby tick of the open price? More tthan 100 points difference is huge and misguiding!!!

Cant understand how these guys are getting it right? see below image of todays BNF 5m chart from marketcalls.in

Regards

pannet1

if trading is like kick boxing then for the first 5 minute they tie your hands & legs and let a entire village come and kick you. this is not a level playing field at all. no wonder we have 20% people take money of 80% people.

Sent from my 6043D using Tapatalk

travi

if trading is like kick boxing then for the first 5 minute they tie your hands & legs and let a entire village come and kick you. this is not a level playing field at all. no wonder we have 20% people take money of 80% people.
Sent from my 6043D using Tapatalk
Be sure to use NRML, MIS won't even in be activated.
So now, you're also gagged.
But with charts taking a min or more to draw and become realtime, that is being blindfolded :D
You don't know who in the village kicked you :rofl:

Zerodha

Wonder not a single broker get at least a nearby tick of the open price? More tthan 100 points difference is huge and misguiding!!!

Cant understand how these guys are getting it right? see below image of todays BNF 5m chart from marketcalls.in

Regards
Data vendors get a much higher quality data. NSE charges 40lks per year and Rs 300 per user additional.. Brokers get data for free..

If catching almost every tick is important, best to subscribe to an exchange empanelled data vendor. Also data vendors get a incremental dumps of intraday data (like how we get eod data from bhavcopy), so even if they don't capture ticks, it will match up with exchange data as soon as they reconcile.

vivektrader

In persuit of financial independence.
Data vendors get a much higher quality data. NSE charges 40lks per year and Rs 300 per user additional.. Brokers get data for free..

If catching almost every tick is important, best to subscribe to an exchange empanelled data vendor. Also data vendors get a incremental dumps of intraday data (like how we get eod data from bhavcopy), so even if they don't capture ticks, it will match up with exchange data as soon as they reconcile.
@Zerodha, I am a big fan of trading from the chart on pi platform. Its a feature request: can you devise a way by which one can drag and drop the SL-m order that has been placed through the chart to a new price, i meant trailing manually just by drag and drop.

Vivek

Zerodha, I'm more of a positional trader. Want to know are you planning to bring out a feature like putting a resting stop loss order on a holding stock that remains valid in system for a week or fortnight? Otherwise, putting daily stop loss orders is very taxing.