Zerodha has silently ended it's 60-days challenge

GENIETRADE

Yes, not only winners but some beginners too as msdtime said.

But, surely most of the regular winners generating brokerage below or around 6000, who were getting periodical full brokerage refund have the valid reason to shift to other brokers with better options.
Unless those winners are generating more brokerage than loosers, it is good for Zerodha to get rid of the winners.:p

Basically, it seems that Zerodha believes they have reached some kind of critical mass where the business is concerned. Maybe their calculations show that the potential losses won't be serious enough, and will be offset by the gains.

superman

Basically, it seems that Zerodha believes they have reached some kind of critical mass where the business is concerned. Maybe their calculations show that the potential losses won't be serious enough, and will be offset by the gains.
:D

Remember its a brokerage business. Anyone can open account in other easily. Its the last thing to be complacent ! I welcome this move, if this reduces the server load and we get more superior services with respect to Customer care and platform. But if its the repeat of same behavior, got help Zerodha !

There is no thing as analytics in Zerodha afai believe. Lately it has become a habit there to launch a half baked product and then abandon it in the middle. Pi, Backoffice, Quant etc being the examples of abandoned products.
Despite the imperfections, they have notched up a significant number of customers. I am sure they have enough business through all of their initiatives - MFs, SIPs, DP.

Maybe they are also running Portfolios and Advisory services. They wouldn't revoke the scheme unless they were very sure that their business won't suffer.

pannet1

i like to think that there is no capable challenger for them.
upstox had that muscle, but something is lacking in them, because inspite of so much complaints with z service there is no shift. theirs is also a near similar service (brokerage, api).
(or) they are just followers and no exciting initiatives from them (upstox)
may the initial momentem which z's customers had setup is not yet slowed down.

pannet1

We saw whenever there is extra volatility in the market Zerodha System starts giving the problem.
I find a new volatility indicator after India Vix, it's Zerodha Terminal. Whenever it creates a problem in the morning, I expect a big move is coming. The success ratio is very good. :p
This is one of the wisest statement i have read in TJ

pannet1

if 2000 / month is a big money (considering 60 days challenge may take approximately 90 days to complete), what kind of account size is ours. (Ans: small).

if we are suckers for challenge money, then why dont we shift to finvasia. (Answer: we cannot because we are levaraging).

after trading for so many years, we are still not able to compound it (Answer: using trading money for buying onions and tomotoes).

all of us know these truths but we are struck up due to something or other reason. we are traders for life and may never get financially independent. sorry for sounding negative, but it seems is the truth.

nb: how many trader would have tried to overtrade because their challenge is going to end soon and how many lost opportunities because they thought that if they trade they will loose money and loose challenge.

the concept of 60 days challenge is bad for loosers and good for winners. dont you tell everyone that 90% or so loose.

REMOVING THE CHALLENGE IS BAD FOR ZERODHA FINANCIALLY, NOT GOOD.. IN MY HONEST OPIONION