yStock - Realtime Charts & EOD downloads

murthymsr

yStock downloader will include records where NSEseries equals "EQ" or "BE" ONLY, this is to avoid duplicate data (suggested by karthikmarar), it will filter-out all other records.
SYMBOL,SERIES,OPEN,HIGH,LOW,CLOSE,LAST,PREVCLOSE,TOTTRDQTY,TOTTRDVAL,TIMESTAMP
Siva

dear siva,

that's right. any series beyond EQ and BE are sure to add duplicated records and confuse the TA software. also i too think that not many oppurtunities are lost by limiting to series EQ and BE.

but, now, my question is are there no duplicate records between EQ and BE series? i feel there are a few, which occasionally figure out or figured out some six months back. at that time, such duplicates played havoc with my software. subsequently on seeing low turnover in BE series, i decided to limit myself to EQ series. if any other member has similar experience ( of the same symmbol appearing bith in BE and EQ series, he may share. on hearing the responses, some fool-proof method of avoiding such duplication may be thought of. such duplicates, if existing, are sure to confuse the TA software.

MurthyMSR

Dear Amit,

Good point to debate.

yStock downloader will include records where NSEseries equals "EQ" or "BE" ONLY, this is to avoid duplicate data (suggested by karthikmarar), it will filter-out all other records.

Most of the TA(MetaStock, Amibroker, FCharts, FiboTrader...) programs not considering "series" data, so during importing data to your TA for a given date, if there are more than one record for a symbol it will overwrite the previous data (i verified it for AmiBroker)

For eg: symbol TITAN, there are two records, which one you would like to import to your TA?
TITAN,EQ,775,779.7,754.25,758.95,755.25,767.55,400973,308312176.2,25-Aug-06
TITAN,N1,221.6,222.05,221.6,222.05,222.05,222.7,4,886.85,25-Aug-06

I am attaching a zip file, NSE EOD as on 25-8-2006, downloaded directly from NSE site(not thru yStock). After filtering it will show 935 rows only, check it out yourself.

Thanks & Regards
Siva
I was also confused while viewing data of 'sirpur paper' -

SIRPAPER,E1,45,45,43,43,43,50.15,2000,87111.75,22-SEP-2005,
SIRPAPER,EQ,103,103,98,98.7,99.65,102.75,60739,6071171,22-SEP-2005,

Can anyone please explain 'E1', 'N1'

Dear Amit,

Good point to debate.

Most of the TA(MetaStock, Amibroker, FCharts, FiboTrader...) programs not considering "series" data, so during importing data to your TA for a given date, if there are more than one record for a symbol it will overwrite the previous data (i verified it for AmiBroker)

For eg: symbol TITAN, there are two records, which one you would like to import to your TA?
TITAN,EQ,775,779.7,754.25,758.95,755.25,767.55,400973,308312176.2,25-Aug-06
TITAN,N1,221.6,222.05,221.6,222.05,222.05,222.7,4,886.85,25-Aug-06

I am attaching a zip file, NSE EOD as on 25-8-2006, downloaded directly from NSE site(not thru yStock). After filtering it will show 935 rows only, check it out yourself.

Thanks & Regards
Siva
Dear Siva,
Please don't misundersatnd ... I wasn't trying to debate. I only wanted to bring it your notice, so that incase there was any problem with the software /downloader.

Thanks & regards,
Amit

murthymsr

Dear Siva,
Please don't misundersatnd ... I wasn't trying to debate. I only wanted to bring it your notice, so that incase there was any problem with the software /downloader.

Thanks & regards,
Amit
dear amit,

it's a healthy debate, i feel we may continue & collect more observations. and ultimately, it will benefit all members of this forum. hope everybody will agree.
MurthyMSR

Dear Siva,

Thanks & regards,
Amit
Dear Amit,

No mis-understanding here, taken in the right spirit, and always open to your comments & criticisms :)

I was also confused while viewing data of 'sirpur paper' -

SIRPAPER,E1,45,45,43,43,43,50.15,2000,87111.75,22-SEP-2005,
SIRPAPER,EQ,103,103,98,98.7,99.65,102.75,60739,607 1171,22-SEP-2005,

Can anyone please explain 'E1', 'N1'
Searched NSE site, got this link : http://www.nseindia.com/content/equities/eq_serieslist.htm
Check it out.

Regards
Siva

Last edited:
Dear Amit,

No mis-understanding here, taken in the right spirit, and always open to your comments & criticisms :)

Regards
Siva
Hi! Siva,

One more request PLEASE ...

Right now, when we want to download EOD BSE data, we can download only the current day's data in csv format.

1) Would it be possible to download historical data for EOD BSE data as we can do for EOD NSE data.

I know there is a limitation for the starting date for BSE stocks, but this would definitely help in the future. This way, I don't have to worry if I am unable to download the current day's data due to any reasons. I can always download the data the next day or maybe even next week for that matter.

2) Also, would it be possible to save the file as a txt file because importing data in the txt format into Fibotrader is much much faster.

P.S. Have you experimented with the suggestion to add custom colums? That would also be really useful for all of us.

Once again, I would like to thank you for the selfless work that you are doing.

Cheers, thanks & regards,
Amit

Dear Amit,
1) Would it be possible to download historical data for EOD BSE data as we can do for EOD NSE data.
I know there is a limitation for the starting date for BSE stocks, but this would definitely help in the future. This way, I don't have to worry if I am unable to download the current day's data due to any reasons. I can always download the data the next day or maybe even next week for that matter.
At present, using bseindia website as the source, they are not providing historical EOD like the NSE do. So do you know any other source url for bse eod data?

And the BSE backfill technique is for a range of dates for a given symbol :(
2) Also, would it be possible to save the file as a txt file because importing data in the txt format into Fibotrader is much much faster.
Text format is available in downloader (tab separated values), except for bse EOD (still in beta)

P.S. Have you experimented with the suggestion to add custom colums? That would also be really useful for all of us
Sorry amit, not yet, now trying/working on "CoolRC" for kuwait market, thanks to cool

Regards
Siva

Some useful downloads

Dear friends,

The following are not related to this thread, i dont want to start a new thread for these download links, so posting here, please bear with me.

NSE EOD data from 1994 to 2006 Aug 28
EQ & BE series only, not adjusted for splits & merge
Missing data:- 2002-10-17 & 2002-9-25, i am not getting it properly (seems my ISP cache), you may download it from NSE

All the gummy-stuff.org Excel files
Around 289 excel files.
Thanks & Regards
Siva

Last edited: