Your suggestions please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with aniket that the members found useful info in Dan's posts and hence supported him. I also agree with ashok that the original author should have been acknowledged. It's good for everyone, including this website.

Well Dan, it doesn't take much to acknowledge Timothy's name, does it? A half line.. just a link..
Hi timepass,

Well, thanks for deriving the just the WRONG conclusion from my post.

You are making a generalization, distortion of the statement.

I ABHOR the idiotic support for him, for whatever reasons. That is the centerline.

My post says it's wrong to support him. If you want to agree/disagree, agree/disagree with this point. DO NOT BE SELECTIVE.

THIS IDIOTIC SUPPORT IS GOING TO KILL THE FORUM, in the longer run. AND, one must be a noob, not to understand this.

( I am beginning to use more and more capital letters, as people tend to ignore what is written in small caps )

Aniket, I should clarify that when I said that "the members supported him" I meant the content of the post, not his later stand about it, that the members wanted more material and others' input. You will notice that I have clearly stated my stand on acknowledging the original author's contribution.

Chalo, bade bade desh me chhoti chhoti baatein hoti rehti hai. This is a vibrant forum and so long as the mods are liberal enough to allow objections to be raised and discussed, it will not only survive beautifully but grow well too.

Aniket, I should clarify that when I said that "the members supported him" I meant the content of the post, not his later stand about it, that the members wanted more material and others' input. You will notice that I have clearly stated my stand on acknowledging the original author's contribution.

Chalo, bade bade desh me chhoti chhoti baatein hoti rehti hai. This is a vibrant forum and so long as the mods are liberal enough to allow objections to be raised and discussed, it will not only survive beautifully but grow well too.
Yes, our country is very big. But, I don't know for how long. The country is full of suckers who believe politicians precisely at the time when they should not.

Why should one be a sucker for the content of the post when the person has clear ulterior intentions, as one can see. And why Ashok has been left feeling like that he has made a mistake here, while he hasn't?

It's like being a fish to a bait.

That is my problem.

4xpipcounter

I said you started it because you were the 1st post in response to him.
Also, let's get something straight. No one paid me to act for anyone. Let's make sure that indictment dies right now.
He was also very clear in that he said the moderators could delete the entire thread if they wanted to. Also, both of you have gone to the one he quoted, so why don't we just wait to see how things come out.
I have also mentioned the moderators have slapped me on the wrist for something I should not have posted, and I support their actions. So when Ankiet comes along and says, "The behavior of Mods perplexes me too.", I'd like to know what his motive is. I can tell you beyond any shadow of a doubt they have been fair. I also want to encourage the moderators to keep up the good work.
Ashok, I think I'm being fair, because I don't know you, and all I know about Dan is his reputation through the posts. He has been easy to get along with, and even fun to disagree with. You did not even have your 8th post on here when you were already in his thread with the very 1st response getting on his case. I'm just saying from a totally objective view. I'm just saying based on Dan's reputation, and your tenure, I would not give it much credence to wanting to do anything about it.
In addition, how do you know it was a willful act to try and deceive someone? He even proved that by wanting to willfully give up the thread. He also has proven his innocence by wanting to go to the source.
Also, the red triangle in the upper right corner of the window is there to direct at the moderators, and also gives you space to voice the exact nature of your complaint.

I started? Wow. It's like people are being paid by DanPickUp to act on his behalf.
All this started because DanPickUp posted something using his name without giving credit to the original author.

In this thread http://www.traderji.com/technical-analysis/49748-danpickups-market-structure-views.html , read post #8.

Moderators are not seeing anything bad in it. The thread being in existent for so long in itself shows that moderator is supporting plagiarism and also supporting the trash words by him in that thread.

Moderator deleted the other thread in one click just on the words of DanPickUp, because DanPickUp got guilty feeling after being caught in the act.

If DanPickUp ever had an intention to post something in his own words or to continue posting charts and to show us a new method for this trading jungle, then he would have edited his first post and mentioned the credit and would have continued with the flow like tnsn2345 mentioned.
The thread was named "how to develop GPS" firstly by him, then he edited the thread name and put his name.

He then started a new thread with the same content and called it Holy grail of indicators, where again he copypasted the same thing without giving credit.

Why all these cosmetic changes by him, if he honestly wanted to start something using his charts?

Many people say that mental aspect of trading is very important. If he had any control over his mind, all this would have ended way back.

My suggestion would be that moderators first read the content of the post and then see who is the poster so that they can act in an unbiased manner.

Also, please stop posting copyrighted content from another site, if people cannot mention source or cannot give credit to the author.
Anyways, I am done with this. May sanity prevail.

4xpipcounter

Aniket, you won't need to worry about that. The mods do an excellent job. Try checking out some other forums if you want to see a mess.
It's best to consider all sides, rather than just tunnel vision.

Hi Ashok,

Yes, you are justified for your reaction. The behavior of Mods perplexes me too.

But, here, is alternative thought. May be, just MAY BE, THEY THINK DAN is an important contributor here for providing trading wisdom. May be, other people defend him, just because they believe they might get some knowledge from Dan. Plagerized or not, some of info IS useful.

And here is, the idiocy of the alternative thought. The tendency to ignore big inconsistency for smaller gains is self destructive. A wrong example generates many more wrong examples. May be, the mods are not able to see where this is going to end up. :lol::lol:

4xpipcounter

Timepass, you stated clearly your position. The last sentence you also enunciated perfectly.
I would like to be given the benefit of the doubt if something had the appearance that I was in the wrongdoing. Also, human error or just a mistake should also be factored in. I would do that for anyone in the same way I would want them to do it for me.

Aniket, you won't need to worry about that. The mods do an excellent job. Try checking out some other forums if you want to see a mess.
It's best to consider all sides, rather than just tunnel vision.
How is, what happens on other forums, connected to this forum?

I am thinking about right and wrong and you are thinking about this forum and other forum? Which one is a tunnel vision?

Do not defend some thing wrong by sterile arguments that this happens everywhere.

I seriously feel offended if someone gives free advice to me about what to do and what not. Request you to mind you own business. I do not advise you/anyone.

And you mentioned what confuses me about mod's behavior?
SELECTIVE DELETING. posts of Ashok's deleted while Dan's posts which contain highly inappropriate words are still there. Just to be clear, what I understand is, Mods intentions may not be bad, (one of the reasons I am pleading is because I think there is a chance to heard be them), but the actions taken are not ethical, or simply wrong.

Last edited:

tnsn2345

Dear Friends,

I am not a mod but let me try and act one here, if you allow me pls.

Apart from this issue there has been such confrontation in some other thread and hopefully it has ended on a positive note. I do not know if all these confrontation on TJ have got something to do with Eygpt or blah ..blah..blah (just joking)...

Coming to this topic (and careful not scratch the wounds), reminds me of a small story on how to pose question when you yourself 'want to hear' the expected answer.

Say some one comes to your home and you want to ask him if he would like to have tea or not? There could be three scenarios:

1) You want him to have tea
2) You do not want him to have tea
3) You are neutral

So the way you ask question to the above 'expected answers' you want would be :

1) I am sure you would like to have tea at this time, shall we? (You want him to have tea)
2) You would not like to have tea at this time or would you still? (You do not want him to have tea)
3) Would like to have tea? (You are neutral)

So it is the way of us asking questions when we 'know the answer' or 'want to hear' the answer that decides what and how the other person will reply. So at times the problem lies with us and not others.

Similarly when you are in power (for example) you do not liked to be challenged and any challenge is curbed or suppressed with force and not logic. It would apply to all of us. The mental frame of someone initiating a long drawn process would not be ready (or would not have expected) for such non-technical roadblocks at the kick off stage itself, so the defence becomes instant and forceful. You do not think, you just attack to kill.

And lastly, the regulators of a country (and the judiciary too) or any institution weigh the sentiments, let the dust settle and temper cool and then pronounce judgement, whether right or wrong, common people forget easily with passage of time. What they want is to move with times and something new all the times.

Regards,

p.s. Read a small book ...Animal Farm (by George Orwell)...the crux is 'All men are created equal but some are more equal than others'

O&O on this subject.

Status
Not open for further replies.