Your suggestions please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VJAY

Dear Traderji,
Is it possible to get email notification when only thread starter post any post....now we getting e-mail notifications when anyone posts....

I wish Moderators are not partial towards a particular user. Right now, one whole thread was deleted when it came to know that the originator of the thread, DanPickUp copy-pasted the material from another website without even giving credit or mentioning author's name while posting. The thread starter of the deleted thread plainly copied the content from another website and wrote as if he is the author.

When he got caught of plagiarizing, he started getting hyper.

On another thread, DanPickUp was calling me names and the moderator is not taking any action.

Doesn't others opinion in the thread have any value? The moderator just took an action like a Chinese leader. He could have closed the thread, if thread starter didn't want to continue. Other users also posted in that thread.

Can moderator explain why he deleted posts of other users in that thread?
It is my sincere request to moderators to read post content without being biased towards "who" is posting the post.
If you want to see the deleted thread, I can post here, i have it in pdf format.

Doesn't Indians have a right of speech? If not, I request you to please remove the Indian word from the Traderji.com logo on top.

Last edited:

4xpipcounter

Ashok, I'm getting to know DanPickUp pretty well. I do not believe he has nay vindictive disposition. Sometimes you have to read between the lines and roll with it.
Personally, I have found the moderators to be fair (No pandering intended.) I've been sent a warning for something I posted. The moderators were equally responsive when I brought their attention to plagiary in my thread.
Plagiary is a problem, because it is being presented as original material by the presenter rather than giving credit where it is due. This is what the plagiarist did on my thread.
Also, let me say something that is going to sound really cold-blooded, but without the intent. First of all, the short time I have been on this site, I have witnessed a venue of free ideas being able to be expressed. Also, I've noticed people to be very polite and friendly. Overall, it has made for free expression of thought. Having said that, I don't believe there is anything that says this has to be a venue for free speech. If they want to run things like a "Chinese leader", that would be their business. I assume the moderators are the owners of the site, so they have a right to run it any way they choose. The site is popular, because it encourages free thought.

hok4;520965]I wish Moderators are not partial towards a particular user. Right now, one whole thread was deleted when it came to know that the originator of the thread copy-pasted the material from another website without even giving credit or mentioning author's name while posting. The thread starter of the deleted thread plainly copied the content from another website and wrote as if he is the author.

When he got caught of plagiarizing, he started getting hyper.

On another thread, DanPickUp was calling me names and the moderator is not taking any action.

Doesn't others opinion in the thread have any value? The moderator just took an action like a Chinese leader. He could have closed the thread, if thread starter didn't want to continue. Other users also posted in that thread.

Can moderator explain why he deleted posts of other users in that thread?
It is my sincere request to moderators to read post content without being biased towards "who" is posting the post.
If you want to see the deleted thread, I can post here, i have it in pdf format.

Doesn't Indians have a right of speech? If not, I request you to please remove the Indian word from the Traderji.com logo on top.[/QUOTE]

Like i said 4xpipcounter in my above post, in a public forum everyone should be treated equal.
What matters is "post content" and not "who" is the poster.

Moderator is accepting the abuses or trash words from DanPickUp in one thread and also giving in to orders of DanpickUp who plagiarized an article and calling it his own.

4xpipcounter

I read in his thread after my previous post. You started the melee, Dan defended himself, but also invited the moderators to delete the entire thread if they deemed necessary. From a total objective point of view, I witnessed no trash words on Dan's part.
I don't think it is the poster that is being considered. You both have gone to Timothy. I'm sure he'll be the arbiter as far as plagiary is concerned. Dan also stated the charts are his own.

Like i said 4xpipcounter in my above post, in a public forum everyone should be treated equal.
What matters is "post content" and not "who" is the poster.

Moderator is accepting the abuses or trash words from DanPickUp in one thread and also giving in to orders of DanpickUp who plagiarized an article and calling it his own.

I started? Wow. It's like people are being paid by DanPickUp to act on his behalf.
All this started because DanPickUp posted something using his name without giving credit to the original author.

In this thread http://www.traderji.com/technical-analysis/49748-danpickups-market-structure-views.html , read post #8.

Moderators are not seeing anything bad in it. The thread being in existent for so long in itself shows that moderator is supporting plagiarism and also supporting the trash words by him in that thread.

Moderator deleted the other thread in one click just on the words of DanPickUp, because DanPickUp got guilty feeling after being caught in the act.

If DanPickUp ever had an intention to post something in his own words or to continue posting charts and to show us a new method for this trading jungle, then he would have edited his first post and mentioned the credit and would have continued with the flow like tnsn2345 mentioned.
The thread was named "how to develop GPS" firstly by him, then he edited the thread name and put his name.

He then started a new thread with the same content and called it Holy grail of indicators, where again he copypasted the same thing without giving credit.

Why all these cosmetic changes by him, if he honestly wanted to start something using his charts?

Many people say that mental aspect of trading is very important. If he had any control over his mind, all this would have ended way back.

My suggestion would be that moderators first read the content of the post and then see who is the poster so that they can act in an unbiased manner.

Also, please stop posting copyrighted content from another site, if people cannot mention source or cannot give credit to the author.
Anyways, I am done with this. May sanity prevail.

Hi Ashok,

Yes, you are justified for your reaction. The behavior of Mods perplexes me too.

But, here, is alternative thought. May be, just MAY BE, THEY THINK DAN is an important contributor here for providing trading wisdom. May be, other people defend him, just because they believe they might get some knowledge from Dan. Plagerized or not, some of info IS useful.

And here is, the idiocy of the alternative thought. The tendency to ignore big inconsistency for smaller gains is self destructive. A wrong example generates many more wrong examples. May be, the mods are not able to see where this is going to end up. :lol::lol:

I agree with aniket that the members found useful info in Dan's posts and hence supported him. I also agree with ashok that the original author should have been acknowledged. It's good for everyone, including this website.

Well Dan, it doesn't take much to acknowledge Timothy's name, does it? A half line.. just a link..

Status
Not open for further replies.