Yahoo Finance It Stocks Symbol List?

jdm

satish_goteti said:
Dear friends,

I need all the yahoo symbols of IT companies in India. How is it possible? Is there a way?

Cheers
Satish
although not the symbols but it does segregates the industries. you may find this file helpful.

the attached file has been downloaded from yahoo Technical-Investor group.
http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/Technical-Investor/files/

satish_goteti said:
Dear friends,

I need all the yahoo symbols of IT companies in India. How is it possible? Is there a way?

Cheers
Satish
Hi Satish

Not sure if you still require it. Any ways may be some one else can be beniffited..
Put all the NSE symbols(u can get it from NSE Bhav copy) in column A of an excel spread sheet. Use the formula TRIM(LEFT(A1,9)) & ".NS" for B1. You should have the yahoo symbol for the scrip. Copy and paste for the entire B column to get the complete yahoo symbol list. JDM's collection will help you get the IT group.

Best Regards
Coool.

Hi Satish

Not sure if you still require it. Any ways may be some one else can be beniffited..
Put all the NSE symbols(u can get it from NSE Bhav copy) in column A of an excel spread sheet. Use the formula TRIM(LEFT(A1,9)) & ".NS" for B1. You should have the yahoo symbol for the scrip. Copy and paste for the entire B column to get the complete yahoo symbol list. JDM's collection will help you get the IT group.

Best Regards
Coool.

Thanks for the Excel formula. It really lessened a lot of work.

Regards,
kvrprasad

sanyad74

Re: ***** Finance It Stocks Symbol List?

i only see 68 company names in the word file attached? how to get excel sheet for all companies on BSE?
rgds

Re: ***** Finance It Stocks Symbol List?

If anybody needs there's a software to convert NSE & BSE symbols to ***** format , it can be downloaded from : http://wareseeker.com/free-nse/

The software is free and compiled by bhavyait
Hope this is useful for somebody. But pls use it with Java version 1.5.0_9 and above only.