Yahoo Backfill Downloader

dear jdm,
First let me congrat you on this great utility
i am ready to put my first share of bucks for metastock rt data. :)
Dear Jdm

You can also count me for Metastock RT data project.

Can you make any modifications to get backfilll data from yahoo for previous dates. 'Yahoo Backfill Downloader' is a greate masterpiece from you but it backfills only current day data. I request you to consider any addition in this regard and make the application more useful.

Regards
ppvsin

jdm

Dear Joy Da,
Thank you very much for correcting me, but its true that when bse and nse is putting the data on their website for public use for free....then this data is treated as free.....and people will take and use it freely without violating any terms of business.
other thing is that we are charging our customers for a software which provides convinience and timely delivery of the data to their own technical analysis software.....and not for the data itself. so that does not also violating any terms of business.
correct me if i'm wrong.
PIYUSH PATEL.
hi piyush,

but the software is accessing the data, which belongs to the exchange. as per regulations of nse anything which is not delayed by 5 minutes is considered as realtime data, and anyone useing the same (and perticularly charging for the same) is liable to the exchange.

hope it clears.

jdm.

jdm

Dear Jdm

You can count me also for Metastock RT data project.

Can you make any modifications to get backfilll data from yahoo for previous dates. 'Yahoo Backfill Downloader' is a greate masterpiece from you but it backfills only current day data. I request you to consider any addition in this regard.

Regards
ppvsin
hi ppvsin,
thanks for supporting the project.

the date selection is not in my hand. for 1 min data the feed is for the day only. if for 5 min data the backfill is for 5 days. this is how yahoo does it. cant help on that.

cheers,
jdm.

hello JDM,

I am having problem in starting yahoo_backfill downloader
it shows "Run time error 429...Active X component cant create object..

Although i hav downloaded the supported files as instructed by u ..

PLEASE Help!!!!!!!!!

regards anup

jdm

hello JDM,

I am having problem in starting yahoo_backfill downloader
it shows "Run time error 429...Active X component cant create object..

Although i hav downloaded the supported files as instructed by u ..

PLEASE Help!!!!!!!!!

regards anup
did you registered the dll's ? what exactly you did? it would be better if you elaborate a bit.

cheers,
jdm.

Thanks jdm,
your utility made an end to search of a utility for intraday end of the data. many thanks and congrats. i was not a day trader yet i needed this to analyze future and other imp scripts. the best part your backfill. now i do'nt need any data provider.
thanks
rajneesh:)

Dear jdm ,
aapka program maine dlod kiya aur uske sath vale file bhi ..sab kuch karne ke bad bhi mujhe eroror aa raha hain ..
runtime error 429 activex componet cant creat object
plz mera problem solve kijiyega
mere sys ka os hain winxp sp2
thank you

HI anup aapne aisa kya kiya jo aapka problem solve hua ....kyoki aapko jo problem aaya tha vahi same problem mujhe hain....
kripyaya aap ya jdm mera problem solve kare
thank you:)