xDirect India is Here

megapixel

So,you are telling me i can trade in equities(US/UK i am assuming), commodities and futures(does this include currencies) from india?

I thought this was illegal. How can you claim/say this is legal in india?
we can not trade in international market ? Is it true ?

How about if someone is interested to trade in Dow Jones , NASDAQ ...are these considered to be illegal in india ?

This is a taliban rule then ....shame

fxgood

How about if someone is interested to trade in Dow Jones , NASDAQ ...are these considered to be illegal in india ?

This is not taliban rule the issue is when YOUR money goes out of India to a XYZ overseas broker you or our regulator have no control over them you are at their mercy even with best possible regulated broker case

According to RBI regulations , Indian Residents can invest in Shares of companies listed on Foreign exchanges i.e in simple language, can buy and hold as a value investor but cannot indulge in Margin Trading where deployment of Rupee can be required to fulfill margin call.

So basically an Indian Individual can have shares of foreign companies as assets only.

This is done to safeguard the Indian Economy from the bad effects of Rupee Depreciation which could go out of control if liberal measures are taken by RBI.

megapixel

does that alternatively mean if you want to buy and sell IBM shares listed in DOW JONES or NASDAQ you have to be an US citizen ?

I don't understand how come many people in india want to buy FACEBOOK shares then from india ?

garrrr:annoyed:

soft_trader

does that alternatively mean if you want to buy and sell IBM shares listed in DOW JONES or NASDAQ you have to be an US citizen ?

I don't understand how come many people in india want to buy FACEBOOK shares then from india ?
Yes MP,

US shares can be bought by us sitting in India. No need to become an US citizen. ICICI Direct provides this facility.