Windows 7 or vista..?

Ok mate tnx.. will try and let u know
I talked to rkglobal , who is my broker and they are helpless . I tried all forums with out any luck .The issue is some what typical . I use BSNL broadband and relaicne netconnect. ODIn fails after you type in username and password with an error Setsockopt (Error 10055) . Which says there is no buffer sapace. My paging file is 6 GB so ther eis no question of Buffer issues .While searching the net i found one user clims Odin is working on A LAN ( a direct connection to internet with out dialing a PPP or PPPOE ) .
Ther is another post in traderji , in which the user cliamed WIndows 7 beta had no issues with Odin but The final release have .

I have a service ticket open with microsoft from 15 days with out any luck :) Kudos to Microsoft :)

Naresh

If your new PC with Windows 7 have a processor capable of Virtualization, then You can use XP mode and run Odin in XP mode. I am not sure how good it is as it will consume much more resources

Vikas
Can you elaborate how you made it work in 7.. I face the same problem odin doesn't work..need some help

Guys ODIN works great on Win7 and believe it or not I am using Win7 from past 20months :) how? I am a full time Microsoft employee and Win7 rocks!!!

If you have any trouble then you may tell me and I can help.

Naresh , can you give me the case number that you have? :)

Hi Vikas,
Iam still unsuccessful.
Everything is working fine. But I get a message"Connection Busy error (check connection integrity)".
But this is normal message when the server is down.. ie on saturdays and sundays. But today during the middle of trading time I get the same message when I try to login thru my Windows 7 pc. But evertyhing is fine when access using my Visata laptop.
Any suggestion you might think??
tnx in advance

Hi Vikas,
Iam still unsuccessful.
Everything is working fine. But I get a message"Connection Busy error (check connection integrity)".
But this is normal message when the server is down.. ie on saturdays and sundays. But today during the middle of trading time I get the same message when I try to login thru my Windows 7 pc. But evertyhing is fine when access using my Visata laptop.
Any suggestion you might think??
tnx in advance
Connection busy error is not related to windows7 .Check your intsallation properly on Win7 .

Naresh

Guys ODIN works great on Win7 and believe it or not I am using Win7 from past 20months :) how? I am a full time Microsoft employee and Win7 rocks!!!

If you have any trouble then you may tell me and I can help.

Naresh , can you give me the case number that you have? :)
Vikas ,

Sent the case number in PM to you

Naresh