Williams OOPS Trading system

rkkarnani

Some doubts :
How much move is VALID GAP ? It need to be in terms of percentage and not points for obvious reasons.
SBI makes a low of 2426.60 today. Minimum at what opening level would be say that its a Gap down opening?
It may open at 2424 or 2420 !
Would such a down move enough for OOPS? Or say we quantify it at ~0.5% or Rs.12 in case of SBI or 0.33% : ~Rs.8/- ?

For smaller time frame say 30 minutes, do we take the last 30 minutes bar's low to determine a Gap next day at open or it has to be the days low?

ESL is defined, any easy suggestion on TSL ?

How do we find out among so many stocks that a stock has opened with a Gap Up/down ? Do we limit our trades to a limited number of stocks and track their opening manually?
or or there a way by which we can get an Alert for a Gap opened stock... maybe Moneycontrol or similar site has some system to Alert when particular level of Stock is breached, but can it be changed to Alert in case of a OPEN at Particular price or lower or higher in case of Gap up!

These are somethings that came to mind instantly !

Sorry Guys Wanted to post more but busy in my wedding preparations

Well interesting discussion going on.... I have modified oops ssystem in the following manner

I look for positions only after 10 so say if Nifty is above yesterdays high by at least 10 pts (say 5100 is yesterday high) so if Nifty goes up to 5110 I will punch stop sell below 5098 then a target of around 25-40 points with SL of around 10-15 points

one point i prefer is that 5110 shall be around .5% more then yesterdays close

So basically its a trend reversal strategy; can be worked upon to improve

Good for those who have some other full time job

Xitij

Sorry Guys Wanted to post more but busy in my wedding preparations

Well interesting discussion going on.... I have modified oops ssystem in the following manner

I look for positions only after 10 so say if Nifty is above yesterdays high by at least 10 pts (say 5100 is yesterday high) so if Nifty goes up to 5110 I will punch stop sell below 5098 then a target of around 25-40 points with SL of around 10-15 points

one point i prefer is that 5110 shall be around .5% more then yesterdays close

So basically its a trend reversal strategy; can be worked upon to improve

Good for those who have some other full time job
How about first 'digesting' the original Rules and then we can post our own views for the same, how we propose to make small changes in it. I feel we may end up neither here nor there. Just my views.
What you have written is very welcome but may be a bit later would be much more good.

Are bhai pahle shaadi ki preparation par dhyaan do. Paise kamane ke moike baad mein bhi milenge lekin ye nahi. Congrats!:thumb:
shaadi ke baad paisa udaane ke mauke zyada milte hai :D

anup

@dan bhai (bro): Jain is getting married and is still taking time and posting in this, thread so people were asking him to enjoy the marriage and later on come back to earning... And the language is hindi...