Will you please help me to be a day trader, you knowledgeble people?

H

hari09omkar

Since my journey as a learner of the subject of technical analysis,I found some indicators to be very interesting to deal with,and I applied them in real trading. Then.....The whipsaws came in so frequently! A buy signal today will be a sell tomorrow. Now where I have gone wrong? Why I still lose money if I know the momentum indicators to deal with? The question of trading profitably is gaining momentum in myself and then I went to attend classes by two very successful traders and analysts of my city. Now I identified my mistake.......
As my classes are going on,I am finding one thing istilled in my mind. "Trend". The philosophy of Dow is something like one of Newton's laws of motion.....Stock markets move in trends and continue to move in that direction untill a reverse in that happens. I am enlightened with the fact. I read in book about the reversal of a trend,the patterns (H&S ,Double tops n Bottoms etc.etc.).Support, resistance,fibonacci,gann,oscilator......what is left? That is trend. My philosophy of understanding the subject has got a shake from this subject of trend. Three trends.....UP,DOWN AND SIDEWAYS.It is not that I was totally alien to these terms,but I missed to catch it.If someone is not known to this fact,that you are not supposed to predict what will happen in future,but to judge what is happenning at present,and don't understand the trend and trade accordingly,then he/she is only trading,not trading successfully,consistently.
I am very much thankful to the great post by Saint: "Teach a man to fish and......",along with my teacher. Its a long way to go,but still I can bet that my very first lesson is clear in markets.......Trend.And not only trend but to trade in the "direction of the trend" and not to "buck the trend". Thank you Saint. You are the real teacher.Hundreds of books can't match the teachings and understanding of a real successful experienced trader!
And lastly,I must add my finding till date,about daytrading. I am using IRIS as my real time data and software provider.Its very user friendly.
I am using the combination of 3,13,39 Ema for eod (as stated in a thread of this forum) and real time charting and using the crossovers and price stabilty over or under the shortest(3 in this case) and the medium average(13 in this case),along with the identification of the trend, to go long or short. I am finding good result. Also using the bulk deals of volume more than 5000 or value more than 5 lakh rupees,price difference > 1 rupee with close = high for bullish (for going long) and close = low for bearish stocks (for shorting) in the 5 minutes candle bars,for tracking opportunities in the real time. Also keeping three days intraday history beside my relevant chart. I am using the daily chart as "tile chart" for every scrip so that I can understand the trend (near term) and take decisions.Also I use ADX and ADXR as the understanding of current direction.Overall,it is very simple trading system in place......no complication.But one thing I am using strictly which I should say here.

My teacher said one thing,that his teacher taught him: "Stoploss first,Stoploss second,Stoploss last". So before entering a trade I am calculating the stoploss first,then entering the trade and then quickly giving my trading terminal the stoploss,so that in case the price changes direction very quickly in seconds,I am not left crying that my stoploss was not executed and blaming the Luck lady. The pivot,R1,R2,R3 and the S1,S2,S3 are all important levels in day trading that are to be taken into account for entering,exiting or deciding stoplosses except the other things for a trade.
OK.......That's all for today. Keep me posting that what you guys feel about my developments and comment accordingly. As my understanding of the subject improves I will be posting more and try to point out where I was wrong previously.
Hari om.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello Hari..

gd to read ur posts..n c ur developments in trading..u r on rt path...keep it up..n very valuable thng u said..TREND..u r absolutley rt..evn i had made mistakes intially by not following trend..n going against it..shorting it just becoz maket is up so fast n beliving it wil fall now..everyone is learning frm own mistakes.......so keep going friend.......

sharestrader

Dear HAri,
Your posts are really very useful for the beginners. I am also a beginner in TA and also from Kolkata. Can you inform from where you are taking classes and who are the faculties. Also pl. give some guidelines on calculating R1 R2 And S1 S2.

Wishing you all the best

H

hari09omkar

Dear HAri,
Your posts are really very useful for the beginners. I am also a beginner in TA and also from Kolkata. Can you inform from where you are taking classes and who are the faculties. Also pl. give some guidelines on calculating R1 R2 And S1 S2.

Wishing you all the best
The pivot equation [(previous + high + low) / 3 ],R1,R2,R3 ....S1,S2,S3.. (all of them have simple arithmetical formulas),all are calculated by the software and given on the screen accordingly.

Well I think I can't make just an advertise on these people. As they are charging good amount of money,and not giving their wisdom freely,unlike Saint,Karthik,Vince,CreditViolet and many other knowledgeable people of this forum. So my advise (although not qualified) is to stay away from any text book type analyst,who gives calls to people,and try to find as many as you can from these great traders threads here.
And onething......I am in great need of books now.....I have the Magee & Edwards book,also have "Martin Pring on Market Momentum"......but my thirst is not fulfilling. I want "Technical analysis of financial markets" by John Murphy and "Technical analysis explained" by Martin Pring. The Landmark store is wanting around 6000/- for the two books. Can't I get any old edition? From where? I'm in total darkness.......will anybody help me? If none knows,then I am astonished!!
Hari om.

Hi Hari,
I am a newbie who read your posts and admire your determination. Hope it will work out right. I am looking for a real time software for intraday charting and saw that you mentioned IRIS. Can you tell me how to get this? Or any other software you came across?

thanks
Jagansr

Since my journey as a learner of the subject of technical analysis,I found some indicators to be very interesting to deal with,and I applied them in real trading. Then.....The whipsaws came in so frequently! A buy signal today will be a sell tomorrow. Now where I have gone wrong? Why I still lose money if I know the momentum indicators to deal with? The question of trading profitably is gaining momentum in myself and then I went to attend classes by two very successful traders and analysts of my city. Now I identified my mistake.......
As my classes are going on,I am finding one thing istilled in my mind. "Trend". The philosophy of Dow is something like one of Newton's laws of motion.....Stock markets move in trends and continue to move in that direction untill a reverse in that happens. I am enlightened with the fact. I read in book about the reversal of a trend,the patterns (H&S ,Double tops n Bottoms etc.etc.).Support, resistance,fibonacci,gann,oscilator......what is left? That is trend. My philosophy of understanding the subject has got a shake from this subject of trend. Three trends.....UP,DOWN AND SIDEWAYS.It is not that I was totally alien to these terms,but I missed to catch it.If someone is not known to this fact,that you are not supposed to predict what will happen in future,but to judge what is happenning at present,and understand the trend and trade accordingly,then he/she is only trading,not trading successfully,consistently.
I am very much thankful to the great post by Saint: "Teach a man to fish and......",along with my teacher. Its a long way to go,but still I can bet that my very first lesson is clear in markets.......Trend.And not only trend but to trade in the "direction of the trend" and not to "buck" the trend, if I use the word of the esteemed member of this forum - Saint. Thank you Saint. You are the real teacher.Hundreds of books can't match the teachings and understanding of a real successful experienced trader!
And lastly,I must add my finding till date,about daytrading. I am using IRIS as my real time data and software provider.Its very user friendly.
I am using the combination of 3,13,39 Ema for eod (as stated in a thread of this forum) and real time charting and using the crossovers and price stabilty over or under the shortest average to go long or short. I am finding good result. Also using the bulk deals of volume more than 5000 or value more than 5 lakhs,price difference > 1 rupee with close = high for bullish (for going long) and close = low for bearish stocks (for shorting) in the 5 minutes candle bars,for tracking opportunities in the real time. Also keeping three days intraday history beside my relevant chart. I am using the daily chart as "tile chart" for every scrip so that I can understand the trend (near term) and take decisions.Also I use ADX and ADXR as the understanding of current direction.Overall,it is very simple trading system in place......no complication.But one thing I am using strictly which I should say here.

My teacher said one thing,that his teacher taught him this: "Stoploss first,Stoploss second,Stoploss last". So before entering a trade I am calculating the stoploss first,then entering the trade and then quickly giving my trading terminal the stoploss,so that in case the price changes direction very quickly in seconds,I am not left crying that my stoploss was not executed and blaming the Luck lady. The pivot,R1,R2,R3 and the S1,S2,S3 are all important levels in day trading that are to be taken into account for entering,exiting or deciding stoplosses except the other things for a trade.
OK.......That's all for today. Keep me posting that what you guys feel about my developments and comment accordingly. As my understanding of the subject improves I will be posting more and try to point out where I was wrong previously.
Hari om.

U

uasish

Hi,
India Infoline's TT5 ,Share Khan's Online A/C , all use Iris Software.People interested can open an a/c there & trade online with Iris only for intraday at no cost for Software & Datafeed.

Asish

H

hari09omkar

Well...friends,I'm feeling a fool of myself, as I am deeping more and more in this world of capital market,about my own perception of trading in stocks.I was first a person of interest in making good money in the market. So I asked my father to give me some money so that I can make a fortune out of it. I went on my own first....traded in stocks....and earned some money.I can remember......the first stock to earn money for me was Bongaigaon refinary. I thought,that I should consult some expert (watching the channels....they seemed to me to guide me better to earn money).Joined a popular advisor's forum and after that my view about the markets are changing.
After a small concept in trading,now,I am getting myself to be an idiot.
Yes.....I am not a coward to admit my faults.I have done severe mistakes in the past,regarding my idiotic views about trading.Like?
Like endorsing my views on trading on news,trading on indicators whose functions are not fully known to me as when and where they should be used......etc. etc.
I have a plan to write on quoting some previous posts of mine and some reactions of other traders and my reparcations on them,and negating the thoughts of mine,so that a novice trader's psychology can be well examined and dissected.
I am begging pardon from the seniors,who have done their lives on trading,for being foolish and sometimes harsh to them.I did not understand what they were saying that time,as this world of education on trading and experience was not there.
But I am telling the truth all the time from the begining.What I felt about trading and whatever......I expressed that.And now also I am telling the truth!! I am not disappointed to myself or frustrated. But on a path to enlightening....
I am now going to plunge on to the huge collection of books I have made,by the grace of God,and engulf the views of the great traders of this world. Untill then,I am just stopping trading frequently,full hour,but not closing the alternative of trading on the delivery trading or a few day trading,as untill I practise on my philosophy in the real world,I can not find out later,where I was thinking improperly.
My itch for knowledge is not allowing me to trade for full hour nowadays.
Hours are passing like water in the river,for the improvement of knowledge.Sometimes,I am missing my meal.Sometimes,I am sleeping very late at night (like today....its past 2 am now) and waking relatively early in the morning.Hard work and hard work...... and perseverence too........this is the case for me guys nowadays.Why?
Well..... a graduate needs 20 years(or more) to get the degree,an engineer needs one more year so is a CA,a doctor needs 2.5 more years.......but in case of trading in stock markets most people are trying to make a living without good amount of education and intelligence and hard work and willingness to know.How can people even think of putting money in stock market without knowledge of price action? Strange....Is it going to work for them? Never.That is why 80 % ( I am not sure about thye number....I think the right number is 95%) is a loser here. And I do want to be on the minority side.......
Meanwhile.....if anyone wants to make any comments,but with explanations of course,to any previous post of this student of Market,which seems to be worth noting to be wrong,are welcome.Because it will open up the subjects like psychology and money management ........the second one specially is so importent.....which the beginners overlook or don't know what it is.....and show the novice traders how wrong can one be and in which way it can be corrected.
When Edison tried to discover electric bulb and failed again and again.....20,000 times(read it in a magazine)....he was not frustrated.....watch what he said ...he said that now I know 20,000 different ways "not" to make a bulb.What a thought!!! And we know he succeeded atlast.
I have another good example of this process.If here is any student of physics or any IIT student of very recent times......or anyone who appeared seriously for engeneering recently,should know a book by R.Ravi...."Interactive Physics". In this revolutionary book (actually a series of books) he started explaining a concept in physics by stating the wrong ways the student can think ( from his experience,may be). Thus he explained the misconception there and went on to teach the real one......how thrilling these books can be is anybody's guess.The books are highly successful. Am I getting a bit scientific? Well.....I was a student of Physics honours and I loved that subject.....
But let's talk commerce now as we are in trading stocks .....and forget all those mistakes and forgive me ......scientifically :)
Hari Om

oilman5

nice write up...great and practical view ...shown by all traders...
who wins?...ofcourse...HARIOM....he now knows what is trading...

1]call givers give calls to earn..
2] they/their good buddy take position BEFORE other know what to do
3] all good hearted traders suggest to loss LITTLE...
4] market prediction is difficult..
5] know what u can handle...
6] discipline is key

WHY I AM COMMENTING...
BEFORE 3month..i dont comment...so i made money...
january i write...i am cocky...
feb....overconfident....i write more...SO MY EQUITY CURVE FALL
now at 3.5 lakh loss....
its my fault....
so as a failed position trader....i know why i failed.....
this realisation is only i got ....loss teaches me....

swing trade...i t i understand....works well PRESENT MARKET CONDITION...BOTH SIDE BREAK ../.IS POSSIBLE.....
BUT..I CAN NOT...PLAY...i am taking time to build me....
how to handle volatility....

day trade....ha ha...still i am rightly trade...
[ i treat it as gambling..i was a known gambler..in cards since concentration is key ...and risk management... i normally win here...
alas i gamble..10%..]70%...position trade...so loss is bigger...
very bad strategic mistake...win 10/-...to lose...10000/-

fortunately in hibernation i can prepare a more..powerful strategy..

i shall keep pro..for trade entry....
attend some call....
check fundamental......business scenario
own responsibility...no discussion what tobe done...just DO IT...
RECHECK SYSTEM...trial trade...6month....

by the way,....the topic is DAY TRADER.....

I shall give some hints....never hold loser.....
use scanner ...eod....next day probable candidate...3ok....
use BREAKOUT/ MOMENTUM
book targeted profit/loss...no ifs and buts...

hi i am repeating again . hope u dont mind.
READ ALL CV VIEW.
with regards
oilman5