Which one is better laptop ?

TracerBullet

Special attention should be given to the Type of Display, Display resolution, Onboard ram and particularly the Processor and its performance benchmark.

For i3 alone comes in many flavors, speeds and performance. The price of i3 (or for that matter i5 or i7) differs hugely according to its performance.

To check the performance you may use
https://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu_list.php
Yes, display is probably the most important thing. Performance wont matter much as most of the time you wont be using laptop at full load ( unless you play games, convert videos etc )
Again, i reiterate. Unless you have use case for extra cpu power DONT go for overpriced i5s and i7s. They are anyway much inferior to desktop versions. A SSD will probably be more noticable as many times you are bottlenecked by disk access speeds ( ie os / browser etc startup times ).

But yes, go for latest versions as price difference will be minimal. I think haswell ( 4th gen i3/pentium ) is still latest unless broadwell is here. If latest amd apu is much cheaper then even it should do for a backup laptop. Get cheap laptop + SSD instead of expensive laptop with harddisk.

Addition graphics card and memory will cost more and so decide whether you want it or not.

In my opinion it is best to have these. The performance increases dramatically. The difference shall be in unloading / loading softwares, etc. The reason is that widows displays are images and the time taken for screen refresh changes with graphics card and memory.
Sorry, but that is completely incorrect. You dont need discrete graphic cards for decent 2d performance. All you will get is a hotter and power hungry laptop. For normal users i think it hardly matters. More ram will do NOTHING if you dont use it. Anyway some extra ram is good to have.

DONT get discrete gpu unless you wont to play games, even then gaming on desktop is much better idea. Integrated intel/amd graphics is more than good enough for a backup trading laptop ... Anyway, upto you

if u are planning on going with i3 , then recently HP launched a few laptops with 5th edition i3 . HP's laptops are the only one i have come across while have launched 5th edition (it launched it a few weeks back , but i am skeptical cause i cant see a "5th generation processor" even on the intel sight! ".

if you want to see how the processor specs are and their performance comparability
https://www.cpubenchmark.net/
this site will give u the benchmarks of each type of processor .

and you can refer to intel sight as they have the option of comparison .
Thirdly , dont be blinded by just the terms :i3 , i5 , i7" ... there are i3 processors which are better than a few i5 and a few i5 which are better than i7 also .

Once u have locked down to a few laptops , go to the intel processor specification sight and check for the "no. of cores and no. of threads"
more the cores = faster the performance .

Hopefully this gives u more insight before u invest your valuable and hard earned money .

Regards,
Fudge

timepass

Just ordered on Paytm :

Acer Aspire E5-571 Notebook (4th Gen Ci3/ 4GB/ 500GB/15.6 inch/Linux) (NX.ML8SI.011) (Black)

It has i3 4030U CPU. Checked the ratings as advised. Looks ok. Price 27990 and cashback of Rs. 6000 after delivery.

Will revert with the reviews later on.

Just ordered on Paytm :

Acer Aspire E5-571 Notebook (4th Gen Ci3/ 4GB/ 500GB/15.6 inch/Linux) (NX.ML8SI.011) (Black)

It has i3 4030U CPU. Checked the ratings as advised. Looks ok. Price 27990 and cashback of Rs. 6000 after delivery.

Will revert with the reviews later on.
Thanks for posting the details
But this one is linux based and you have to spend hefty sum, if you go for genuine windows OR you want to go the other way, as normally we go for a substitute

timepass

Thanks for posting the details
But this one is linux based and you have to spend hefty sum, if you go for genuine windows OR you want to go the other way, as normally we go for a substitute
Are you saying that one can't install windows on it ? :confused:

Are you saying that one can't install windows on it ? :confused:
No No
One can install windows on it, but for genuine W7 or W8.1, one has to pay additional hefty cost for it or as an alternative, to go for pirated versions, that has its own drawback, nowadays.
Or you have some other plan for the installation for windows

timepass

No No
One can install windows on it, but for genuine W7 or W8.1, one has to pay additional hefty cost for it or as an alternative, to go for pirated versions, that has its own drawback, nowadays.
Or you have some other plan for the installation for windows
I'll get a local hardware guy to do it for me. At present this was the best option in sub 25k range for me.

pakatil

@ TP,

Is it Cash on Delivery or you have already made payment.

Windows can surely be installed. Get proper Drivers from Acer Support page.

I'll get a local hardware guy to do it for me. At present this was the best option in sub 25k range for me.
The hardware guy will install genuine windows or the pirated one. And how much he will charge, if genuine.
No doubt you have chosen a very good option :)