which is best among Zerodha&RKSV for NSE F&O

Best among Zerodha & RKSV for NSE F&O interms of Less brokerage and hassle free s/w

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hi Friends Please participate in this poll.Currently I am a client of ZERODHA .Itrade F&O Initially their charges were reasonable.Later I found that they are stealing some extra amount interms of Tunover charges and other charges.

Planning to move to RKSV securities.Please vote which is best based upon following proirities

1.Reliability(How far our money is safe with them.Because my portfolio will be anywhere between 3 to 5 crores).

2.Faster and hassle free trading platform

3.Less brokerage(including everything)

4.Customer support

Thanks in advance

Anillal

Hi Friends Please participate in this poll.Currently I am a client of ZERODHA .Itrade F&O Initially their charges were reasonable.Later I found that they are stealing some extra amount interms of Tunover charges and other charges.

Planning to move to RKSV securities.Please vote which is best based upon following proirities

1.Reliability(How far our money is safe with them.Because my portfolio will be anywhere between 3 to 5 crores).

4.Customer support

Thanks in advance
1. As far as safety of your money is concerned do not expect safety of banks from them. All broker firms have to adhere to certain rules and regulations therefore I would say all of the established ones are relatively safe. The only precaution one can take is to not to keep all the money in one basket that is have 2-3 different accounts instead of one, and also should keep having regular payouts.
2. Platforms are only two. odin and now. Both are monopolised by the exchanges and are total crap compared to any below par platform available in developed countries. So one has no choice but to make do with either of them because both are ok ok.
3. If one knows how to trade efficiently like a pro then one should not mind paying even the costilest brokerage in town because brokerage makes up very little of the total bill. It is the STT, and other charges which are the real killers. However if one is just a high volume hit and run kind of trader then flat rate brokers like RKSV will prove far cheaper in the long run relatively speaking.
4.Customer support is getting better with all brokers now due to increased competition so one should not worry that much on that front.

sibu3168

Hi mtrji657

I am a trader with more than 15 years of experience. I have both experience of proprietory as well as personal trading. Due to illness of my father, I've to come to my native place. The condition was so worse that I am not able to go back to my work place. At the same time, there was not so opportunity in my native place. So after sometime, my entire savings has got vanished and to my utmost dismay, I was at such a position i can't move from my native place. So the idea of personal trading came to my mind, although I knew that it was not the right time to trade in the market. But I've no option. Then I started searching brokerage houses to open an account. I found brokerages vary from 0.01% to 0.05% depending on your volume. Most of the brokerage houses offer Diet ODIN, NOW or NEST trader as trading interfaces. Previously I have experience in handling all these platforms along with NEAT terminal. After lots of research, I've zeroed two brokerage houses named ZERODHA and RKSV and opened account with both of them. I discarded others as I found the trading tips flashed on their terminal as crap and they always put me in confusion. Secondly my personality suits the brokerage structure of those two companies. After trading for almost two months in these two companies, I am sharing my honest view in this forum.

1. ZERODHA has order based brokerage structure (which is suitable for casual or non frequent trader or positional trader) where as RKSV has volume based brokerage structure (which is suitable for high volume trader such as jobbers and arbitrageurs).
2. ZERODHA offered NOW and NEST trader as trading terminal whereas RKSV has offered NOW as trading terminal. In this case, I found ZERODHA has more edge as NEST trader is better than NOW because NEST trader has never hanged in my laptop and it runs from 9 am to almost 11 pm nonstop. But NOW in both cases hangs (one to two times daily, I think it is due to internet problem as I use photon plus data card of tata indicom). My personal experience is that NOW works better on Window XP rather than Window 7.
3. From client service point of view, I find RKSV has higher edge than ZERODHA. The major problem I found with ZERODHA is the language problem. Although they have good people, I found it difficult to communicate in hindi. Sometimes, it took 5-6 phone calls to slove a problem. But in RKSV, till now I don't found such cases.
4. If you want to trade in Currency segment, then undoubtedly RKSV has more edge than ZERODHA. For example, If you trade 1-2 times daily, then RKSV is cheaper than zerodha. If you trade 3 to 4 times daily in option segment, then RKSV is also cheap. If you trade 3 to 4 times weekly, then ZERODHA is better. For jobbers and arbitrageurs, RKSV is undoubtedly best.
5. In terms of funds pay in and pay out, both are good.
6. For the sefty of funds, I know stock market is such a place, an oldest of oldest brokerage firm can blow up in a single day. So don't put all your money in any brokerage firm and don't worry much about that.
7. The most negative factor for both these two brokerage firms are their huge statutory cost. It is obvious that neither they are clearing members nor they are depository participants. So better use them for trading purposes (my view).

After experimenting for two months with both brokerage house, finally I decided to use Equity and Currency segment with RKSV and Commodity segment with ZERODHA.

The above remark was my personal one and I have no intention to disrespect these two brokerage firms.
I hope, it will answer your question.

Happy Trading

Hi bro,

you have given a n excellent analysis of RKSV and zerodha..

Just today, i h came across Zerodha, saw their online brokerage calculator.. i had a doubt in commodity brokerage calculation..

Plz see if you can help ....

Consider the scenario, natgas buy @ 207.2, sell @ 207.8... 6 lots ...

can you plz give me the nett profit.. plz include the stamp duty also ....

Their online calc does not include stamp duty.. hence this doubt...

Thanx in advance ..

sadiq ...

sibu3168

Hi sad264 & asok sen

Clarification regarding Stamp Duty at Zerodha

I've analysed it as per my contract note.

Suppose you have opened an account at Zerodha. Now you will get access to Equity, Currency and Commodity segment.
For example, in a single day suppose your turnover is 1 crore. Do you think you have to pay Rs. 50/- as stamp duty (Because Zerodha charges 0.01% or 50/- which is lower per contract note)?

The answer is BIG NO

Now I explain it. Suppose your total turnover is 1 Crore. Let us break it segmentwise :

NSE Cash - 20,00,000/-
NSE F&O - 20,50,000/- (i.e. 20,00,000/- in future & 50,000/- in Option)
NSE Currency - 25,50,000/- (i.e. 25,00,000/- in currency future & 50,000/- in currency option)
MCX - 34,00,000/-

Your total Stamp duty will be - 50+50+50+50 = 200/-
That means Zerodha is providing you four segments and you have to calculate stamp duty individually with subject to condition that the maximum cap is 50/- per segment. That means when your per segment turnover will be greater than 5,00,000/- (Five lakhs) then you have to pay 50/- as stamp duty to that segment.
In option cases only premium will be considered as turnover and in Zerodha Calculator, if for a partcular segment your turnover exceeds five lakh, then add 50/- to its overall cost although it will be nil in your subsequent trading in that segment.

Hope this will clarify your doubts.

With best wishes

I think you should try Ventura Securities Ltd. they are pretty clear in what they offer and what you get. Purely focused on retail broking.

4.Customer support

Thanks in advance

Verde

I think you should try Ventura Securities Ltd. they are pretty clear in what they offer and what you get. Purely focused on retail broking.
Since you are from Ventura, why not start a thread about it and let us know if there are any advantages to trading with ventura and not rksv or zerodha.