Which BUSINESS TV channel you watch and do you trust them?

Which Tv Channel you Watch?

• CNBC TV18 (enligsh)

Votes: 40 48.8%
  • CNBC AWAAZ (hindi)

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • ZEE BUSINESS

Votes: 6 7.3%
  • NDTV PROFIT

Votes: 8 9.8%
  • any other ...

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • Don't watch BUSINESS NEWS TV Channels

Votes: 23 28.0%

• Total voters
well, news break out on business channels are pretty good. Like they just announced that lahman brother is filing for bankruptcy. This news is very encouraging to continue short positions.

Also, they provide turnover statics, good if you want to know whats going on in broader market.

I specially like market breath analysis on cnbc. They keep showing how much decline and advances with graphs, give you general picture about whats going on.

Economists on CNBC TV18.
I find interviews with world economists very useful. Of course, all economists can't be correct but they generally give you better picture and understanding of individual countries and global economies. One can also understand and learn 100 things from them which will help person develop long term investment and also other business strategies.

Business leaders on CNBC TV18
IMO, one should not watch Business channel for trading tips but should watch it to learn new strategies, technical analysis points, interviews with world economists and business leaders (ratan tata, mukesh/anil ambani), market analysis, market breath, in dices prices etc. I really liked Ratan Tata, the way he talks, his confidence, appearance, politeness, straight forwardness, very useful to learn in how to behave and talk in business environment and how to behave like an leading business man.

ARMHM

I watch TV with muted volume. I am interested only in price of the stock. That too when there is some problem with the internet. What rubbish they speak and the experts' comments are all useless. In fact it is more confusing rather than helping in decision making. In the end price is the only deciding factor in the market.

aditya14

Re: CNBC Mitali Mukherjee

you never know after going through this board and the fans for mitali's and other females in cnbc,i wouldnt be surprised if they have mallika sherawat as guest anchor in the cominng days...I meant it wouldnt make much of a differece mitali/mallika,they know **** about stocks only thing they can do is pop their heads when hero(udayan) speaks!
:mad: :))
I disagree,i think Mitali knows what she`s talking about.This defense has nothing to do with my crush on her btw.

S S

Hi!

No one may believe this, or may be all of you will, but the facts are as follows :

1. The young guys watch the business news channels. They only watch the young faces to have dream fantasies. They do NOT listen to the chatter that goes on.

2. Most of the advisors and experts keep rotating on all the channels, giving out the same Bxxl Sxxt, so it does not make sense to ask, which channel’s BS was more smooth.

3. The Experts and Advisors mostly talk only BS. They give their opinions, but one wonders what the opinions are based on. That is never clarified.

For example, if the markets are sideways for a longer period and there is no change in any policy, I do not understand the fundamental analyst suddenly recommending a scrip or two. Those fundamentals must have existed since the market went sideways. Then either he/she was sleeping or did not have a chance to appear on TV earlier. This is more dangerous. One may have some opinion at one point of time, but giving it late may mis-lead the viewers.

4. There are some technical analysts who do give sensible levels of support resistance. But again, in a sideways market these numbers do not change, unless either of them is broken.

Then what does one know from these all channels when the market is sideways? Nothing. Viewers and Listeners depending on the channel for guidance get dis-appointed.

5. The important fact has never been explicitly stated by any one of the channels.

Whichever country one talks about, there are always leaks that let the policy decisions out much earlier than the scheduled time. This allows the market to build-up that news. Charts usually indicate such and similar behaviour.

It is an accepted fact that during the bull run from 2003, all those who remained invested earned much more than those who traded. Likewise, if one totally ignores these business channels and concentrates on the charts, one would earn much more than the earnings with the help of the guidance from these business TV channels.

My opinion and I could be wrong,
Cheers!
SS