What are your investment goals?

Mr.G

Aapne apne prev avtaar mein Mr Ashish ko aisi gandi gandi galiyaan di ki apko ban kardiya gaya, now i am really surprised to know that you are an managing director of a co. Great .:D
I'm punjabi. :p Pure din office mein irritating logon se kaam karo and then I come here to chill idhar bhi I meet ashish type people then what should I do? Frustration nahi nikalegi? I recently found out ashish lives in delhi only. I hope i get to meet him one day and shatter every bone in his body.

Mr.G

BTW my investment goal is to make a long term portfolio that organically grows its dividend output and gives me capital gains at the same time. Which get compounded over the years. I want to store my lifetime's wealth in my portfolio and leave behind such a vast and powerful money machine that no one will see.

Guys, guys, lets not deviate off topic here.

@MrG
Can I get some numbers? How much would you want your portfolio to be worth? How much % are you expecting in dividend returns annually?

Mr.G

Guys, guys, lets not deviate off topic here.

@MrG
Can I get some numbers? How much would you want your portfolio to be worth? How much % are you expecting in dividend returns annually?
There is no fixed end game number. I just want my dividend growth to be more than inflation to ensure my buying power increases with time. Dividend % will increase on it own in time. And total % will increase at a lightning rate.

TraderRavi

low risk profile
There is no fixed end game number. I just want my dividend growth to be more than inflation to ensure my buying power increases with time. Dividend % will increase on it own in time. And total % will increase at a lightning rate.
lightning rate = ?????

Mr.G

lightning rate = ?????
There are capital gains in fundamentally strong stocks, then the dividend you receive grows, this dividend is reinvested into my stocks which grow and I get more dividend which grows my dividend income and the dividends grow organically aswell. Everything gets compounded. There is the lucky chance of getting bonus or rights issue aswell.

suri112000

Mr.G

Glad to know that you are a fund manager.

I would like to cherry pick a bunch of nice blue chip shares to the tune of Rs.10 lakhs.

Now, advise me on the following

1. Whether it is the right time or not
2. If the time is right, what shares would constitute my portfolio (I can keep invested for 2 years).

whisky

Hi All,

A newbie investor here.
I was wondering what are your investment goals? When do you consider yourself to be a successful investor/trader? To be a millionaire? To live off your investments and never to work again?

I have set a simple goal. To achieve a nominal growth 15% annually. I'd say it very achievable.

What are yours?
My goal is appropriately given in your question itself & by God grace have already achieved it "To live off your investments and never to work again?"

So far as your goal of 15% annually, its easy, as i am even adding additional 10% to it, ie. 25% annually achieving.