Validity of Stop Loss

AceX

Dear All,

I am highly concerned about what I just now came to know about stop loss, and would like to confirm it.

What is the validity of a stop loss, if I add one today. Will it stay tomorrow, day after tomorrow and so on?

If not[this is what I came to know just now], then how can we limit our losses on days when we are not sitting in front of a terminal

Lastly, if indeed your broker allows stop loss to stay for days at end[technically till the event is triggerred], then please name your broker

Thanks in advance

columbus

Dear All,

I am highly concerned about what I just now came to know about stop loss, and would like to confirm it.

What is the validity of a stop loss, if I add one today. Will it stay tomorrow, day after tomorrow and so on?

If not[this is what I came to know just now], then how can we limit our losses on days when we are not sitting in front of a terminal

Lastly, if indeed your broker allows stop loss to stay for days at end[technically till the event is triggerred], then please name your broker

Thanks in advance
All our orders are GFD (Good For Day) orders.We need to place new buy/sell orders with stoploss AFRESH tomorrow.

columbus

Hi Columbus :)

Can someone place stoploss order after market hours {I mean offline order before market opens}?

Regards

Reji
Hi REji,

The meaning of Aftermarket Hour (AH) order is -to place orders for next day.GFD orders hold good here also. (plus or minus some range of CLOSING price as stoploss).

AW10

Hi Columbus :)

Can someone place stoploss order after market hours {I mean offline order before market opens}?

Regards

Reji
Some brokers offering "after hour" order placement facility have this option. I know of ICICIDirect and Sharekhan and they do allow you to place orders in the night for tomorrow.

Still keep in mind -placing stop loss order still carry the risk of gap down open. So if market does not trade at your STOP price, then your order will remain open.

Happy Trading.

AceX

Dear All,

But if thats the case, then is it not possible to manage it when you are in a vacation?

I mean, for Western countries traders do it like that, dont we have any otherway?

columbus

Dear All,

But if thats the case, then is it not possible to manage it when you are in a vacation?

I mean, for Western countries traders do it like that, dont we have any otherway?

It is possible if your broker allows you tele-trading. (Orders by phone)

columbus

Some brokers offering "after hour" order placement facility have this option. I know of ICICIDirect and Sharekhan and they do allow you to place orders in the night for tomorrow.

Still keep in mind -placing stop loss order still carry the risk of gap down open. So if market does not trade at your STOP price, then your order will remain open.

Happy Trading.
It in not advisable to do AH trading ,better to move with TREND.