Unitech

pkjha30 said:
Hi Jdm

See the unitech chart. It has all the hallmark of manipulation.Its website is sparse in giving information lacks depth. They can't invent one.
Pankaj:)
It means if anyone invested 1 Lakh in mid 2005 in Unitech, would have booked profits of 3.5 Crores when it reached it peak at 14000. voila !!!!:eek: :eek: :eek:

shrinivas

pkjha30 said:
Hi ganesh

Personally SBI is a stock much liked by me. Though I am not in it. By 07 end it should be in much higher range. I think downside possiblity is limited. We might see some mergers which would drive its prices up.Margin pressure will be there but it is one which has huge Govt bussiness nobody else can fathom.

Have a look at the attachments. Price doesn't show strength. Banks will be under pressure but I think SBI should be able to go beyond its peak on the strength of merger news. You could have picked up at little lower price had you waited for a week. But have no fear. This is a stock with destiny. Infy of Banks.

The other two stocks are in sugar sector. It was very hot till last year. Still some thing may be left in it. Sugar prices will be firm. Ethanol story will come to India. It is already picking up in USA and we will follow soon. Sugar stock will get benefitted. Large players will be better. Bajaj and Balramput both are fine. Most of the positives are built in its prices except ethanol story.

If you are serious about covering your losses go for infy pre- bonus. In 10 months time you will have double or almost double. Outlook is very very strong and I think it will prove to be microsoft of India.

I think you are in MTNL. Stick with that . It will get to 200 then quit on weakness unless you get some other indication.

Ganesh I don't screen stocks for finding good ones. As my investment limit is not much so I go for max 7 stocks with three sectors at most. Holding period is of two types. One year and three years. Remember my story of stock. I am still with it and 105% annualised profit after being down a little(84%). I have time till this year end.

I suppose next year we will hear more about Infrastructure, real estate, constructions, airports FMCG power capital goods oil exploration.

You can screen some of it on the basis of some of the following factors.
1.P/E ratio and P/B ratio:

2.Price-to-Sales Ratio:

3.Earnings growth:

4.Return on Equity:

5.Strong cash flow

6.Debt/Equity ratio.

Most of the details are available on you trader's website. ICICI does it.
Moneycontrol has. Some other website also will have it.

Just a layman's view.
thanxx pankaj...
you spoke up my mind...
ya, i'm into SBI but have not picked up full guns now..waiting for another week to pick it up at lows (or maybe at some highs...you never know).....
balrampur and bajaj hindustan would be picked up by me at every step now and MTNL is also in my list...i'm only into these stocks for this year...Will look into INFY as you suggested....can you tell me right time to get into it...

ganeshhity

pkjha30

ganeshhity said:
thanxx pankaj...
you spoke up my mind...
ya, i'm into SBI but have not picked up full guns now..waiting for another week to pick it up at lows (or maybe at some highs...you never know).....
balrampur and bajaj hindustan would be picked up by me at every step now and MTNL is also in my list...i'm only into these stocks for this year...Will look into INFY as you suggested....can you tell me right time to get into it...

ganeshhity
For infy , any time is right time. I don't know if you can catch it at sub 3000 level again bfore bonus. See the chart for infy. best time was when it was at 2740. For a brief moment it went to 2485 then it recovered sharply. But then the crowd was terrified of bear bottles.This stock has weathered bear markets of all bear markets in India so far(not this one it is just a correction that too a mild one.)

Moreover if you ask share specific question I have to quit as I am not an analyst.

Last edited:

pkjha30

punterji said:
It means if anyone invested 1 Lakh in mid 2005 in Unitech, would have booked profits of 3.5 Crores when it reached it peak at 14000. voila !!!!:eek:
You could have invested in 2004 a sum of 40000 and odd rupees and yes you could have been crorepati but then videocon ind. at 40 rs. Titan at 35 and so on so forth You check the prices of today's great gun back in 2004 or even earlier. Could you have imagined.
Market is full of good and bad opportunities all the time to make and loose money. Key is to hold long enough you might see yourself a millionnaire or zeronaire:D

Never look back. Always look for good and decent opportunities and not the indecent proposals.Unitech may be one.I am sure if you get in now it will still run far. Just check who are the promoters and hidden promoters etc.

Hi JDM and Pankaj,

Firstly let me clarify - I have money invested in this for the last 6 years - so am not shooting from my hip.

Secondly, there is no data available post March 31, 2006 - if anyone can see the shareholding pattern as of date - and track that over March till now - you will be able to see a rise in Promoter's buying and a decline in public holding.

Have a look at the charts now - a freeze everyday. Even if it is manipulation - it is paying me off.

In any case - as advice to other people - i am divesting my stake - be cautious about this stock - it is too volatile and may pose threat - it is slated to touch new highs by a lot of people - but I would wait till the DLF IPO - it is likely this stock rises till then.

And for all you senior members - pls do not disregard us junior members so easily - I have been asking for advice on Unitech since 6 months now on this forum and none of you have provided any.

Since this has hit limelight - everyones talking!!

Cheers

Piyush

jdm

hi Piyush,
good to see you back.

theres no intention of mine or pankaj, as a matter of fact (pankaj if you allow me to :D ) to disregard you.

when ever i or even pankaj says something we try to give sufficient data to support our views.

when you said the promoters are buying, i myself has contradicted the fact by providing enough facts and figure. now you are back, sticking to your gun. but my dear, you still lack the bullets. if i be on your shoes i would have waited 10-15 days (the result season is back), have the shareholding figure with me and then shot back.

when you say the promoters are buying, when you say boast about the companies asset, one can only come to the conclusion that you are bullish about the company. now you are back, saying you are liquidating your holding. well...........

in my experience one is always at the wrong end when it comes to matter of manipulation. better safe than sorry. i don't think anybody would refute this.

cheers,
jdm.

pkjha30

Hi piyush

jdm is right about me. I have no intention to disregard you. In fact for individual stocks I will be a poor judge. I have reapect for the market and I don't treat it as a gambling den. I am a long term investor. So If I am entering any stock it would be for a specified period of one year or three years and above.I don't know if unitech fulfills my criteria. It had an ugly rise and may not have an ugly fall. You are lucky so far and stick to it as long as going is good.

By diversifying you are showing scant regard for stock's future. They may become something of a legend. But then not all are lucky like you.

ps:jdm you have rightly judged my attitude.

jdm said:
i wish i could judge the latkas and jhatkas of the market with such impunity.:p

Hello Gurus,

I now find the Unitech to go down for last one week and now its like steady 5% decrease but in RED.. :confused:

Now Can you tell some more companies like this...

Suzi