Turtles CCI

rkkarnani

It is generally a trend following system. And once i tried to correlate it with checking what type of periods it is using. But problem was that it was having random pivot periods. And then i asked Linkon sir, who told me that it is trend following system and very slow to follow on EOD basis.

To be frank, i dont know how the afl is written, other then that it calculates the pivot high or low of last few periods. Out of which i just derived the common fact that whenever price breaks the last range and closes above that, it is because of force in that direction is increasing. Momentum is gaining to that side, in the particular time frame we are working in. Also price goes up by breaking the previous range to upside, and down to breaking the range to downside. Thats how the charts are formed. I never complicated the theory with the understanding of the AFL. I just sticked to the basic theory of breaking of previous high to gain more height.

CCI and Pivot both act as a filter to each other. If one is right and other is wrong we dont take the trade. Both should be suggesting momentum in the direction. Remeber the entry points i discussed in the First Post.
Okay,have understood to some extent what you are trying to do.... however, I never used Amibroker, infact dont have one. I was commenting based on the chartd posted by you. My understanding is that when we draw a highest high or lowest low in any time frame say for last 20 periods or 50 periods, there has to some bar which makes this HH and another that makes the LL so the Line (or Pivot as we call it here) must touch the high and low of these bars making the HH and LL. In any case the charts visually are looking very attractive. Cannot see charts on my system as I said I dont have Ami!!
Do keep up the good work.

rkkarnani

Sorry for the confusion... there arnt many. Whatever was , was due to my lack of fully understanding the charts posted.
Things are clearer after I saw the charts again without "imagining" things from my side. More queries after serious look at the charts and not in a hurry.

Thanks.

rajputz

I got some request abt the color of price chart being distorted or not quite adaptable. So Did a little tweaks in colors and posted the new AFL in the first post. Only Turtle Price Chart is updated. Stoploss line for trailing stoploss in aqua color is also introduced. There was K line in addition which i dont use, so i removed it.

rajputz

Trade taken at 740...price has entered the pivot high and low...so cautious one can close the trade at 8 Rs. Profit....