Turtles CCI

rajputz

In the given example, check all the red arrows. At all the places price crossed and closed above the higher pivot or lower pivot, CCI was in rejection as CCI was hovering between 200 and 100, or -200 and -100. So it was clearly no trade. In green Arrow area, price closed above the Pivot high, and CCI was just about ot exit 100 or was at 100, was a green signal for the trade.

Last edited:

rajputz

Check the chart of Aban for same breakout trade. In this case, due to sudden burst of the pivot, CCI suddenly went into the 100 + Zone. But we can see with the volumes that strength was there, also the CCI was still pointing in the upward direction, we can enter the trade.

Exit was when CCI crossed the 100 line again and LSMA also turned red.

Last edited:

rajputz

Check the chart of ABB. Clearly a No trade zone, as Pivot is broken, but CCI is standing out of the confirmation zone.

Last edited:

rajputz

Check the chart of AndhraBank. The breakout of Pivot low, with changing direction on CCI with wide bar and direction to downside. Exit was when CCI crossed back to -100. In the second case, Pivot High was broken and CCI started an upmove. Exitted at EOD.

AW10

I have been using Woodies CCI for long time. It has given me very nice results in intraday trading. But from last few months, i have got my back apart from scalping and now my try is to get one good trade every day. A single or two good trades with some nice moves.

So in order to accomplish this i looked into the CCI method once again. While working on it, i got an idea to collaborate it with Turtles method of pivot based trading system. When ever i was working with the Turtles pivot method, the one point i noticed was that Whenever price breaks and close above or below the higher or lower pivot, the price continues in that direction for atleast 2+ bars. These bars were mostly positive and never giving wrong trades. Even if price reverted back into the channel (false breakout), then the loss was minimal. But problem was still there as i dont want the loosing trades. Entry was not yet my problem, exit was. So i looked into my CCI system, as i knw that it can give me good exit. It gives good exit, then any other system. gets us out two or three candles before rest of the world. Then i tried over it. And the results were fabulous. Then i tried to comprise it with the entry also. And it worked fine then also. but still some whipsaws were there as i needed to tweak the time frame most suited for the good entries and exit. Untill now i havent come out with perfect solution for that, and using it on 5 min and 15 min time frame. Bigger time frames were not good for intraday and also missed the major moves. And i wanted to keep it simply for intraday. Till now the results are good.

P.S. - This system is just a test. So dont take trades blidnly. As widout proper understanding the results can be severe heart aching. I will be posting the trades based upon this method here. Thanks to linkon sir for motivating me to discuss method here for further tweaking.
Rajputz, good to see a system's thread coming from you.
For me, the botttom panel of chart, looks pretty overloaded with lines / colours etc. And I don't think u are using all of them in trading this system.

If I were you, then I will use just what is required for this system and save that template.. Cause I belive in Simplicity and less info overload for mind to get distracted.

Plz don't change the stuff cause I am saying, but See if this helps you..

Will be looking forward for more stuff here.

Happy Trading

rajputz

Rajputz, good to see a system's thread coming from you.
For me, the botttom panel of chart, looks pretty overloaded with lines / colours etc. And I don't think u are using all of them in trading this system.

If I were you, then I will use just what is required for this system and save that template.. Cause I belive in Simplicity and less info overload for mind to get distracted.

Plz don't change the stuff cause I am saying, but See if this helps you..

Will be looking forward for more stuff here.

Happy Trading
Its good to see you around AW sir. These colors in CCI panel and lines are alot of help to the CCI users. That is the main reason that i have given a book with it, so that the new readers can understand the system. Once the eyes get adjusted to color, these are really helpful.

The first time Linkon sir showed me the charts, it was pretty awfull to me too. But then i started to see the results and effect of these different color, i really got addicted to it.

Like Red Color defines a downtrend has been created over CCI, Blue is for Uptrend. Yellow is Fast CCI line, which gives the early warning for the future movement and makes one cautious of what can happen. White is Main CCI line. LSMA, the 0 line changes color for choppy market or trend changing conditions. The ribbon at the top also stays Blue for uptrend, and Brown for down trend. So every color shows a relevant information to user. All we need is getting addicted.

Also the method, i have discussed, doesnt focus on those much things. It just needs what i have mentioned.

Thanks for your input though. It makes me cautious posting some thing.

Last edited: