Tuna's Crude Recordbook

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuna

Listen and act, don't ask it, it doesn't oblige
Booked 40 pips in short, a while ago. This is something I am very proud of in my entire trading career. I will explain later why. All I can say , I am damn proud of myself today. Keep this post filed explanation later

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tuna

Booked 40 pips in short, a while ago. This is something I am very proud of in my entire trading career. I will explain later why. All I can say , I am damn proud of myself today. Keep this post filed explanation later

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This trade was taken when my beloved wife was in hospital, admitted in Emergency with chest pain and symptoms identical to something which was really scary. I am on my own in the city I work and my native is in other part of India. As usual frantic Panic calls were coming to my cell from my home and my in laws home. My 3.5 years old kid was clueless what is going on. And as expected I panicked as well...then this happened:

1. Suddenly something flashed on my radar which I learnt from my years in trading " We should only focus on what we can control' - I 'decided' not to feel any anxiety

2. Went to hospital, get my wife admitted (Kid was with me as none else at home). Spoke to doctor - he was bit worried but confirmed that is mostly a gastric attack causing the pain - but some tests were underway

3. Called on of my friends (college friends who work in same city) who was nearest to come down to my home along with his wife and stay overnight at my flat so that my kid gets some company

4. Picked my laptop and 4g flash card headed for the hospital- (decided to trade as usual from her cabin as there was enough room for me a laptop and she was sleeping, not point of me wasting time just sitting by her side like a fool and allowing the fear to creep in my Psy system. Whatever is bound to happen is not under my control. I can only pray for the best. Rest is up to me to accept)

5. Found that she is little better - I felt well, I guess I was right in deciding not to worry

6. Followed system with 0 distraction - and nailed this trade and posted that quoted text

7. Medical report came, everything normal - normal gastric problem. Called back native to cool down extended family

Got back home and back to routine. Thanked my loyal friend and his wife for the help.

Back to trading (yeah, took a break from 9 to 6)

The reason I wrote this post from my personal side -

I guess, I have gone through many similar or even worse kind events in life with usual ups and down of emotions. But probably first-time found a trading habit ("focus only what you can control") - helped me managing this crisis (and of course with the blessing of God) in a much more organised way.

Prove the point of one of my earlier post on the BTS thread.

Now, why to trade:

• It actually makes you understand about yourself – your drawbacks, your strength and you can use to make a better person out of you (sound funny, but it did it for me)
I have evolved for sure and the journey continues. May be my path to Moksha is not achievable from some cave in the great Himalaya but in front a 13" screen with some red and green bars.

Tuna

-23 points loss booked, was a $hit day in both the markets.

Tuna

Tool 2 trades so far
+35 on short just a while back
Earlier one was a scratch

Tuna

Booked +10 on long, was stagnating for a while, did not want carry it through. Shall check market post 5-30 pm

Status
Not open for further replies.