Trending F&O Stocks

travi

Traders become pulp with moves like this. It seemed like a quite day to trade with everything moving down well till the backlash... This is one of the reasons why I prefer taking positional trades. Hate the intraday volatilty :(

How do you deal with it?
I'm quite the opposite, most of the time we're expecting such a knock, so do intra with SL, so theirs hardly any risk. Those gap ups/downs can't be measurably controlled then we have to go into prayer mode :mad:

TraderRavi

low risk profile
Traders become pulp with moves like this. It seemed like a quite day to trade with everything moving down well till the backlash... This is one of the reasons why I prefer taking positional trades. Hate the intraday volatilty :(

How do you deal with it?
simple . if volatile move in your favour it prints a green bar on ledger , if not then red bar :lol:

I'm quite the opposite, most of the time we're expecting such a knock, so do intra with SL, so theirs hardly any risk. Those gap ups/downs can't be measurably controlled then we have to go into prayer mode :mad:
Sir,What I do is..If Im short futures and if its in profits then just before each eod I will buy calls. If there is a gap up opening next day, call will be higher so will offset loss on futures and so on. This is just something I use to deal with gaps. Next day when markets open I get rid of the call asap.

travi

Sir,What I do is..If Im short futures and if its in profits then just before each eod I will buy calls. If there is a gap up opening next day, call will be higher so will offset loss on futures and so on. This is just something I use to deal with gaps. Next day when markets open I get rid of the call asap.
True, that's the old hedge style. Earlier brokerage was a killer, with current plans, getting in-out quick doesn't hurt that much.
So in these kind of volatile days, overnight sleep is sound :D

Ravi bhai would have a blown a few a/c's only paying brokerage with nil profit back in those days :D

True, that's the old hedge style. Earlier brokerage was a killer, with current plans, getting in-out quick doesn't hurt that much.
So in these kind of volatile days, overnight sleep is sound :D

Ravi bhai would have a blown a few a/c's only paying brokerage with nil profit back in those days :D
Yes correct sir. Thanks to zerodha and the likes, taking a hedge is now cheaper. Has worked so far. Only problem is very close to expiry, OTMs may not move much so you have to keep ITM which will require slightly higher margins but you can at least protect your profits.