Trading the trend

Also one of the most common mistakes is to fight the trend... in the recent cases, its most disheartening to see people trying to go long in a downtrend trying to pick bottoms and trying to short an uptrend picking tops.. stick to basics... trade the market you are in and leave the emotions to other traders...
So in a bear market sell rallies and in a bull market buy dips... these two things followed in previous two days would have saved a lot of sleepless nights
Yes, very true...we as traders should be trend followers....and not trend starters. So if the trend is down, we should train our mind not to entertain thoughts of being brave and do bottomfishing.

But people are never happy trading the current trend...when the trend is down, they try to buy and try to catch the bottom and when the trend is up, they try to sell every rally trying to catch the top.Why do they do so ? because they find excitement in going against the trend but that gives them large losses and then they get into hope mode that the prices will come back to their levels which never happens....then the losses finally become unbearable and then they book losses and the market reverses....and this continues ....

Smart_trade
Yes Very true and well said....:clapping:

Don't fight with trend..... follow the trend and trade like..... tu(TREND) jahaa jahaa chalegaa, meraa saayaa( TRADING) saath hogaa....:D

are trader logo tum logo ko ye simple aur basic cheese samajha me kiyo nahi aati hai... Dimag nahi hai kiya....:mad::D

Last edited:

VIKAS 21

Dear ST

I think we could go on here like a ping pong game, as I could come up with the question: Who made the chart looking like it did in the daily chart? :)

Trading also has to do a lot with believes and there is enough space in the market to destroy or support every body's beliefs and ideas.

Thanks for the chat on such a good level and from my side thanks to thread owner to have the patient to let us chat a bit in his thread about:

Trading the trend and nothing else.

No need to point to other threads.

Good trading / DanPickUp
Really Very Nice idea Dan Sir.....

Yes that ping pong game will be really helpful as all will be able to improve their knowledge By practical tests...

All of these test papers will really helpful in exercise of mind for grasping the basics...