Trading the trend

VIKAS 21

Dear Vikas Sir,
I am highly impressed by your HH,HL,LH,LL, MPH,CPH,SPH etc. May be I am a bit confused about the difference between CPH and CPL as also CPL and SPL. I shall be glad if this concept is explained with the help of Nifty Spot chart. I do not know how to post a chart. Otherwise I would have posted the same and asked you only to explain the above concepts.

How to upload a chart ( by timepass)

http://www.traderji.com/equities/47979-canteen-742.html#post591768

First post ur charts with marking HH, HL, LH,LL

Then you will be able to understand pivots...

VIKAS 21

Friends keep posting your queries about previously discussed topics & support/resistance levels...

We now move to our next topic GAPS

a gap represents an area where no trading takes place. On the Japanese candlestick chart, a window is interpreted as a gap.

In an uptrend, a gap is produced when the highest price of one day is lower than the lowest price of the following day.
In a downtrend, a gap occurs when the lowest price of any one day is higher than the highest price of the next day.

There are four type of gaps:

Breakway gap : It occurs when prices break away from an area of congestion. When the price is breaking away from a triangle (Ascending or Descending) with a gap & the volume is heavy then there is a good chance that market does not return to fill the gap. When the price is breaking away on a low volume, there is a possibility that the gap will be filled before prices resume their trend.

Common gap : It is also known as area gap, pattern gap or temporary gap. It occurs when price is moving sideways. One can also see them in price congestion area. Usually, the price moves back or goes up in order to fill the gaps in the coming days. If the gap is filled, then they offer little in the way of forecasting significance.

Exhaustion gap signals end of a move. When it is formed at the top with heavy volume, there is significant chance that the market is exhausted and prevailing trend is at halt which is ordinarily followed by some candlestic pattern development. An Exhaustion gap should not be read as a major reversal.

Measuring Gap : Also known as Runaway Gap, a Measuring gap is formed usually in the half way of a price move. It is not associated with the congestion area, it is more likely to occur approximately in the middle of rapid advance or decline. It can be used to measure roughly how much further ahead a move will go. Runaway gaps are not normally filled for a considerable period of time.

Keeping an eye on the volume can help to find the clue between measuring gap and exhaustion gap. Normally, noticeable heavy volume accompanies the arrival of exhaustion gap.

Esse

Dear Vikas,

Came across your thread today. Pl accept my sincere gratitude and appreciation for the effort you have undertaken to educate us.
I have just started with the thread and in post no. #2, I have a query with respect to the yes bank graph that you have posted. Would be obliged if you kindly clarify the same.
The LL marked 1 and encircled in yellow is lower low with respect to which low?

Thanks and regards

VIKAS 21

Dear Vikas,

Came across your thread today. Pl accept my sincere gratitude and appreciation for the effort you have undertaken to educate us.
I have just started with the thread and in post no. #2, I have a query with respect to the yes bank graph that you have posted. Would be obliged if you kindly clarify the same.
The LL marked 1 and encircled in yellow is lower low with respect to which low?

Thanks and regards
The point 1 is marked LL by mistake, actually the point 2 is our first LL....

VIKAS 21

Exercise for the ppl who are actively participating in the thread & are intrested in building blocks..

plss mark which type of GAP is it of all the four gaps mentioned...

I am planning to post daily exercise on various topics already discussed to make the confusions make clear to everybody .....

I will do it only if u ppl are intrested,, need ur consent....

press thanks button for ur consent....

prabhsingh

Exercise for the ppl who are actively participating in the thread & are intrested in building blocks..

plss mark which type of GAP is it of all the four gaps mentioned...

I am planning to post daily exercise on various topics already discussed to make the confusions make clear to everybody .....

I will do it only if u ppl are intrested,, need ur consent....

press thanks button for ur consent....
Measuring Gap