Trading for Living -- Successfully Completed one year as Full Time Trader

travi

Margin blocked in Zerodha for this around 25 L where as it used to be around 18 L. Their calculator is still showing 18L.

I think the time has come to change the broker.
Margin blocked is function of their internal RMS expected volatility and tends to vary without any notice. Calc will not update that frequently.

This part is really difficult in context of margin, Aastha was popular but someone has posted that they've also changed their margins recently.
Getting low margin broker over-the-counter is almost impossible, every one is pretty much in this range.

The best way is to negotiate directly with the broker based on your performance and you can cut a deal.
don't remem but last i know IIFL is able to customize pretty well.

SEBI should spend more time focussing on enabling spreads than other non-issues :D

amrutham

Over this weekend, will open trading account with FYERS.

If I satisfy with it, probably will move one of the accounts completely to them.

Margin blocked is function of their internal RMS expected volatility and tends to vary without any notice. Calc will not update that frequently.

This part is really difficult in context of margin, Aastha was popular but someone has posted that they've also changed their margins recently.
Getting low margin broker over-the-counter is almost impossible, every one is pretty much in this range.

The best way is to negotiate directly with the broker based on your performance and you can cut a deal.

SEBI should spend more time focussing on enabling spreads than other non-issues :D

How will broker manage the risk if one leg of the strategy is closed with other risky legs still open ?

amrutham

Increase in margins in case of expected volatility due to any event is understandable. But today I do not get the point of increasing it.

Its almost 40% increase in margins.

Am I missing something ?